Patch 1.0.3 Unofficial Changes

Quote from Daemaro

Quote from Tobby

Quote from Uldyssian

Quote from Daemaro

Me too, I'm just afraid of what hoops I'm gonna have to jump through. :P

PvP reward, maybe?

Umm this is Blizzard. You know it will be 10 bucks in the blizz store. People are getting all these Blizzard bucks they need a way to spend them :P

God I hope it's that simple. :P

I was thinking it could be a bonus if you order MoP collector's but... I dunno that'd be too much in my opinion.

As for it being PvP related I doubt it, they made most of those rewards seem like sigils though they did say they'd be cosmetic. Wings are cosmetic?

Then again... We read "Quad damage" somewhere... Maybe its the visual for that "buff" in arena?
    Quote from Tobby

King of the Hill - Complete the Last Stand of the Ancients event without leaving the top of the hill.
    None of those achievements are in the game right now. Unless they are all feats of str and I can not find them. Could they maybe add them or where they achievements that didn't make the cut and they are just getting rid of them in the client?

I did get this achievement on first day, don't know if it's sill there
    Quote from Quelor

Then again... We read "Quad damage" somewhere... Maybe its the visual for that "buff" in arena?

It wouldn't be listed as an item though then would it? They really have me wondering.
    Those wings are most likely the reward for owning the MoP CE.
    Quote from Zic

Those wings are most likely the reward for owning the MoP CE.

seeing as its no listed under the rewards for that FoS, im gonna say its not. (plus it has nothing to do with MoP)
    But im trying to find another call to the item in the files atm
    Possibly an addition for CE owners? We have dark and light dyes- Why not dark and light wings?
    Can't say I'm a big fan of having MoP stuff in Diablo. :|
    why are people suprised about it tho?

SC2 has both D3 and Wow stuff

Wow has both sc2 and D3 stuff

why wouldnt d3 get something for wow and sc2 exp?
    I don't care if there are panda sigils. I would care though if they made me buy MoP CE to get D3 wings. It's a relief to hear they're probably not related.
    The string says "Collector's Edition Buff" and it's in the same patch change as the MoP FoS and the dark wings icon. It seems a reasonable conclusion that the wings are from the CE.

What I'm worried about is the "QUAD DAMAGE" thing. That better be a two month old April Fool's joke..
    When I grow up, I want to be a frill-necked lizard.
    Quote from MCMXCIX

The string says "Collector's Edition Buff" and it's in the same patch change as the MoP FoS and the dark wings icon. It seems a reasonable conclusion that the wings are from the CE.

What I'm worried about is the "QUAD DAMAGE" thing. That better be a two month old April Fool's joke..

I'm pretty sure since it is entirely capitalized that it is a reference to Quake (http://quake.wikia.c...iki/Quad_Damage), in which the announcer yells QUAD DAMAGE in a deep voice when you pick up the power-up.

Why? I have no idea. It's probably just somebody putting a funny placeholder in place of where item text would be. I would totally do it if I were bored too.

Anyway, there isn't too much new here. The class balance changes are absolutely tiny (as we expected) and have pretty much no real repercussions. They removed a much of achievements that don't exist in the game on the server-side, so they're just trimming some unused code as far as we're concerned.

The only major news is that they are nerfing CRAFTING costs as well as training costs. In their 1.0.3 overview, they specifically mentioned only training costs. Some specifics on the crafting/training cost nerfs would be nice if possible.
    Does anypony have an idea why are they nerfing the Enchantress skill? Sure, it's might be very minor, but I want to understand their reasoning. I used this on her for a total of 5 minutes before sticking 'useless' tag on it, since she kept lobbing that cooldown on me when there was no monsters near me (just some on edge on screen), wasting it every freaking time. I mean, what's the point of nerfing something that has no use in first place?
    Quote from Nivrax

Does anypony have an idea why are they nerfing the Enchantress skill? Sure, it's might be very minor, but I want to understand their reasoning. I used this on her for a total of 5 minutes before sticking 'useless' tag on it, since she kept lobbing that cooldown on me when there was no monsters near me (just some on edge on screen), wasting it every freaking time. I mean, what's the point of nerfing something that has no use in first place?

The Enchantress (and the Scoundrel) are both as powerful (in my opinion, more powerful) than the Templar, but most people don't bother trying them out for long enough to realize it. The Templar has useful abilities, but he has a terrible sense of self-preservation and goes out of his way to die every 30 seconds. The Enchantress and the Scoundrel actually have great CC, buffs (Attack Speed, Crit, Resource Regen, and Armor), and real DPS.

The 15 yard radius is quite large; she could CC entire elite packs or massive sections of mobs. It would always surprise me how many mobs her CC would hit.

I'll probably swap over to mostly using the Scoundrel with using the Enchantress for boss fights (her Erosion skill is very OP still for boss fights).
    But... she keeps using it on with no monster nowhere near me. Unless... ya, I could see it working a bit better for melee characters. But I really hope they also improve her AI with it as well, she saved my flank so many times with Charming mob that is next to me, why can't it work similar with this?
    Quote from Plocer

Quote from Kobrakai

stupid enrage timer here we go again World of Diablocraft

You know world of Warcraft didn't invent a lot of the things that are in the game right? They just combined a lot of things. Enrage timers are to prevent extreme amounts of cheesing/low damage on boss fights. If you aren't geared enough to kill it within a certain amount of time, then you shouldn't be there.

Oh the garbage casuals never understand that idea at all. They just want to go in and kill the enemy to get gear handed to them with little effort as possible. Nothing new and which the main thing that ruined wow before the kung fu panda expansion.
    Quote from mysticalos

what's the build number? It'll take me hours to find the files trying one buid number incriments at this rate it seems.

Also, remember how long 1.0.2 was on patch server before being released, about 11 days. It did not get released the immediate tuesday/wed following it's appearance but week after, it just sat on servers, done, for almost 2 weeks. I'll be surprised if 1.0.3 is next week. But never know

just what, things don't always follow a pattern.
    Quote from eman41

They're nerfing Inferno.

Diablo is not a subscription game. They really have no obligation to make any changes other than bug fixes after release. The balancing and overall improvements are because they want the game to be better for everyone.

If you can't get through Nightmare without the AH or farming, you might want to evaluate your play-style.

False, they want you to buy the expansions.
    Quote from Olden Soul

Lmao, no. I bought this game because I've patiently waited 11 years to play it because I've been playing since the release of Diablo 1. I am complaining because they were in development for so long, and only now they are removing and balancing. I love Diablo, I love the lore, and I love the style of the game, but I simply cannot accept or condone Blizzards actions on how they are handling

Seriously? By looking at your posts I would say that you haven't even finished nightmare on Diablo 2... Come on, nightmare/Hell on Diablo 3 are way easier (save for a few packs) than Diablo 2. The really hard stuff only starts at inferno Act 2.
    Quote from Kemosabe_TBC

Quote from Olden Soul

Lmao, no. I bought this game because I've patiently waited 11 years to play it because I've been playing since the release of Diablo 1. I am complaining because they were in development for so long, and only now they are removing and balancing. I love Diablo, I love the lore, and I love the style of the game, but I simply cannot accept or condone Blizzards actions on how they are handling

Seriously? By looking at your posts I would say that you haven't even finished nightmare on Diablo 2... Come on, nightmare/Hell on Diablo 3 are way easier (save for a few packs) than Diablo 2. The really hard stuff only starts at inferno Act 2.

Let me guess, you play softcore. It took me under 15 hours on hardcore to beat d2 on a ladder reset, still not done with hell on hardcore at around 50 hours on d3( to be fair, part of it was mfing gear for lower characters), either way, d3 is way harder if you play hardcore.
    +1
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes