Closed Beta Players - "One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength

Not cool at all.
    Quote from Reddaye
    Maybe I'm biased because I was in closed beta...but why is everyone bent out of shape over some silly Feat of Strength? We're on the precipice of release here people...who cares about this little shit? Let's enjoy the game.

Because everyone feels entilted to everything. The same people complaining about not being able to get a Feat of Strength and Sigil will be complaining when they can't do nightmare, hell, or inferno and get the Sigil and Achievements for those things. They will be complaining when Blizzard has other limited-time Rewards and they didn't get it.

Or they will get such things and say how those that are whining because they didn't get it are cry babies. Its a video game, it means nothing in the end. This sigil and FoS won't give you any advantage in the game at all. It is not unfair for Blizzard to reward people that potentially helped them test the game and mold it into what both parties wanted out of a game. Its not unfair that you didn't get the reward because you didn't get picked.

You can't have everything. Just like I won't be able to have that legendary you got to drop on your first playthrough of Normal. If you are crying over a FoS and Sigil then you better get a box of tissues because you'll definitly be crying over the way Loot is random in the actual game.
    Quote from EIite

This makes me angry. I did every contest Blizzard ever put out, I never got in. This achiev is based on luck. Would appreciate it if they removed it.

I almost feel bad that something as trivial as this makes you so upset that you wish no one can have or enjoy it.

The real world is going to be a scary place for you some day.
    I don't think anyone really gives a damn about the Feat of Strength, it's the sigil that pisses people off. Mainly because a lot of people tried really damn hard to get into the beta, entering every contest they could find and liking every damn facebook page.
    I was in the beta.

I'm pretty sure that means that I am a better person than anyone who wasn't in the beta.
    Quote from Weezner

Yay thanks Blizz!

The amount of angry people over this is incredible. It is one sigil out of probably hundreds.

Every objection I have read so far says "this is lame because it was based on random luck." By your own statements you are stating how meaningless an unprestigious this FoS and sigil are, so why complain?

Winner!

I wasn't in the closed beta and I really don't care about the FoS or banner at all. Why? See above. Seriously.
    walk softly, and carry a big gun
    Quote from Dayn89

Real dumb move by Blizzard, got beta but still feel like this adds nothing but anger among those who have loved the game and waited for years but were not lucky enough to get beta invite. I for one will not use the sigil as it really marks nothing but luck. I mean a random person could get it by chance and not even touch the beta. Pathethic.

You understand almost everything about this game is about luck, right? You gonna cry when I find a legendary out of "dumb luck" too?

It's just a Sigil. It servers ZERO PURPOSE IN GAME. You won't even notice it. STOP QQ-ing.
    Quote from Zic

I don't think anyone really gives a damn about the Feat of Strength, it's the sigil that pisses people off. Mainly because a lot of people tried really damn hard to get into the beta, entering every contest they could find and liking every damn facebook page.

Damn, I guess their enjoyment of the game is gone now that they don't have a unique banner icon. /sad panda
    I need some clarification on this whole thing. I checked my email after the beta closed, and saw that I had been invited to the closed beta. I'm pretty sure it's a legit email from Blizzard because there aren't any links to fill something out, or any of that usual phishing sort of stuff. Problem is, I didn't see that I was invited until too late. I never logged in, or downloaded anything. The blue post says that it won't matter and they will still flag me as one of the chosen ones.

The other question I have is will this show up in Diablo, or WoW? This whole achievement thing sounds more like a WoW thing than a Diablo thing. I'm a bit confused.
    For all you cry babies....suck it up and enjoy a fantastic game! Dont go cry about a stupid achievment.

Go Diablo III

P.S.- I was in beta.. :d3d:
    Quote from Sycamore

I need some clarification on this whole thing. I checked my email after the beta closed, and saw that I had been invited to the closed beta. I'm pretty sure it's a legit email from Blizzard because there aren't any links to fill something out, or any of that usual phishing sort of stuff. Problem is, I didn't see that I was invited until too late. I never logged in, or downloaded anything. The blue post says that it won't matter and they will still flag me as one of the chosen ones.

The other question I have is will this show up in Diablo, or WoW? This whole achievement thing sounds more like a WoW thing than a Diablo thing. I'm a bit confused.

+1
    Quote from Benegesserit

Quote from Chnumpen

That's no good!
    It's nothing to be proud of if you got this, it's only pure stinking luck!

I'm one of does without luck. :(
    Really hope we others will be able to unlock the sigil some other way.

Well not EVERYONE got in through simple opt-in luck. There were competitive contests (usually based on creativity), press invites (you could have chosen to work in that profession...if you're too young, lol too bad there's tons of things kids don't have access to), or even if you were a kid could have made a name for yourself in the past as a vblogger/streamer on youtube/justintv etc and Blizzard invited those people too. Plenty of non-luck opportunities.

Also keep in mind this is DIABLO. Which is pretty much all pure stinkin luck. Someone not as skilled as you might beat you to inferno with less time because of better drop luck.

I wasn't lucky at all I tried all the contests, giveaways and opt-ins I came across and I'm not a kid (grew up with the Diablo games) so I would not say I'm that bad at these games. The press isn't for me so that was no option. :(
    I'm not the kind of person who feels the need to complete every feat of strength or anything, so I won't try to make a fuss about this. However, I do think it's kind of lame, and I understand why this will be irritating to some. A feat of strength should, in my opinion, be obtainable by everyone who makes a real effort. Getting beta access was pure luck for the vast majority of participants, so it's not really a feat of strength in any way.
    But oh well... Grats to those of you who got it, I guess. :)
    NICE!
    Quote from Chnumpen

Quote from Benegesserit

Quote from Chnumpen

That's no good!
    It's nothing to be proud of if you got this, it's only pure stinking luck!

I'm one of does without luck. :(
    Really hope we others will be able to unlock the sigil some other way.

Well not EVERYONE got in through simple opt-in luck. There were competitive contests (usually based on creativity), press invites (you could have chosen to work in that profession...if you're too young, lol too bad there's tons of things kids don't have access to), or even if you were a kid could have made a name for yourself in the past as a vblogger/streamer on youtube/justintv etc and Blizzard invited those people too. Plenty of non-luck opportunities.

Also keep in mind this is DIABLO. Which is pretty much all pure stinkin luck. Someone not as skilled as you might beat you to inferno with less time because of better drop luck.

I wasn't lucky at all I tried all the contests, giveaways and opt-ins I came across and I'm not a kid (grew up with the Diablo games) so I would not say I'm that bad at these games. The press isn't for me so that was no option. :(

Not all the contests were lucky draws so you didn't look hard enough (there were lots based on competitive nature like art, funny photos, writing, or even competing in other video games).
    I'm honestly surprised by this. People were wanting to keep Overachiever and/or Betamaxed (if only as FoS), and then got told there wouldn't be anything carried over.

As one who participated in the closed beta and earned Overachiever at least twice, I can't complain. I do think that, due to the apparent sensitivity of the subject, Blizzard could and should have communicated better.
    i was in the beta, but this is really lame. i hate it when they create stuff like this that can't be achieved by everyone.
    interesting update: The Activision Blizzard First Quarter Calendar 2012 Results Conference Call is starting . I am rly looking up to what sub looses is wow standing atm , even i quited last month due to zero content i think the number will be big .
    So easy!
    SoEasy#2174
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes