Diablo III: Wrath

If you liked the animation or voice acting is a non-issue here.

The facts are Blizzard has taken media integration and story to a whole new level.

Backstory from D2-D3 Novel: The Order (check)
    Animation of the Eternal Conflict_Angels (Check)
    World History (Book of Cain) (check)
    Character information and short stories (check)

Blizzard gets the whole Action_RPG thing and tells stories in games far better than any other developer.

I could care less about the quality of the animation, the story elements needed to be told...and they were.

AS for the "gayness" of 12 year olds? dude your a moron. My adult children were raised better than you, clearly. I call "bad parenting"
    Quote from RaidenFreeman

I checked my brain meats. Still intact.

Anyway, it was nice, though I'd like it to be 3' longer XD

And it's oficial now, we're gonna fight angels in diablo 3. God help us?
    (C what I did there?)

nope .. what did you do ?
    >> I'm not a psychopath I'm a high-functioning sociopath
    Much better than expected :D I mean comeon, an anime Diablo movie? haha i take my words back! I'll be prepared!
    “Much speech is one thing, well-timed speech is another.”
    Quote from Luido

In blizzards games there is always someone to be corrupted, Kerrigan, Arthas, Dark wanderer, So many more Angels, Keepers, Aspects. And on and on.

Even corrupted Imperius=badass

Blizzard is also corrupted by Activision, :hehe:
    That was BAD ASS!!!! I need more!!! :d3d:
    In this world...
    Is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
    Is it like the hand of god hovering above?
    At least, it is true...
    That man has no control, even over his own will.
    I want a whole series like this!
    Easy, Lucky, Free
    Well I'm not gonna lie but this was extremely disappointing and anyone who knows how proper animation looks like will agree with me.

It must have been made on very short notice because it was really short and really low on actual movement and it still managed to look poor and very un-fluid.

They should have went with their full CG thing because at least they know how to do that well. This 2D/3DCG mashup was just not good.

Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Alcovitch

It's about what I expected. Looked like a Saturday Morning Cartoon. I cannot stand this style animation. it looks cheap and low budget. The voice acting over all was abysmal. For a 100% unlock, this was a major let down.

It was free. Stop whining.

There are plenty of free things but that doesn't mean they're good or welcome.
    Not talking about the clip, just about that logical fallacy.
    ­
    OK, good story and all... cool fight, but am i the only one who thought of this short as "meh." not the biggest fan of the animation.
    personal opinion is all. don't hate.
    Quote from HabeasPorpoise

Man I really hope that tyrael's voice in-game is the same guy as D2 and not this guy. Other than that, this was fricken awesome.

Sadly... Ed Trotta won't voice Tyrael in D3. http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/ed-trotta-the-original-voice-of-tyrael-speaks
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    Quote from Calavera666

I'm having serious problems dealing with Metzen's voice.... it's just like... I feel that Imperius has a Van Dyke beard and funny dark glasses behind his helmet.

Metzen didnt voice any of this, read the credits.
    Quote from Farrokh_

Quote from Alcovitch

It's about what I expected. Looked like a Saturday Morning Cartoon. I cannot stand this style animation. it looks cheap and low budget. The voice acting over all was abysmal. For a 100% unlock, this was a major let down.

I would rather have this stuff as 100% unlock, where you can see more lore and depth in the story than some shitty wallpaper/song/in-game item. I have to say you isn't much of a fan, do you? It was done for the fans by the fans and I love it. I'm not watchin' anime films and stuff but it's solid.

Get out of here. Of course I'm a fan. Why the hell would I be on a site like this if i wasn't a Diablo fan?

I still don't like the animation and art style. It's really not my cup of tea to be honest.

I would have preferred another developer diary then this. Flame me cuse I didn't jump on the "ZOMG IT"S AMAZINGGG!!111!!" band wagon.
    So disappointing. This was such a let down and actually decreased my hype for the game...
    Playing a Wizard. Looking for Demon Hunters to play with.
    Stay on topic please
    Quote from Riesza

Well I'm not gonna lie but this was extremely disappointing and anyone who knows how proper animation looks like will agree with me.

It must have been made on very short notice because it was really short and really low on actual movement and it still managed to look poor and very un-fluid.

They should have went with their full CG thing because at least they know how to do that well. This 2D/3DCG mashup was just not good.

Amen.

Looking at it from any angle still makes it look weak. Graphics? Almost no details, nothing to catch your eye on. Audio? Nope. Action? Still nothing, which is very disappointing, looking at how Blizzard's cinematics make you shiver just by looking at standing still character. Lore? Whatever, raise your hand if you didn't expect Imperius to be suspicious for some reasons.

Ehhh, seeing what Blizz gave out for completing 100% on StarCraft 2 promo website before it's launch, made me wait nervously for this video, but it turned out to be disappointment.
    I liked it so much that I was still staring 2 minutes after it finished!
    Compare these two 100% unlock videos...

Diablo 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEAPxgMCEA8

Starcraft 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crCKcFlpA-4

Anyone else feel like the Diablo one fell short? The Starcraft one was amazing. I found myself wanting to play the game even tho I was never interested in it before. The Diablo one felt like I was watching a trailer for a bad Avatar cartoon rip-off.

Disappointment
    Playing a Wizard. Looking for Demon Hunters to play with.
    I'm actually really sad to hear that Tyrael is not being voiced by the same VA

Quote from Riesza

Quote from Beechsack

Quote from Alcovitch

It was free. Stop whining.

There are plenty of free things but that doesn't mean they're good or welcome.
    Not talking about the clip, just about that logical fallacy.

Proper animation?

Peter Chung knows a hell of a lot more about animation than anyone around here. If you don't care for the style, I get it, but don't insult the man's work.
    To those wondering about Imperius' role in D3, this comes from the book of Caine. I'll highlight the important informations for you :

"... And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
    as Justice falls upon the world of men.
    Valor shall turn to Wrath -
    and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
    Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all -
    as Fate lies shattered forever."

Woops, many angels names in that short text, huh? And guess who's Angel of Valor ?
    Hey Imperius...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes