Fansite Questions & Answers, HQ GDC Slides

"Q. In Hardcore Mode, will players receive damage from collapsing/destroyed walls and/or parts of the décor (as it is not the case in Normal Mode)?"
    What a stupid question... Hardcore is in the beta. Just try or ask someone to.
    Some people like the Blizzard graphic? hahah yeah... maybe the guy that designed it and possibly his mother... but she's lying.

Seriously, they should rename the skill to rain.
    Quote from Snowbrew

So basically does this mean the CE dyes are free "Pale" and "Rogue" dyes (those that acquirable by anyone) that are infinite? Since on the main site they're also stated to be beige and dark gray? If so, that's not really what I deem 'exclusive'.

No, they've said time and time again, that the dyes are exclusive.
    The dye colors are exclusive to the Collector's Edition.

It's still on the front page.
    Quote from Ruppgu

Some people like the Blizzard graphic? hahah yeah... maybe the guy that designed it and possibly his mother... but she's lying.

Seriously, they should rename the skill to rain.

I agree with this. Looks like water to me.

If this is suppose to be ice, at least make the ice shatter into pieces when it hits enemy/ground. You want to go the lazy route than at least copy D2 blizzard spell.
    I know, it´s not a big deal, but you sort of hoped for some cool effects on a high level spell like blizzard. To be honest, this is the only spell that looks like crap. Every other skills looks great.
    Quote from Zic

Quote from Snowbrew

So basically does this mean the CE dyes are free "Pale" and "Rogue" dyes (those that acquirable by anyone) that are infinite? Since on the main site they're also stated to be beige and dark gray? If so, that's not really what I deem 'exclusive'.

The dyes are exclusive yes, but I'm referring to the actual colors they represent since on the blizzard database it says both Bottled Cloud and Pale are beige.
    Quote from maka

Two highlights from this:

The issue here is a symptom of our internal measurement (feet) not translating directly to yards, and as only the US uses feet as a measurement we opt to show a measurement the majority of the world understands.
    So, 'feet' isn't used around the world (true), but 'yard' is? Come on :P

Q. Will the AH be a part of the game world (find an auctioneer in the city to do it) or is it staying in the game menu?
    We think it’d be cool, but no it’s only within the Battle.net menu.

They think it'd be cool but didn't implement it? How hard could it be? These types of answers annoy me.

All in all, good interview.

Maybe they like the idea of having the AH in the character screen more then actually in the game... or they genuinely didn't think of doing it, which I doubt. Who knows :S ?
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    added new skill videos
    WD has some pretty nice looking skills! On the other hand, Sentry just looks pitiful. Looks like it would fall apart if one of those demons sneezed on it.
    Fetish and confuse from wich doctor seems very nice. About explosive blast, i guess i will put it now on blizzard spell category, as poor!
    Quote from Snowbrew

Quote from Zic

Quote from Snowbrew

The dyes are exclusive yes, but I'm referring to the actual colors they represent since on the blizzard database it says both Bottled Cloud and Pale are beige.

Reread the quote. It says explicitly that the dye COLORS are exclusive.
    High-quality images from the GDC presentation? More images for DiabloWiki! d-(^_^ )z

After seeing the videos for Meteor and Blizzard for myself, I agree; they're both rather lackluster.
    I knew it!!! Diablo is a super model... yay
    Sex, Drugs, & Rock n' Roll
    Wait a minute... @ the Monk update.

Hundred fists is now a spirit generator?
    and tempest rush got a little bit better?

Success!
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    Loving the look of the areas of those videos and also the sounds are amazing especially when those things die in the wall of zombies video. I think I may have just changed from Wizard to WD for my first playthrough
    I really don't want to be that guy, but I have to say that the art seems more like concept art for the return of the Burning Legion in WarCraft IV.

Diablo and WarCraft have always had their own art motifs, and Diablo III is filled with the latter because, of course, its artists are Blizzard Irvine folks rather than Blizzard North folks. Mainly it's the shoulders, internal luminescence, and general form and stance of the monsters, but also so much more than that. Shows through in-game in the beta, too.

‘I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL WE ALL HAVE AIDS!’The importance of calling them ‘mercenaries.’
    Nice Q&A article.

And the art is great! :D

About AH: on the italian official forums there is this blue: http://eu.battle.net...ic/3553606963#9

Official Blizzard Quote:

Having to exit the game to check the auction house allows you to have no pressure when you buy or sell an item.
    If the auction house was in the game, in a multiplayer game you could be rushed because the other players have already started to kill monsters while you are left behind because you had to check the auction.
    Under this "pressure" maybe you could make a hasty or impulsive purchase, without carefully evaluating whether the object is really useful or not, or you may make mistakes in typing the price of an item that you wanted to sell.
    If in the gold auction house that could be a problem, you can understand how buying or selling something in the real money auction house may become unpleasant.
    Checking the auction house outside of a game allows you to not have this kind of pressure.
    You can take all the time you want to see the prices or the statistics of an object while minimizing the possibility of making mistakes due to haste or pressure from other players who are waiting for you.

edit: translated by me, feel free to check it by any other means ;)
    Quote from Drol

"Q. In Hardcore Mode, will players receive damage from collapsing/destroyed walls and/or parts of the décor (as it is not the case in Normal Mode)?"
    What a stupid question... Hardcore is in the beta. Just try or ask someone to.

You think these questions are dumb, you should see how painful it is to listen to the Q&A at Blizzcon where there is zero pre-screening.
    Q. Will the Collector’s Edition dyes have any sort of "particle effect" on the items, or are they simply dying them with a unique color?
    No they don’t have particle effects. For now they can technically only be single color gradients.

This really doesn't bother me. I mean, yeah it's slightly disappointing and the descriptions a bit misleading, but to be fair, when I have glowing angel wings coming out of my back, particles flying everywhere from spells and abilities, glowing weapons, all of this in the middle of tons of monsters, I highly doubt I'll miss having extra particles on my armor.

Q. As a follow up to that, can items dyed with Collector’s Edition dyes be placed on both auction houses?

Absolutely, but the dye color is removed. Dyes are not removed if an item is dropped/traded, though.

Something tells me this isn't entirely accurate. I highly highly doubt Blizzard will allow people without the CE activated on their account to obtain armor dyed with the exclusive CE dyes. Let's face it, Blizzard isn't in the habit of letting just everyone get their hands on exclusive CE content. It's just a hunch, but I think whoever was answering the questions misunderstood what was being asked and the answer provided only applies to standard dyes.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    Its confusing people by telling them the items/colors are exclusive when their site contradicts what they say on the forums.

zomg they're the same b-but you guys said this in the past

if that's true why doesn't your own site reflect that?
    Its not confusing when they have also told us those items/colors are placeholders ^_~

I just wish black was a CE only color =(
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes