Class Spotlight - The Monk

I like the vid it was as good as others. Just because there was no new BOSS showing in te vid doesnt mean monk is worse :P
    !! Die Maggot !!
    Oh my ... my favorite champion

1) IGN launched Tristam music to make it more awesome ? - for me it is more pathetic
    2) IGn showed what is available what we already seen on the batlenet on skills chart of a monk ? - this is another failure

Sorry but ..... I expected more. And probably not only me. Since this is a new champion ... no history about roots monastery ?.... no history where he came? . what his duty? ... " he will die for god" woooooww..... Lets go die ~! hahaha ... * frame smile... * Go screw Yourself - if You read this... sorry but emm did they stop paying You ? or what ? I'm rly worried about wd and wizzard ...
    Seems like the monk will be my 2nd char, even maybe HC one. Nice vid indeed!

... The next sentence will be true..
    ...The previous sentence was a lie...
    Looks like an interesting class - Still my 3rd/4th class choice though.

I do wonder about that bit at the end where he's on the fort with all the demons below him though...

And I've always wondered exactly WHO did the "Aaaeeyaaeeyaaaaaaooo!" bit at the end ;)
    -= Reelix =-
    I feel this video is not showing the monk justice. He/she is a lot more awesome than this footage lets you believe.
    I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone. Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be. Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind. Cast down into the Halls of the Blind
    notice how they hide the objectives in these new videos? The demon hunter one was a little ooops, me thinks.
    Dat Artwork B)
    Not as impressive as BARB video , but was decent , somehow i expected to see more combos and skill showcase of slaying like packs of monster etc, old footage i guess if they still have unatuned rune in the inventory. Cant wait for wizard.
    weak vid.. but mostly because the commentary contradicted the scenes.

e.g. "Monk has the ability to destroy heavily plated monsters" - whilst killing three cultists wearing cloth...

waiting for release...
    A bit lackluster, but I honestly don't think any class will have as much "WOW!" factor as the Barb. I think a lot of that has to do with the physics and the barb's ability to send enemies flying in all directions. Perhaps they should have saved barb video for last?

I went into the Beta wanting to be a Witch Doctor. If the first 13 levels are any indication, I'm super disappointed in the WD. I find them very safe, but do the least DPS of all 5 classes. The monk was somewhere in the middle. He felt like a barb clone. My big surprise was Demon Hunter. At least DH have the best skill for opening barrels :) (Rapid Fire)
    Not as exciting as the Barb video, that is for sure. I like how they specifically mention the monk's weapon expertise despite his obvious lack thereof.
    At least DH have the best skill for opening barrels :) (Rapid Fire)

And, at the end of the day, that's all that really matters. ;)

I went into the Beta wanting to be a Witch Doctor. If the first 13 levels are any indication, I'm super disappointed in the WD. I find them very safe, but do the least DPS of all 5 classes.

Um, in the beta, WD has by far, the highest DPS of all the classes with soul harvest. It's not all upfront damage, it's mostly DOTs, so you have to be a little patient that's all.
    They did not do the monk justice in this video.

the Barb had awesome game play, showed him beserk, grapplie people and show a giant ass monster, the monk shows off his lame matras and a bunch of slow ass attacks...which any monk in his right mind would be Dex + Atk speed for later levels...
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

I've been enjoying the Monk in the beta. Any youtube links for this video please?

Edit: Nvm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVPakGBUKEQ
    Quote from Gallows

Bleh, this class is missing the wow factor bigtime. Imo

That is polishing for you. If you rub too long, too hard, you'll wear it down ;)

Apparently they polished the weapons too much. I am wearing a 7ft deadly staff. A group of mobs approaches. Let's put it on my back and hit them bare handed. *sigh*. Won't be playing this guy till they fix that - or maybe a I can import my rogue from wow, a proper melee character.
    I wouldn't be to worried about the video, we all know how badass the class already is... people will know soon enough!
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    What skill/rune is at 2:41? Looks like he is flip kicking and calling down a lightening bolt or collumn of ice at range.
    Quote from snowhammer

What skill/rune is at 2:41? Looks like he is flip kicking and calling down a lightening bolt or collumn of ice at range.

Lashing tail kick runed

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1042-diablos-anniversary-south-korea-rating-lashing-tail-kick-runed/
    1) IGN launched Tristam music to make it more awesome ? - for me it is more pathetic
    2) IGn showed what is available what we already seen on the batlenet on skills chart of a monk ? - this is another failure

What Sarinis said^
    I saw what I've already seen so many times. Putting in Diablo 2 music makes no sense because that music style always represented rogues or the wilderness. NOT monks.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes