The Real Box, More on Inferno, Dyes, Poisons, GDC Panel Video, PAX East Party

Great, great, great video from GDC, watched the whole thing even though I need to go to bed for work.

Explains a lot of things people have complained about like the soft painted look of backgrounds and Diablo's silhouette. Turns out these artists are actually geniuses and are doing what they're doing for design reasons. A gritty high fidelity screenshot might look better, but a soft painted background looks much better in gameplay when you have high contrast high fidelity characters running across it.

It's really amazing how badass that final iteration of Azmodan looks compared to the others. Same for Diablo.
    Yes, I must admit the GDC presentation was impresive, on how much work it actualy goes into creating D3 from art pov. My only dissapointment is that they didn`t touched on Tyrael art - or are they just importing him from D2 ?
    Quote from Pegasus

Yes, I must admit the GDC presentation was impresive, on how much work it actualy goes into creating D3 from art pov. My only dissapointment is that they didn`t touched on Tyrael art - or are they just importing him from D2 ?

The guy only had an hour to talk, so couldnt get everything involved obviously, no doubt tyreal will have a new, unique and awesome model and animations.

The panel was more interesting to watch then i expected, not really an art guy, but it was a nice to see how stuff was build.
    Quote from Pegasus

Yes, I must admit the GDC presentation was impresive, on how much work it actualy goes into creating D3 from art pov. My only dissapointment is that they didn`t touched on Tyrael art - or are they just importing him from D2?

Mayhap this tells us?

@ Lucht : Yea you are right , time is of the essence, always and prolly he was spoiling the plot if he would go into details now that I think of it :o

@Sojourna : Thank you for the lovely pic from cinematics , I realy look forward to see the Heaven act IV with Tyrael
    Quote from Molster

Damn, the screens above look much better to me and a lot like Diablo 2...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes