Patch 15 Unofficial Changes + Official Patch Notes

So they have. I wonder why that version of the Templar needed changing at all; didn't seem like he was overpowered.

He wasn't overpowered, but it was obvious that after he became your follower, his damage went way down. It seemed stupid. He's just more consistent now. I'd like his damage output to be a little higher; but at least he's the same weaponless and with weapons (ie, useless).
    Some nice change in there. Gonna check how it works! :)
    Quote from Benegesserit

hydra has shit vision range...d2 hydra was good because you could deal with flaw by covering the screen with em...higher dmg per shot just increases the chance that the next shot is too much overkill...would rather less dmg more hydras...i definitely want you to be right and me to be wrong though...too bad we dont get to play with it

Well, seeing as we don't actually as you said get to use the hydra in the beta its hard to tell how good of a skill it will actually be. About the vision range I have no idea how it will work out although I'm confident that if its somehow broken that Blizzard (the company and not the skill ;)) will hopefully fix this really quickly.

However seeing how much time they're spending into developing this game I think basically all skills will be viable in some way or another come release. I can see why you think the hydra in D2 was better and not having a limited amount would indeed be quite powerful if not overpowered in this case (if the other stats remained the same) :P

When it comes to overkill I don't think this is much of a concern in Diablo 3. Well it should not be that big of a deal in nightmare and even less so in hell and inferno difficulties. If you look at hydra and how it would play out in the beta and like the first third of Act I in normal mode I suppose it'd not be as great but once it actually takes some time killing monsters in higher difficulties I could see the hydra being quite useful in some or hopefully even most situations :) (here's hoping I'm right about this) :D
    Quote from Sabvre

Quote from falcompsx

Quote from Esmeriana

what is a "IGR player" ?

I would like to know this as well...adding "playtime" sounds like a subscription to me...no like.

Remember how they said certain regions would be given a subscription base system rather than paying for the game in its entirety?

My guess is this is for all the third world gamers out there that have to use Internet cafes to play.

Someone on incgamers said it is short for Internet Gaming Room
    Quote from Apoc

Quote from Sojourna

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

General
    • The costs of the first and second Shared Stash tabs have been increased
      • First tab cost increased from 50,000 gold to 100,000 gold
      • Second tab cost increased from 150,000 gold to 200,000 gold
    Monsters
    • The monster affix "Thorns" has been renamed to "Reflects Damage"
    • Jondar Poison damage has been increased

[...] As for the monster affix, it's just talking about the display under a mob's health bar, right? Not the item affix?

I wondered about this too. I do not recall any monster affix called "Thorns". I don't even think there are any hidden abilities that monsters have to reflect damage. I hope that means it's a new affix we'll see in this patch.

Well guys, this statement is clear and obvious. All they did is RENAME affix from "thorns" to "reflects damage" on MONSTERS (aka info what kind of affix that mob is). Items have nothing to do with this. You might have not seen any mob with this affix because they are just not available in the beta(but exists somewhere) and theres probably maaaany more affixes we never heard about that awaits us in retail version.
    I stand alone... and if they keep coming, I will never stop killing!
    Would it be possible putting those long threads in appropriated spoiler boxes so that I don't get a finger cramp scrolling down the main page? :P
    lol is this maintenance 20 hours alrdy wtf ??
    :Thumbs Up: nice
    whats nice 20+ hours of maintenance ?
    Ye I want my money back.
    Quote from Newpower

whats nice 20+ hours of maintenance ?

Everybody loves a good day wasted in waiting for nothing...
    wow awesome. patch 15 permanantly crashed the servers. sign of delay*
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Yeah this Patch is taking way to long. Ah well, I guess on to better things.
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Yeah, the servers caught the digital version of the flu. :P
    Quote from Sojourna

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Yeah, the servers caught the digital version of the flu. :P

i bet they arent even working on it over the weekend. there like "shit its gonna take awhile to fix, lets just go home, start again monday, beta is beta"
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    I think they re-formatted the only hard drive with a working copy of diablo on it.
    It just makes me worried about live servers ... the patch team seems a little shaky. But maybe that's the way they treat beta. Who's betting on midnight connection issues on launch ;)
    The launch of their last two patches (at least) have been debacles. Not a good indication, when launch is (relatively) close.
    maybe the hamster died?
    I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone. Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be. Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind. Cast down into the Halls of the Blind
    :lol: Pretty funny thread going on over at the official forum: Black maintenance bars our way
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes