Server Maintenance - Beta Patch 15 Tomorrow

Update - There will be a character Wipe!

Diablo 3 Release Date: May 15th 2012

Character Wipe In Patch 15 Tomorrow
    It looks like a character wipe will be needed after all.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Quick update: Due to some additional fixes going into beta patch 15, we will indeed be performing a character wipe. Please note that this wipe will also affect gold, items, achievements, auctions, followers, and artisans.

Server Maintenance - Beta Patch 15 Tomorrow
    It looks like the release date was not the only good news, tomorrow we should be seeing a new beta patch hit servers!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

We will bringing the Diablo III test servers down for maintenance at approximately 10:00 a.m. PST tomorrow morning for database updates and to launch the next beta patch. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude at approximately 10:00 p.m. PST on Friday, March 16.

While we are not planning to wipe characters with this patch, we will be resetting all auctions on both the gold and currency-based auction houses. If any changes are made during maintenance that may require a character wipe, we'll be sure to provide an update in this thread.

Thank you for your patience! As always, patch notes will be posted here once the patch is live.
    Any knowledge about a second BETA wave for Europe?
    Another patch so soon? I bet it's because of the "Beyond the Gate" exploit. :P
    edit: read post below me, (as far as we know, right now no confirmation, but the poster below me says some people are getting in)
    I got in today via opt in, others got in today aswell on EU d3 forums. So I would asume there was a wave going out today obviously.
    Quote from Kikoulawl
    I got in today via opt in, others got in today aswell on EU d3 forums. So I would asume there was a wave going out today obviously.

oh this is good info, we'll wait for a blue then update if it is a big wave

edit: im not seeing many confirmations at all just yet.
    This patch is really needed, the AH is so broken right now. Expired offers are still there, Items costing 0 gold, search functions not working properly (never did).
    Can't join a public game - error message or no game at all. And, could be my problem though, I'm having much more latency now.
    Hope they fix whatever they can.
    Getting patch 15 so quickly after patch 14 leads me to believe there will be no major changes to the game. Probably some small glitches, fixes, and the like. They are not wiping yet again, so yeah ... I'm not expecting anything major to be touched.

Lv01 Witch Doctor --> 11:30am EST - May 15, 2012
    Lv60 Witch Doctor --> 12:52pm EST - May 22, 2012
    Quote from Xhawk

Getting patch 15 so quickly after patch 14 leads me to believe there will be no major changes to the game. Probably some small glitches, fixes, and the like. They are not wiping yet again, so yeah ... I'm not expecting anything major to be touched.

Most likely, yes. Personally, I'm holding on to the faint hope that the Skill UI gets another change. :beg:
    Game released on the 15th ... then Patch 15 arrives. Fun coincidence :)
    It has been said... that in the end of all things... we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world... and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind... the people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death... for I've seen what the darkness hides!
    ... I don't think it's safe here.
    Hoping for Pink Chain Lightning in D3!
    12 hour down time =/. Why does that convince me there will be more than some small AH fixes >.>
    I will never get into the beta :( oh well lucky me the game is coming so soon.
    12 hour downtime suggests some big patching,
    Quote from lorien1973

12 hour downtime suggests some big patching,

Isn't it ALWAYS like 8-12h with blizzard during their maintenance?
    hm ye it looks like could be a big one since 12 hours downtime and its 15 not just 14 bug fixes and stuff
    Quote from Alcovitch

Isn't it ALWAYS like 8-12h with blizzard during their maintenance?

Not at all. During the beta, it has been. Because of patch updates that have almost always been substantial changes.

WoW downtime is like 3-4 hours or so when there's no changes. When there is a patch rolling out, it can be 7-8 hours.
    to be fair, it does always END UP being 12 hours :hehe:
    Quote from Molster

hehe ye but this could end up 14 or even more
    Quote from Molster

It's funny cuz it's true. I don't play wow anymore, but I always thought it was weird how often they'd get unexpected problems during regular maintenance. You'd think the company would have a bit more control over their servers.
    CHA-CHA-CHARACTER WIPE
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes