Beyond the Gate Roundup and Blue Posts

When I first heard about this, I thought it was pretty cool that someone managed to find a glitch/bug within the game that let them get past the gate. However, I now believe that the only way to access these areas is with 3rd party tools (ie: hacks) to glitch the game out for you in order to make it to these areas.

This video does not explain or demonstrate how the exploit works, but it does show you a guy on the map using the exploit to get to the new areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoR-BvogM0&list=UUBrMdno_HthkogJrUrRI4Og&index=1&feature=plcp

You see him teleporting from one area of the map to others. You see him outside the perimeter of the map itself in areas that should be blank space. This is obviously the work of a 3rd party program and I for one am disheartened to see that people are already able to use 'TP hacks' on the official battle.net servers, even if it's only beta.

Basically, to me this demonstrates that people will be able to pull this kind of crap off once the game goes live as well. It may not be immediately, but eventually. If they can pull this off, what else will they be able to do or pull off? Diablo 2 is a game riddled with botters, spammers and hackers (ie: maphacks, etc). I don't want that junk in D3 and I was a firm believer that Blizzard could make that happen until now.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    The game looks hard considering it's still beginning level.
    I mean seeing some of the damage spikes in early act1 of normal, just think how it's going to be in Inferno lol
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Few days ago ,I joined a random public game ,and when I checked banners ,everyone was in the fields of misery ,so I had to join them,lol. Unfortunately, they already cleared everything , so I just explored the area, it looks really awesome. And about people who say that it will spoil the experience, I don't really agree, that's just 3 more waypoints , I'm pretty sure there are more waypoints and areas in act one ,and of course ,there's much more to be seen in the game ,so we will still see a lot more when the game gets released ,and couple of more waypoints just adds a taste to beta. : D
    I see markers on map for every nest so this is just a skyrim ripoff with quest markers for every quest, nice.. i love games who think i`m utterly stupid.
    Quote from Burzghash

Regardless, there's no good reason for forcing permanence on people..
    How come in all of those videos not a single rare item dropped? I hope the game isnt as poor as it looks, everything else is amazing though.
    Quote from Crysto37

I see markers on map for every nest so this is just a skyrim ripoff with quest markers for every quest, nice.. i love games who think i`m utterly stupid.

Do you also love People who think you're stupid?!?
    I still wonder how difficult will inferno be. I think it should be so hard that you actually have to farm for weeks before you have the adequate gear to stay alive there. At least I hope that will be the case, cuz unless, the endgame will predictably be a cakewalk.
    Quote from Crysto37

..correct me if im wrong, but i think here is an option at the menu to disable the quest markers...
    Quote from Netherlag

I still wonder how difficult will inferno be. I think it should be so hard that you actually have to farm for weeks before you have the adequate gear to stay alive there. At least I hope that will be the case, cuz unless, the endgame will predictably be a cakewalk.

Well, they said you'd have to farm late hell for a while before starting inferno. So that seems to be the case. I think if you went in with a full damage reduction set up, you'd do okay as long as you didn't stand in stuff or pull too many mobs at once.
    Looks like the odds of hardcore getting RMAH access is better than 50-50. Polls up on US and EU forums now. I'd say that eventually hardcore will get RMAH access. It's a matter of when, not if.
    JMO, but the lore narration seems really horrible. Complete overkill, with a borderline-offensive goofball accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCmqz92hd8
    Quote from Vagelis4VP

Quote from Crysto37

..correct me if im wrong, but i think here is an option at the menu to disable the quest markers...

So i have to imagine the game is hard, i might just play the whole game with 1 hand to actually enjoy it
    Quote from Burzghash

Regardless, there's no good reason for forcing permanence on people..
    Nice videos, liked The Family of Rathle :Thumbs Up:
    The music and atmosphere remind me of the original game.
    Quote from Apoc

Quote from lorien1973

Weird. It wasn't on the list of affixes on the bestiary page. Man, I wish I had the beta when the molten/etc affixes were in. Would make things a ton more interesting.

I removed it from the list, but I kept the old page around in case they bring it back.

Actually, it sounds like Illusionist is still in the game.. and quite deadly if you think about it: https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/179738567180955648
    Come and help our Diablowiki grow! Here's how you can contribute
    I wonder how much of the rest of Act I is this "over the gate" stuff.
    Has Blizzard said anything about this content that it slipped up in the beta unintended ?
    Quote from Donsta

The music and atmosphere remind me of the original game.

Diablo 1 Caves theme still beats them all.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes