Beta Key Contests, Updated Calculator, Where's Release?, Blue Posts

Ouch, comparing Diablo III to The Village? Doesn't look to promising :P

On a serious note, i love how it feels like they are "wrapping it up". Really getting those keys out there, feels like there is a big 100k release happening in Europe soon, guessing late next week. I think my guess about June 8 isn't so bad, but would love a few weeks before that :)
    yall know you can subscribe for sms alerts when diablofans posts to facebook?

Also I wouldn't call the guild wars 2 press weekend "exclusive". Being that tons of "press" people got to play it. BFF guy is gonna let loose the videos!
    What a wonderful smell you've discovered!
    I got lucky on dota 2 and won a beta key just 2 days after posting on a thread for random keys. I wish i could trade my luck and win one for diablo, this would be way more epic. well, at least after 3 years of waiting, what's a couple of monts more. See you guys in the realm when the time comes.
    Quote from Arcane22x

Somehow i always miss GiveAway question because of work . Its 20m-2h miss always :/ - and cant realy sit in facebook at work , well i guess beta just aint for me , sad face.

Don't feel bad - There are normally 200+ comments in the first 30 seconds. If you miss it by 5 seconds, you've lost :P
    -= Reelix =-
    Hope my luck could change, Feel excited.
    Its hard to win a key from FB and Twitter,there are always 100 comments in the first 2 secs :QQ:
    People need to stop worrying about the Blizzard boys meeting expectations
    Diablo 1 and 2 both had their fair share of rage-quit moments but are by far the best
    RPG games of their time. They've done it before and they will undoubtedly do it again-we will learn
    to live with the awkwardness and will love everything else!
    Don't worry people, Blizzard always come through in the end...eventually
    Quote from Niflore

Its hard to win a key from FB and Twitter,there are always 100 comments in the first 2 secs :QQ:

Yeah the facebook contest is too tricky for me, too.
    But I´m sticking to post something here and there...
    There are other Diablo fansites, who have Beta-Key-contests going on.
    For one website I wrote a little poem site ^^
    Quote from CmWinchester

Quote from Rakuun72

ok. where is my beta key?

Just be patience dude and enjoy the contest. :)

You put too much credit in the "fun" of this contest. I've managed to play through a friend of mine and my biggest pet pev is that this beta is SO short there is very little reason to keep it closed.

Reason 1: Built the hype, don't let people in, ???, profit. Just like Chris said, expect "the signs" and you'll be really happy.
    Reason 2: Cost of bandwidth. I guess limiting the amount of time an ip can stay connected to the server is technology yet invented.
    Reason 3: Server overload. If the server can only take so much stress, they can put a queue in place.

If they put a queue in place and limited the total time an account could connect to the game, then the whole world would be able to see and test the game. My guess is reason number 1, but it's a guess. However we do know they can put a queue up for login and as for the time limit. Let me reference the current state of Diablo 2 where as a retail game which I have paid for, is limiting me my games per hour as a counter-measure to botting back during 1.11. Coming up on a decade near release, also a guess, but I know I'm close.
    Where/how do I add my beta key to my account?

Just got it from this site through forum contest.
    Quote from MTness1306

Diablo 1 and 2 both had their fair share of rage-quit moments but are by far the best
    RPG games of their time.

I understand that this is a diablo forum, and thus it is subjected to heavy bias, but I still wish people would stop making stuff like that up. Diablo, and diablo 2, was indeed the best Hack n' slash or Action RPG of their time, but they were far from the greatest RPGs. Its hard to win in the RolePlaying Game category with a game with so little actual roleplaying, dialouge, player driven story or story influencing choices.

I think it is nice that they are trying to bring down the over-hyped people a bit, but I still get worried.
    Quote from Broodje

About the whole blue concerning expectations, it's only normal that they have to temper everybody's expectations.

Quote from DarkSzero

That blue post is perfect. High expectations is bad.

Quote from FreddyBenson

this is what mike said at the share holders meeting, pay attention to the last sentence

Diablo III

I mentioned earlier that we began beta testing for Diablo III last year. After receiving feedback from the community and our internal teams, we’ve implemented changes to the game, which we believe will greatly improve the game experience and ensure that the final release will live up to our high expectations.

Notice how I quoted the confrence call and made the one sentence bold? Should we have high expectations? YES. If we aren't to have high expectations, then why are we waiting on a game that they won't release until perfect due to high expectations?
    Quote from Milkpirate

I think the best way to wait for D3 is not to think too much about it. I was obsessing for a while over every little juicy detail, but I think we're at a place where there's not gonna be a whole lot more information before release. Here's to hoping for a first half of 2012 release though!!

*cheers!*

Definitely, I need to go live in a hole for awhile
    I believe the guys at Blizzard want to lower our expectations so we can be blown away by the result! It's hard not to think all the time about something you have waited for for so long. Hell! I'm 31 and I feel like a little boy on the Christmass eve!
    They told us that JW will post an article in the comming weeks, and that was true- so let's hope they come up with a RD soon too!
    Its completely impossible to win on the facebook contest. The guys who write the first 100 comments are insanely fast and knows exactly everything about Diablo. I thought I knew alot, but when they question about the Leorics two brothers, I didnt even know he had two. Only knew about Albrecht. Many of us here are clearly outmatched by the pros.
    Quote from FreddyBenson

this is what mike said at the share holders meeting, pay attention to the last sentence

Diablo III

I mentioned earlier that we began beta testing for Diablo III last year. After receiving feedback from the community and our internal teams, we’ve implemented changes to the game, which we believe will greatly improve the game experience and ensure that the final release will live up to our high expectations.
    We have also been testing the auction house functionality. This testing will help ensure a smooth rollout of this feature with the retail launch so our players can safely and securely trade items with each other. Given the popularity of the Action/RPG genre and the keen interest in Diablo III, we expect this launch to be a big opportunity for Blizzard. We can also confirm that we are targeting a Q2 launch for Diablo III. We expect to announce more details about the release schedule in the coming weeks.

now we shall see if they stick with the"coming weeks" part

Q2 lauch date? I hope this will happen because we all waited long enough to play again a Diablo game. I remember myself playing cow level with a friends in LAN, waiting to get some new itens to kill Diablo, again.
    how much longer must we wait for the facebook/twitter giveaways? its passed 24 hrs and i personaly am waiting for 9 already.
    Can't wait for The character build contest!
    I allready made one for each class and cant wait to share them with you all!
    Cheers.
    Quote from Arcane22x

Somehow i always miss GiveAway question because of work . Its 20m-2h miss always :/ - and cant realy sit in facebook at work , well i guess beta just aint for me , sad face.
    I feel ya man

Over the last couple of years, I've gotten to know several other hardcore Hardcore players, if you know what I mean.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes