Message from Jay, Skill Runes and Choices, Changes, Login Issues, EU PayPal, Item Customization

Awwww, HELL YEAH!
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head!
    While I like the changes somewhat and see the reason in them it me that they don't want to allow you to choose the unlock yourself. I personally think its a major flaw that some runes are restricted to higher levels and difficulity, since it wont allow you to play around as much when leveling (no wierd builds) and due to the fact that it dont make sence that the higher level runes arent more powerfull (which also souls be a flaw if they did).
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Alcovitch

lol my question and answer from Bashiok made the front page :P

so are you still going to troll the forums with your "there is no rune system anymore *rage*!"

Lol speaking of trolls...
    Quote from Alcovitch

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Alcovitch

so are you still going to troll the forums with your "there is no rune system anymore *rage*!"

everyone knows ima troll. but im awesome. where as your annoying ass repeating yourself ten thousand times about the same shit is retarded. at least whine about something new, change it up dude. <3 /hugsies
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    So he said * in the near future * just to soften the situation or did it really happen?
    Best news in a long time. God I love Jay
    you can seriously expect a launch-date announcement from us in the near future. See, I didn’t say “soon,” so I’m not taunting you. ;) You’ll know as soon as I know for sure the exact date.

Haha i lolled XD Well played Blizard <3
    lol, I guess Bashiok got some trouble for his comment that the blizzard staff is worried ^^

I really like that Jay Wilson Commentary, feels like an announcement is coming fast.
    I think is the first time i can`t even read what Bashiok derps around about how cool is the new skill system and how stupid was back in D2, now the game is big joke to all real gamers.

I stopped reading when he said D2 had no choices at all.. i mean WTF is wrong with them !!!

In my opinion Jay has no fucking idea what is Diablo games all about he should go back doing retarded RTS games who no one plays
    Quote from Burzghash

Regardless, there's no good reason for forcing permanence on people..
    This is f00cking great news!
    Quote from Crysto37

In my opinion Jay has no fucking idea what is Diablo games all about he should go back doing retarded RTS games who no one plays

Hi, I am no one and I play Warcraft 2/3 and Starcraft BW/2................

About the skill system. I like the new system overall the only problems I have are the looks of the UI, especially when in elective mode the whole UI feels out of place somehow.

Also I dislike the way I feel forced to use an older skill I wouldnt use normally but I have to because I just unlocked an awesome new rune for and therefore it is superior to my later skill which I got no runes for yet.
    For example I feel that Magic Missile for the Wizard feels stronger than the other primary spells due to the runes unlocked in the beta and I force myself to use that spell.
    It is ofc possible to forget all about that and just level on using the skills I wants to but I know the thoughts of it will annoy me.

All in all great news from Jay and some nice posts by Bash.
    Am I the only one who didn't see any "sarcasm" in Bashiok's original post?
    Quote from Xerawolf

Quote from Crysto37

Hi, I am no one and I play Warcraft 2/3 and Starcraft BW/2................

He joined Blizzard in 2007 try again.
    Quote from Burzghash

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Alcovitch

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Alcovitch

everyone knows ima troll. but im awesome. where as your annoying ass repeating yourself ten thousand times about the same shit is retarded. at least whine about something new, change it up dude. <3 /hugsies

You sound like Cartman from South Park, and thats not bad thing. :D

Blizzard building hype. if that isn´t sign of release date then what is!?! fu*k yeah!!!
    I hope that when they announce release date, they also do some massive beta invite wave. Like a tsunami or sumting.
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Alcovitch

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Alcovitch

You sound like Cartman from South Park, and thats not bad thing. :D

Blizzard building hype. if that isn´t sign of release date then what is!?! fu*k yeah!!!
    I hope that when they announce release date, they also do some massive beta invite wave. Like a tsunami or sumting.

EDIT: And where is that Molster? I bet he knows something we dont, but cant tell us :(
    Am I the only one who didn't see any "sarcasm" in Bashiok's original post?

yeah, felt the same way. it's just damage control by jay imho
    Bashiol: "We all subscribed to the idea that in an RPG you build a character, there's an investment in those choices, and that makes the game fun. We do not believe that to be true for these two games any longer, it may make total sense for another game, but for ours it does not."

Why? Just because?
    I.. I refuse to believe these! Lies... ALL LIES!!
    D3 is just another fail D2 clone, thanks Blizzard for assuring me that your game will totally suck this way i don`t have to spend 60$ in vain.
    Quote from Burzghash

Did you really just ask if Jay's post was a sign of release? He says they'll be announcing the release date in the near future! OF COURSE IT'S A SIGN OF RELEASE!..... *ahem* Got a little excited there.

I haven't got the beta, but from what I've seen it looks like Blizzard has done a great job with skill balancing and making multiple builds viable. Someone mentioned earlier about how runes "overpower" any ability, this is true, but think about it - you unlock every skill before you even get to hell (possibly by mid NM, I cba looking it all up), you only need the abilities in their basic form to progress. That's the difficulty curve and if blizzard get it right (and I have every confidence they will) then it should provide a fantastic gameplay experience and when you earn a rune for a given skill it will feel like you earned it! This should keep things exciting all the way to Inferno.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes