Beta Auction House Changes Incoming

Quote from bozocv

I think this will be last BETA patcha that will introduce system changes. Thats the reason why they let so many people into beta at time point of a time.

You may be right, I hope the game is released soon. And I want a beta key as well. =P

Good luck Diablo!
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Quote from Alowan

Quote from antioch18

Quote from DDodds

Working through the weekend...that means over time being paid. Which implies being on the clock to meet a deadline. This is the more impressive news than the AH changes. Although they sound good too. Id rather hear how blizz is busting ass to get their s together for launch. And that is what they are saying.

Salaried workers don't get overtime - they're required to work as long as is needed to get their deliverable finished. (And on the flip side can work less than 40hr/s a week and make the same amount of money if they finish early)

If that is the case it must suck to work at Blizzard ;)

I am almost sure that their development and testing teams are not salaried. Can u imagine a development team being salaried... Either way when a salaried member of management has OT to put in, it is always because they are on a time schedule and meeting a deadline.
    Quote from Simpy7

Quote from onimaru

1.25$ in retail version of AH is to high imho. I think that lots of items will cost aroud 10$ and1/10 of price in a fee is madness. Blizz is starting to be realy gready .

First of all it's only BB not $ so we have no idea what they will have for the actual RMAH. Secondly the transaction fee is only when I send my b.net balance to Paypal, right? Not for every sold auction?

If I understand this correctly it means that as long as you use the b.net balance for buying stuff on RMAH or in the Blizzard store you won't be charged any extra fees. If that is true it would be really awesome and Blizzard would not be looking so greedy, plus it would only punish "greedy" people who wants to cash out money to the real world ;)

As for the listings quality is always better than quantity. Now I will price my things so they sell fast so I can put up additional auctions, instead of just putting up hundreds of auctions and be happy if I sell one of them. (or as I did in WoW put up 2 000 auctions and was happy if at least 10 sold)

This system seems awesome - rewards active players, stops flooding and makes stupid prices ineffective !

I believe the 'transaction fee' is applied when you sell an item. That's why the 'minimum price' is slightly higher than the 'transaction fee' (if it wasn't, you'd lose money on the deal). So if you sell an item for $10, you only get $8.75.

But people in the beta probably know more than I do.
    Hey guys, just datamined the latest patch and found new rune icons :)
    http://horadric.ru/patch-13-uzhe-na-serverah-no-ne-dlya-nas-t1878.html
    I know it's early and the info is still changing, but i highly doubt i will use the RMAH. I'm a little put off by the whole idea actually. Was the purchasing of items that bad at the height of D2? I certainty don't remember it being an issue. Or is this simply a way for Bilzz to make some cash (you know....for server costs and whatnot)?
    Quote from theecheshirekat

I know it's early and the info is still changing, but i highly doubt i will use the RMAH. I'm a little put off by the whole idea actually. Was the purchasing of items that bad at the height of D2? I certainty don't remember it being an issue. Or is this simply a way for Bilzz to make some cash (you know....for server costs and whatnot)?

Oh, certainly for money. But they also believe that it will prove to be a much better and (safer) service to their customers compared to the "item for RL money" experience of D2 where you basically were left to fend for yourself.
    I think, that this auction house is a great idea, but it will cause a lot of trouble to players and to blizzard too. I think it will be subject of often abuse by some opportunists. I won't be posting items for money, but if there is a free posting of items once in a while I guess I'll take my chances :) Though I don't think I'll be buying anything cause it sould be pointless to play the game since one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to this is free legendary items from tough bosses and not byuing items in an auction hous without evene playing....
    Thats our new chat lobby? that tiny horrible window in the bottom right hand corner? what happened to the big window where we can all line up? check each others characters out? im seriously not impressed
    I just won a Beta key, Don't give up hope!

Im a bit confused with this auction house and how its going to function, with both a ingame currency and a real money option. does that meenthat players have the option to earn RT money in the game, or just that you have the option to buy currency and use them on the auction house for buying stuff, in that case, why does blizzard state that you have 2 options when auctioning items? What is the point and how does it work? are we going to be able to transfer money to our bank account, and if not, why should one auction it off for RL money? i hope i made some sort of sence, just got confused after reading on the official diablo 3 site...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes