Bashiok Answers Questions, Known Achievement Issues

I'm actually glad that there are a lot more items than those showed on the site. Quite sad for the ultra setting, actually.
    ..very nice info..thanks!!!
    Reading all this gave me the impresion that we are close.
    yes, it s a good sign that we can expect a release date announcment...i hope this month..

and yes, to those who follow D3 development up close, the answers are nothing new or unexpected... but i believe the majority or people dont follow up close the updates, (as we can see from the questions asked) so its not bad at all this re-cap.!! :)
    What is the EU-Beta? I'm from the EU and playing it... O_O
    Quote from Foensh

What is the EU-Beta? I'm from the EU and playing it... O_O

There's only one beta, one client and one server to play it on. The community over at the official forums have all sorts of issues when it comes to reading comprehension etc which is the only reason why talk about "EU-Beta" existed in the first place. It really just means opt ins and/or keys handed out to EU residents, that's all.
    walk softly, and carry a big gun
    There is a lot answers to our questions but we could trade all of them for an answers to just one question: "When it will be released? "
    But no, Blizzard repeat its mantra : soonsooonsoooon :)
    More items is the best update ive heard since announcment of diablo3.
    Quote from Puttah

Seriously, some of the questions these people ask...

Oh hey there guy, I haven't paid any attention to Diablo's progress for the passed year now, care to fill me in on what's changed?
    Go fucking read the news on it, sheesh...

Honestly, it's like your exams are nearing, and you decide to go up to the professor to ask him to start explaining everything to you from the beginning.

I haven't been following any of the news on D3. You got a problem with that? And you wanna know why? Cause as some have already said here, there is little to be said anymore. Any why follow the news that closely when it's just more of being jerked around and them scrapping this, revising that, adding some of this. Get real.

And it's nothing like going up to your professor at the last minute and asking him to explain everything to you from the beginning. I'm all for useless analogies but yours was just the worst.

Anyway...

No offline play. This really makes my urine cloudy, but I guess that's the reality of most games now. You just gotta be online to play them all. Even if I wanted to play single player all the way through, gotta do it online now...

As far as now ultra setting on the graphics, to be honest I think the graphics look pretty good. Maybe just a tad dated and still some things seem to glow a bit more than they should, but I think things look rather nice. I'm just more concerned at how well it plays. And I've had fun in the beta so far for the most part.

Everything else about this game...I can't tell if it's just that I've outgrown the Diablo franchise or if there's truly nothing remarkable about it for me anymore, or maybe it's just all these things. All the excessive marketing for this game has really turned me off. And all the Jay Wilson and Bashiok interviews have made me kind of hate these guys. I hated watching them defend themselves to the community for every little decision the team made on developing the game. I hated how they just couldn't believe in what they were doing and felt they had to engage with the public over every stage of development instead of just making their game and having more confidence. Then at the other extreme they had so much confidence that it simply became conceit. I think that conceit is what made the game take this long. They had too many unrealistic goals and realized even they couldn't deliver so many of their awesome promises in this game. They've nearly developed some sort of...John Romero complex. Come on Blizz! Make us your bitch!

Most of you probably won't even get that reference. :hehe:
    Quote from Siaynoq
    I haven't been following any of the news on D3. You got a problem with that?

No, I don't really care.
    Quote from Siaynoq
    And you wanna know why?

No

Quote from Siaynoq
    Any why follow the news that closely when it's just more of being jerked around and them scrapping this, revising that, adding some of this. Get real.

I completely understand your position, but what dumbfounds me is that some people that are in fact curious about D3's development, have gone ahead and asked Bashiok about it instead of reading up on it. It just looks embarrassing, and would get flamed to hell if it was at the Blizzcon Q&A or anything of that magnitude.

For example,

How does crafting work?
    It's a bit complex to describe in 140 characters. You already read the artisan section on the website?

Quote from Siaynoq
    And it's nothing like going up to your professor at the last minute and asking him to explain everything to you from the beginning. I'm all for useless analogies but yours was just the worst.

I see a direct comparison whereas you don't, oh well swing and a miss I guess.
    I've read down to release question. Got the standard answer. Discarded the news.
    Like always, Bashing c**k opened his mouth a lot and said hardly anything worth glorifying.
    They changed soon to Still working on it!
    Quote from Burzghash

Regardless, there's no good reason for forcing permanence on people..
    something tells me we will not get release date tomorrow.
    do you guys make jokes about "soon" internally as much as the community does or is it a taboo topic at blizzard.
    It's not taboo, but kind of old so not really funny either. :)

Yeah well the community is tired of hearing "Soon" as well.
    Cool, seems like we might get the game in 2012.

Now some retard will come and say , BUT HEY ,I DON'T MIND WAITING UNTIL 2020 IF THE GAME WILL LOOK PERFECT1"=#!="#=!=??????????????

There is no perfection and once the game comes, there will be numerous fixes,changes,patches,etc, and everybody knows that, I'm kinda tired and sick of that ,soon and we'll still working on the game.
    But since there's nothing I can do ,I'll just wait like everyone else.
    Can I get a release date for the release date?
    I'll start to expect a release date the moment I see the rune system fixed and explained.
    Quote from Roger

I'll start to expect a release date the moment I see the rune system fixed and explained.

Runes, skills, and loads of bug fixes
    I wonder if the beta achievements will carry over to live game. Anyone know anything about this?
    Quote from Keilani_Ksenia

I wonder if the beta achievements will carry over to live game. Anyone know anything about this?

nope. full wipe of everything from beta to release they said
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes