Patch 10 Soon, Article Tomorrow, Twitter Wave #4, Generated AH Items, Sword of Justice #2, Poison Dart

Update: Systems article will not hold a release date. (source)

Beta patch 10 Before Weekend and Character Wipe.
    Looks like we will be seeing the patch before this weekend if all goes well (as early as tomorrow). Keep in mind that all character data will be wiped with this patch.

Official Blizzard Quote:

We're currently in the process of preparing the next beta patch for release and wanted to provide all beta testers with a heads-up that a character wipe will be included. Please note that, as with previous character wipes, this wipe will also affect gold, items, followers, and artisans.

We're hoping to release beta patch 10 before the weekend (potentially as soon as tomorrow evening), but we don't yet have a precise ETA. We'll provide more information as it becomes available, and patch notes will be posted once the patch is live.

Thanks for your continued feedback and testing!

Systems Article Tomorrow
    It looks like we will be getting the Article by Jay at some point tomorrow, we will post it as soon as its up!

Official Blizzard Quote:

Zarhym said last week that in a next couple of weeks that a writeup of what is being worked on would be posted.This week? Comment?
    I don't know what he was talking about. He drinks a lot of cough syrup. (jk it'll be going up tomorrow)

Twitter Beta Wave #4
    Make sure to check your emails today, as the fourth wave of the twitter invites have gone out to the winners!

Official Blizzard Quote:

Round 4 winners have been selected and emails have been sent. Be sure to check your junk mail and spam folders. Grats everyone!

Generated AH Items
    Blizzard has told us in the past they will not be placing items up on the AH and that it will be fully player driven. Bashiok confirmed this once again today.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Gold and other stackable items can be searched for and purchased from multiple people in a single transaction. You can get a better explanation here: http://us.battle.net...opic/3595343777

In short, no, we don't generate any items or gold on the auction house. It's a player driven feature and the items you're buying are from what other players have found and placed on the AH for sale. There can certainly be a situation where you may want to buy 1 million gold and only 850,000 is available in total from all current auctions. You'd be informed of this when presented with a final purchase price.

Any word on whether we will have better search features in final release?
    We do want to have a full search, and not just drop down selectors, but it's a feature that may or may not make it in for the initial release. We think the drop downs do work pretty well right now, especially considering the randomness of the vast majority of items. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Sword of Justice Issue #2 Sneak-Peak
    The second issue of the official Diablo comic is now available for purchase. Click on the image to read the whole page.

The Dreadlands are being corrupted by madness, causing its victims to open their flesh and lash out at friend and foe alike. Jacob, a young fugitive from the city of Staalbreak, may be Sanctuary's only hope to stop this plague before it consumes or destroys mankind. His destiny is bound to a mysterious sword and the woman who watches over it, but his own troubled soul may keep him from embracing its true power in time.

Witch Doctor - Poison Dart Runed
    Today, we would like to showcase the first looks at the Witch Doctors DiabloWiki.com - Poison Dart Poison Dart ability with all five runes. Disclaimer: Please keep in mind some effects or graphics may be missing or not be working correctly!

It would be great if a wave of invites went out soon after the patch.
    Quote from AcidReign

Didn't they say something about this already?

I remember reading something about "many" invites that has yet to be sent.
    Quote from Verity

Quote from AcidReign

Didn't they say something about this already?

I remember reading something about "many" invites that has yet to be sent.

They certainly did! I would think this patch will be fairly significant and they want to test it with more people. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the case. It would be another step towards release.

But the question is, how many more steps are left?

We may never know.
    Hopefully the last patch of beta -_- o.o
    and a release date announcement from Jay, tomorrow [praying] (not really)
    Could be we are nearing the end.. Need to get Rune Details and actual stress testing going.. then I'll be ready to belive the release is close!
    lol..

im sick and tired of these Mother Fxxxx Snakes in this Mother Fxxxx dart gun
    I'm guessing the 3 dart shot each have a chance for proc effects. That will probably be my favorite.
    Hope the graphic of the snake changes. Looks a bit silly at the moment. Like I opened a can of w/e and plush snakes popped out.
    Do the snakes look a little silly? Of course. But come on, how fun would be pwning some newbs in the pvp with silly snakes out of a dart gun?
    That snake dart gave me a good laugh! I hope it stays :))
    Wow those did not look good at all. The triple shot and the snake one didn't even look to come from the dart gun.
    I just don't see myself using the Poison Darts skill that much. Maybe it will grow on me.
    Quote from lorien1973

Wow those did not look good at all. The triple shot and the snake one didn't even look to come from the dart gun.

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind some effects or graphics may be missing or not be working correctly!

I am sure the finished, (actual) product will look much better.
    I used to shoot people in the knee with arrows, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Support my photography. A hobby, but starting to make some money out of it. Brett Delport Photography

Yo, hands down i'll snake someone in the face when this game comes out!, lmao
    I'm from Europe and was hoping the article today morning ;/
    Excited for the new patch and the writeup!

The snake dart skills looks silly but the sound effect with it is also weird, so, awesome!
    I would probably use poison dart with the mana regen rune..
    Quote from AcidReign

I just don't see myself using the Poison Darts skill that much. Maybe it will grow on me.

It is rather decent in beta. One of the few early skills that can be assigned to left-click and long range on it, considering a lot of the early WD skills has rather short range.
    Let's hope to have something interesting which is ALSO good news to talk about tomorrow.

Checked my account, still no beta.

Snakes are silly in a funny way, hopefully the real version is a bit more refined. But as Drachar says it's one long range skill and may prove useful.

Thanks Molster!
    Wonder if there'll be any very significant changes with the patch...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes