Diablo 3 Press Event Visit

AWWW yea!
    Good to see some details out. The room I'm in was dark, but now i can't tell whether it has just been enlightened.. or darkened by knowledge that the apocalypse is nearing; that is the day Diablo 3 comes out.
    Quote from Don_guillotine

Quote from Scottehs

Oh so I can sell a in-game item for a e-balance but why not sell for real money instead and just use that real money for everything that the e-balance can but more?

or did I read what you said wrong?

It will be cheaper to use e-balance, Blizzard will take less of a cut with it. Also, you can't store cash in your account, but only e-balance. So you will have to deposit and take the cash out with a small cut each time if you want to use pure cash. Kinda standard model.

Blizzard themselves aren't really sure how the real money auction house will do financially.

Ya I kind of figured they would take less of a cut which in the end will give you more outcome in your auction but there will have to be a huge cut in real money auctions so that e-balance will actually be worth taking instead.

:monk: /facepalm
    Monk > Wizard > Barbarian > Demon Hunter > Witch Doctor
    Can't believe I'm gonna say this but..

I think the BETA footage looks a little... boring? a little underwhelming compared to what we have seen so far in blizzcon 2010 vids.

Somehow the graphics are not that vibrant, the running looks a little ackward, the skills seems boring at first actually...

i know its probaly just low lvl stuff.. but... theres just something that rubs me the wrong way about this video from beta..

Doesn't at all seem epic or fun.
    Quote from Scottehs

Ya I kind of figured they would take less of a cut which in the end will give you more outcome in your auction but there will have to be a huge cut in real money auctions so that e-balance will actually be worth taking instead.

It all depends. As far as I've understood you can just store the e-balance and convert it into cash by buying items with it, then setting the system to cash-out and selling those items. Unless the choice between e-balance and cash is permanent (which I doubt it is).
    Nice ah system, but to sell characters in them ? Meh im not fund of that.
    Quote from Hpnot1Q

You can't sell characters. Only items.
    AH selling of items with money = GOOD.

1 available purchase of items discourages selling of gold for real cash

2 selling of gold would have been inevitable with creation of AH and this will keep prices down

3 only stupid or obsessed (with exceptions) people would buy it, which means they would probably play to obsessive amounts or buy from dodgy sites eventually.

4 gold will be valuable because people who want to continue playing the game will resell items for gold instead of money should they consider gameplay time more valuable (fun time is priceless)

5... there are lots more reasons but im tired!
    Is there any picture of what the Demon Hunter resource looks like in-game?
    So I can use the E-balance to buy stuff from the Blizzard store or I can sell items and make real money that, in the future, can be completely tangible by me?

I have absolutely no problem with that (if that is how it works).

And I really want to see the lunch video ;)

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence

Quote from Scottehs

It all depends. As far as I've understood you can just store the e-balance and convert it into cash by buying items with it, then setting the system to cash-out and selling those items. Unless the choice between e-balance and cash is permanent (which I doubt it is).

Ahh I see so why not just give an e-balance instead of real world money? It'd be easier for Blizzard to send it to your account than to send it to your paypal or send as a check.

I mean if the e-balance is smooth and I can either use it as real life money and as cash towards the game that would be perfect.
    :monk: /facepalm
    Monk > Wizard > Barbarian > Demon Hunter > Witch Doctor

Quote from Hpnot1Q

You can't sell characters. Only items.

AUCTION HOUSE FUNCTIONALITY

Q: What items can be traded in Diablo III?

A: Nearly everything that drops on the ground, including gold, can be traded with other players directly or through the auction house system. Aside from certain quest items, there will be very few (if any) items that will be “soulbound” to your character and therefore untradable. We are also planning to allow players to buy and sell characters in the auction house at some point in the future and will have more details to share on that at a later date.
    Why do I guys want to pay at all. What's the point in playing? I just don't get it. The whole focus is working on gear and yet they cut that element out by letting u purchase stuff rather than earn it

Thanks Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    You put the thing on the auction house at the bottom so people at least have a few minutes of happiness. Smart
    Wow i don't know if I am going to even play D3 . First i'd like to mention that, while I hate the RMT system, I can live with it even if I will spend no money on items. Then, the part that strikes me the most is when Jay Wilson states that he has no, I MEAN NO, interest in pvp. He stated that he will FIGHT AGAINST it becoming an e-sport. He stated that there will be no rankings. He stated that THERE WILL ONLY BE INFO ON HOW MANY MATCHES YOU WON NOT HOW MANY LOSSES BECAUSE PEOPLE TEND TO CARE MORE ABOUT THEIR WINS HE FELT PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE HAVING A LOT OF LOSSES SO HE WON'T SHOW THAT. Why would he FIGHT AGAINST PVP. The only reason why D2 is still "alive" and some people still play it is because of PvP not to mention the amount of PvP builds that one can try (builds also get drasticly reduced on D3. Then he states that what you gain from runes will be sort of random because he felt people didn't want to know what did every rune do exactly. His disregard for pvp is pathetic. GOD THIS GAME WILL BE WAY TOO CASUAL.

So what are people gonna aspire to. "IM GOING TO GET THE BEST ITEMS IN THE GAME TO..." Basically there's no to ___ part because what you're gonna get better items to slay EASY monsters a bit harder than the next person. Most people will now get items just for the sake of "having better items".

fucking pathetic
    Thanks for informations !! Can't wait any longer :X
    Well... what to say?

How about this game is going to be fucking amazing, excuse my language. I like every change that has been made and all the new implementations that have been made. It seems they have also done a good job of adjusting the lore so it doesn't degrade the diablo 1 and 2 story lines. The new direction that has been taken with the skills and passive abilities is sick.. it opens up for more customization. From the concept art to the beta screen shots and game play video it just looks like it is going to be so epic. It seems by how Sixen described it that the BETA is just a bite sized chunk of act 1 but nevertheless a tasty bite sized chunk indeed!!!

I know that Sixen has already thanked those who made it all this possible from kickin_it to cyberdragon, doomscream, jay wilson, bashiok, force and PR. ryan, but i would like to extend my thanks to those listed (including sixen :D) and all those among the diablo 3 development team! awesome job guys. Your hard work is most appreciated :) BRING ON THE BETA
    I am categorically disappointed with what I've read here. Specifically, the 6-skill 3 trait limitation coupled with the fact that you get ALL SKILLS and they scale with level or gear. It's more auto-stat distribution ideas. What is this, a cell-phone flash game?

And don't even get me started on the real gold AH. The interview with Jay Wilson made the RGAH sound even WORSE than I could have possibly imagined it. He sounded so incredibly smug about it in his responses. I could tell from the way he answered that he is just a shrewd business man.

I'm not especially convinced this is a game I even want to play any more. I'm not mad, or disappointed.. Just surprised at these continual development choices which seem to be creating a game I don't want to play.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Quote from Hpnot1Q

AUCTION HOUSE FUNCTIONALITY

Q: What items can be traded in Diablo III?

A: Nearly everything that drops on the ground, including gold, can be traded with other players directly or through the auction house system. Aside from certain quest items, there will be very few (if any) items that will be “soulbound” to your character and therefore untradable. We are also planning to allow players to buy and sell characters in the auction house at some point in the future and will have more details to share on that at a later date.

The keyword there is that "everything that drops on the ground can be traded". Characters don't drop on the ground. They can't be traded in the AH. That was just the Chinese guy making stuff up / Google translation messing it up.
    underwhelming, and no skill points and the real money auction house made me NOT buy the game, thx blizzard for screwing up again your once awesome games. long road to ruin!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes