Diablo 3 Mystic and Item Enhancements Preview

I know nothing about WOW, so if items have the same name, like say "Dagger", "Wand" or "Spikey Club", then its fine with me.

Since I care about D3 and not WOW, I welcome every cool aspekt availible for this game.

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

im rly confused as to how some ppl just CANT GET the joke of such an obvius post... well trolled iwantataco heheheh
    Quote from Progz

Quote from venom1stas

Sad that they are taking almost every enchantment name from WoW.

Why would you rename an enchant when theres a game that Blizzard made and more like 10million people played it before? Why make your users relearn stuff? Once they played one game, at least they will understand some things about the game. Pulls people in easiler once they are related to the "old stuff". People hate change, you should know this, everyone complained about Diablo 3 art style at one point. Sounds like they are going backwards doing that. Just dumb thing to do though.

So, what you're saying is: most things in WoW were also in D2, 'cause people hate change, and there was already a Blizzard game that did most of the things in WoW...right? (Btw, the answer is: wrong).

What some people here (mostly WoW players at some point in time) don't get is that Diablo and Warcraft are two completely different universes, and that overlap (in terms of players) isn't as common as they'd like to think. Personally, I haven't played a Warcraft game since Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal. I have, however, played every Diablo game and expansion. So, yeah, it's a bit annoying to see relatively unimportant things (in terms of gameplay; they're important in terms of flavour) 'imported' from another game that has nothing to do with the Diablo universe, just because said game was successful.
    I personally feel like this aspect of the game is totally forced. I'm not saying i wont knock it completely, but just on paper it seems like copy and paste, minus the 10 and 25 man raids.
    I'm amazed by the comments i read. I guess that some people just love to complain about anything. I played WoW and previous Diablos and i must say, that i like the idea of enchanting. It adds a bit of flavor to me, another thing to play with.
    I'm pretty sure the infusing affix is Mana regen for Witch Doctors. I recall seeing "Infusing" quite often on Wanga Dolls and ceremonial daggers. Plus, 35 arcane power per second for a wizard would be mega over powered.
    Enchanting is awesome!!!

But really.. calling them all "super" ?

That's kinda stupid, like the fat twit that trolled around the blizzcon stage claiming that the monks pillars were awesome. Chris Hagar or something?
    He really needed a reality check, wonder if he's had a finger in this.

/trollalalalala
    There are more than one tier of enchants, this particular one has the prefix of "super", get over it
    The only problem with all this articles is that after each of them I fell the need to play the game...but the game is not here yet.

Thanks for your work, Boubouille!
    Definitely a good gold sink. But I am kinda curious whether you can enchant one piece of gear to infinity or the new enchantment just over writes the previous one. Logic says over writes.

Quote from venom1stas

Sad that they are taking almost every enchantment name from WoW.

Luckily for me I don't play WoW and has never played it, so the names are cool.

:offtopic: And all the other stuff people say Blizz copied from WoW to D3, no worries for me! :D It's like new concepts just for D3!

Quote from xMantasx

I'm amazed by the comments i read. I guess that some people just love to complain about anything. I played WoW and previous Diablos and i must say, that i like the idea of enchanting. It adds a bit of flavor to me, another thing to play with.

I think most of the people is complaining about the names, not the ability to enchant your stuff...
    Boubouille is so legit at organizing information effectively.

GG
    Loving these. I hope they add in some crazier enchants before release though, along the lines of the crazier item abilities that have been discussed.

*stupid shit about WoW enchant names being the same*

This is scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about. If you have a problem with the names being the same between both games: shut down your computer, unbunch your panties, and go rethink your life.
    fucking winers
    Quote from OmniNom

This is scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about. If you have a problem with the names being the same between both games: shut down your computer, unbunch your panties, and go rethink your life.

I agree 100% with you. And also for people who complain about Diablo 3 not having enough in it (gems, enchants, etc)
    You should probably realize neither did Diablo 2... It took D2 10 years to get where it is now. So you better believe they
    will be adding all kinds of stuff to D3 in the upcoming years.

How about we let them do what they want without complaining and judge the game when we can
    actually play and test all the features in the game?
    All this information and yet I cant help but feel like theres more to this then we know ( more then how runes work). With the all this Artisan information summed up for us is quite useful.

End Of Line
    Would like the game right about now >

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Arcane Power in Super Infusing.

Don't you have like 100 arcane power? 35/sec regen seems very very good. My guess is that it's supposed to be for the WD.
    Quote from Hiselius

Would like the game right about now >

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Arcane Power in Super Infusing.

Don't you have like 100 arcane power? 35/sec regen seems very very good. My guess is that it's supposed to be for the WD.

You can increase your cap.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    Enchants in D3 are sort of a replacement for the old D2 Gems/Runes. Since now Gems add specific stats, and lack the most important (imo) Elemental Damage.

I wonder how enchant stacking works, or if they don't stack at all. ie. Dual Wield enchanted with +95% Critical Damage, seems mouth-wateringly op. But I don't want to be forced to use those enchants, when what I really want to do is stack elemental damage for all those shiny on hit effects :P

I'll probably level the Mystic first, seems the best choice. Blacksmith is kind of meh, as you can always get gear from drops or AH. And the Jeweler seems kind of redundant, when you can just get better tier gems from subsequent Acts/Difficulties as well as the AH. Whereas the Mystic actually adds unique and powerful ways to augment your stats, and it's shiny :P
    enhance ring Doh <_
    Cool stuff.

But wheres the elemental resistance stats? I will be realy pissed if Blizz just ignore th resist/elemental aspect of the game.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes