Diablo 2 Patch 1.13d

That's right! In conjunction with the very recent ladder reset, Blizzard has released a minor D2 patch fixing quite a few bugs and even implemented some new methods to combat spambots!

Official Blizzard Quote:

Patch 1.13d - 10/27/2011

New Features

• Ignoring players is now saved between sessions of the game. All ignores are now written out to disk (file: 'ignorelist'). This feature can be toggled by issuing the command '/ignorepersist'.
    • Users can now filter messages based on content by issuing the command '/filtermsg <content>'. To unfilter content issue the command '/unfiltermsg <content>'. (The maximum length of a filter pattern is 128 characters)
    • Users can now set their home channel by issuing a new Battle.net chat command '/home <channel name>' while in the Battle.net chat interface.
    • Users can return to their home channel at any time by issuing the command '/home' while in the Battle.net chat interface.
    Major Bugs

• Fixed a known dupe method.
    • Fixed another issue where players were able to stack auras in an unintended way.
    Minor Bugs

• Fixed a bug where Mercenaries wouldn't have multiple auras active when they should have.
    • Fixed an issue where players could create games prefixed with color codes.
    • Potentially fixed an issue where players would be disconnected when watching the cinematics when in a Battle.net game.
    • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when running in windowed mode with sound disabled and the game tried to play a cinematic.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Thought this was a D3 patch and got excited :(
    MONKSPUNK
    Nice.. filters and ignorelist!
    Diablo 3 Hardcore: 60 Demon Hunter 60(7) Barb
    RIP:50 Demon Hunter 60 (5) Barb
    Guess what they didn't do? Windows 7 support! I have to use that special video mode...Flight?
    Quote from dnavarre

Guess what they didn't do? Windows 7 support! I have to use that special video mode...Flight?

I run D2 in Windows 7... O_O
    These updates make Seth very, very happy. Features we've been asking for for years.
    Alexl53... the noob just doesn't know to "Run As Admin" in order to be able to connect to bnet.
    Aw, I thought it was the beta patch. Ah well I was looking forward to this patch as well although I'm busy with D3 nowadays :P. They kinda hinted at it when they announced the reset.

Die spambots!
    This is mainly to fight spam bots I assume.
    "Traitors! Even in death, the armies of Khanduras will still obey their king!"
    lol totally thought this was D3 and was like, "WTF they can already dupe in D3?!"
    i thhought it was D3 and was like: didn't they say there was a big patch coming up? this is BIG -_-!?

The whole

"Major Bugs

Fixed a known dupe method."

Is not encouraging to me now that the next game is "soon." I know diablo 3 will be nothing alike system wise, but people find a way :(.
    It might seem like this patch is nothing much, but these changes are actually quite significant if you've been playing Diablo 2 over the years.

I'm surprised it actually took Blizzard this long to implement these.
    The only thing this patch means to me is the addition of my barb and sorc to my NL characters.
    im pretty sure duping will be impossible in d3 just like in wow
    ever seen any dupes in wow?

i guess items 'll just get a unique id or something

Official Blizzard Quote:

Patch 1.13d - 10/27/2011

Fixed a known dupe method.

I've seen pala flying enigma 2 days after restart.
    Its easy to get a lvl 85 fire / cold sorc and run your bot 24/7 on hell meph / andy etc... In a day or two you will have enough stuff to start your own hammerdin... Enigma is hard to get but this dude probably has riches in d2jsp so yeah.
    Has anyone come up with any good /filtermsg commands that will block all the bots?
    Its impressive that they still patch this old wonderful game :)
    Quote from dnavarre

Just like alex523 said I have no problem running D2 in Win7
    The strongest there is!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes