Beta Patch 4

Patch 4 of the Beta just went live a couple of hours ago. Nothin' really to see here, though for the sake of completeness we're reporting it, :). It doesn't appear as if the new class changes have made it in just yet either.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Diablo III Beta Patch 4 – v.0.3.0.7447

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a number of game and service crashes.

To read up on previous full patch notes from the entirety of the Beta, check out our DiabloWiki.com - Diablo III Patches Diablo III Patches archive.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Geez, my browser started running slow after viewing these patch notes, So much content in them it hogged my browsers memory.... oh wait.

On a serious note, its nice to see this patch get out there, cant wait to see if we get any new bugs tho.
    Btw, did anyone even get a beta invite yet? Apart from F&F and media.
    Not yet. Yes people will say they have, but no real public waves have gone out.
    ...one more little step...
    Thanks for the update! ;)

Invites did go out today, we have some people here that got in (with proof). However, it would seem like a VERY small number.
    Can you ask them if they got keys they had to type in manually or if there accounts were automatically granted beta access?

Can you ask them if they got keys they had to type in manually or if there accounts were automatically granted beta access?

automatically granted.
    Thank you, I had not heard that for any beta invite before now!!
    Am I the only one whose noticed that this patch does a GPU driver check... ?
    -= Reelix =-
    Seems Blizz forgot a verrrry important fix imo...

Other:
    - Invited CptBlasto to the Closed Beta. He should now be able to log into the game and play as much as his heart desires >:)
    Did they say the class changes would be added to the beta? I'm pretty sure they said beta wouldn't be changing from its current state other than bugfixes. Really the only thing they are testing is stability of the servers and how different hardware works with the game. They don't need to update the classes in the beta to achieve that goal. I am assuming we won't see the class updates until Blizzcon and the non-Blizzcon public won't be able to try them out until release day.
    Slash 'n Blast - RPG Character Builds & Analysis
    No invite for me yet. If it comes it comes ;)

You are right, it did add a GPU driver check!

Invites did go out today, we have some people here that got in (with proof). However, it would seem like a VERY small number.

Very small as in it looks like an increase of maybe 20 people playing in public games lol
    -= Sleep is for the Weak =-
    Die fr00b, die~

You are right, it did add a GPU driver check!

Yup, my Geforce GTX 460 failed the new check with the latest drivers (wouldn't let me play at all, showed up as an unsupported card), rolled back the drivers and it at least let me choose to run the game anyway. Whew ;)
    I don't hate my parents, I don't get drunk just to spite them.
    I have my own reasons to drink, I think I'll call my Dad up and invite him.

I'm an adult now... (TPOH)
    HELL YEAH!! i'm in the BETA!!!! XD
    Just wondering Godhands... I take it was a new invite (not F&F or press), so was it a random op-in acceptance, did you go to BlizzCon last year, or?

Speaking of which Molster have you heard if the BlizzCon 2010 1,000 invites were done? I did go last year as did my friend, and to this point neither of us have heard anything (which is completely possible to be bad luck).

Thanks, and gratz Godhands, would love to be able to see you in the beta ;)
    I went to Blizzcon 2010 as well. There was probably somewhere around 25k people at Blizzcon, meaning that even getting included in that 1k invites is extremely slim. And the way it was setup, the person who bought the tickets account would get that special invite anyways. The reason behind this was because even though the buyer had to type in other peoples character names and such, it didn't include their account e-mail address.
    I went to Blizzcon 2010 as well. There was probably somewhere around 25k people at Blizzcon, meaning that even getting included in that 1k invites is extremely slim. And the way it was setup, the person who bought the tickets account would get that special invite anyways. The reason behind this was because even though the buyer had to type in other peoples character names and such, it didn't include their account e-mail address.

Yup, my Geforce GTX 460 failed the new check with the latest drivers (wouldn't let me play at all, showed up as an unsupported card), rolled back the drivers and it at least let me choose to run the game anyway. Whew ;)

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

Probably due to the fact that there are 4 different GTX 460 version :P

And only get WHQL Log'd drivers (You can check in dxdiag)

Latest version: 8.17.12.8026 (Aka: 280.26)
    -= Reelix =-
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes