Skills and Guns

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/7259-guns-in-diablo-3-maybe/

They don't have any reason not to dick around with the idea.
    Quote from pulchritude022

No one has answered yet, where did these xbow images come from!?

Are there more like this? Must. See. More. WEAPONS!

Our secret cache of awesome images. ;)

Those are just the hand crossbows by the way, not the actual normal crossbows, or bows.
    Guns dont fit, true, but i think the one handed cross bows work like guns anyway so i dont think it matters.

Thats why i think the demon hunter is so much sicker with a bow (first time i saw it was that leaked skill video thingy)
    Quote from Daemaro

Quote from pulchritude022

No one has answered yet, where did these xbow images come from!?

Are there more like this? Must. See. More. WEAPONS!

Our secret cache of awesome images. ;)

Those are just the hand crossbows by the way, not the actual normal crossbows, or bows.

I really hope they dont favorise 1 hand xbows doe DH

and please give more pic of weapons! :xD:
    Social life, we had a good run! But it's time for a break, i'll miss you
    Guns would tarnish the basic setting of the Diablo universe, in my opinion.

For one, it just feels wrong chronologically. Guns are from the modern age, and Diablo feels much older.

Specifically, Diablo's playable and NPC characters seem out of an era too primitive for guns. Witch Doctors, Amazons, Barbarians, Monks, and Sorcerer/Wizards/etc were at their real (or mythical) power in worlds where guns didn't exist. Guns historically overpowered any cool native martial arts and technologies after the 1600's.

So for Diablo to be a world where steel, wood, and magic are credible fighting tools...guns should not be present.

Note - I'm not thrilled with the term "grenades" in Diablo. I can believe that primitive explosives could be concocted (or conjured) but I'd call them something less modern, like a "flask".
    I'm confused how it was cleared up that there were no guns. Bash's comment:
    "Demon hunters are able to pepper the battlefield with scores of arrows and projectiles, or snipe distant enemies with a precision undreamt of by other heroes. Their arsenal includes longbows, guns, grenades, hand-thrown weapons, and even dual-wielded crossbows."
    Added so my posts are readable.
    There is a good amount of bow models too. ;) As well as crossbow.
    Quote from ScyberDragon

IMO pistol xbows are guns. Just skinned and made to fit in the lore of D3. Not that I have a problem with that.

I'd agree with this. I think the evidence points to them originally making the Demon Hunter a gun class, then with the uproar of the Diablo community in general, they reskinned the guns and made them crossbows.

I wouldn't care if they were guns or 1h crossbows personally.
    Quote from mocaorca

I'm confused how it was cleared up that there were no guns. Bash's comment:
    "Demon hunters are able to pepper the battlefield with scores of arrows and projectiles, or snipe distant enemies with a precision undreamt of by other heroes. Their arsenal includes longbows, guns, grenades, hand-thrown weapons, and even dual-wielded crossbows."
    That wasn't bashiok's comment. That was the post on the Diablo 3 character page. Bashiok's post was the one saying that guns are not in D3.

For the full battle.net forums discussion and further clarification, read this:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123319681

Quote from Ranim

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/7259-guns-in-diablo-3-maybe/

They don't have any reason not to dick around with the idea.

IMO, the way the Qual khek says it, it is a joke. Basically, during the early stages of Diablo 2, people were having the same discussion over guns as we are now. That whole speech is just a form of easter egg for those people. And at the same time, declares guns as a strange and implausible idea. It is just an in-game way of saying that games won't be in the Diablo series.

Quote from LinkX

Quote from ScyberDragon

IMO pistol xbows are guns. Just skinned and made to fit in the lore of D3. Not that I have a problem with that.

I'd agree with this. I think the evidence points to them originally making the Demon Hunter a gun class, then with the uproar of the Diablo community in general, they reskinned the guns and made them crossbows.

I wouldn't care if they were guns or 1h crossbows personally.

I have to disagree with this notion. With skills like Impale, Entangling Shot, Bola Shot, Rain of Vengeance, I'd say that the weapons started out as bow weapons. Besides, I dont' think guns would hurt demons much if at all. We need magic to slay the Evils. Isn't that the whole concept behind Diablo. Humans have this innate magical power that is ultimately more powerful than Angels or Demons.

The Sin Wars spoiler
    The Angiris Council made everyone on Sanctuary forget their powers, so that humans didn't stop both the Angels and Demons. Plus, mankind wasn't quite ready for the powers yet.

BTW, its nice to see you again Linkx. :)
    Quote from Archie
    I have to disagree with this notion. With skills like Impale, Entangling Shot, Bola Shot, Rain of Vengeance, I'd say that the weapons started out as bow weapons. Besides, I dont' think guns would hurt demons much if at all. We need magic to slay the Evils. Isn't that the whole concept behind Diablo. Humans have this innate magical power that is ultimately more powerful than Angels or Demons.

The Sin Wars spoiler
    The Angiris Council made everyone on Sanctuary forget their powers, so that humans didn't stop both the Angels and Demons. Plus, mankind wasn't quite ready for the powers yet.

Well, I see where you are coming from. However, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine using magic to cause connect two or three bullets to cause a Bola shot, or other such skills.

As for bullets not causing much damage to demons, I don't see a sword hurting Diablo either without magical enchantments on it.

Regardless, guns (Aside from pistol crossbows) are not in Diablo 3.

Quote from Archie
    BTW, its nice to see you again Linkx. :)

Nice to see you again, too, Archie. :P
    Happy

guns shoot bullets propelled by an explosion
    bows shoot arrows catapulted by a string

Huge difference! never ever guns in Diablo!!!!
    Takes away all the fantasy of shooting things as well.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes