Skills and Guns

I think its just more comforting to us old geezers that Blizz say they are xbows as opposed to actual guns. They may sound like guns, they may have the effect like guns, but they are still without gunpowder or shot. I can accept rockets due to those being produced far earlier in Asia than any guns. But that's as far as it should go in Diablo 3.
    Considering we have explosives in the form of grenades, bombs, and rockets, I'd assume guns would be fine. That's just logic talking out of my ass though.
    Good, no guns. Thank goodness. Anybody that wants them are silly gooses.

Oh, and Kargos. That's not how logic works...
    THANK YOU!

And, SHAME ON ALL WHO WANTED THEM IN D3!!!
    Where did he get the image with all the crossbows??????
    Quote from Nektu

Quote from Nekrodrac

Quote from ScyberDragon

IMO pistol xbows are guns. Just skinned and made to fit in the lore of D3. Not that I have a problem with that.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I don't quite understand the attitude of no-guns anyway. Quite hypocritical to say that guns will ruin or negatively affect the diablo universe when you are getting an item that functions exactly the same as one.
    Bleh. Some people are happier calling a fork a spoon. So be it.

This can also be said about the crossbow's in D2. A stripped down rifle? Did it negatively effect the diablo universe of D2? I don't think so.

Uh...you are agreeing with me? Because I did quote Scyber and said it reflected my opinion as well, meaning i don't have a problem with xbows though I still think they are guns in disguise.
    No one has answered yet, where did these xbow images come from!?

Are there more like this? Must. See. More. WEAPONS!
    I'm glad there aren't any guns, just wouldn't feel right. Plus it doesn't seem fair that my monk using his fists would go against someone with a pistol... kinda dumb
    Quote from Nekrodrac

Quote from Nektu

Quote from Nekrodrac

Quote from ScyberDragon

IMO pistol xbows are guns. Just skinned and made to fit in the lore of D3. Not that I have a problem with that.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I don't quite understand the attitude of no-guns anyway. Quite hypocritical to say that guns will ruin or negatively affect the diablo universe when you are getting an item that functions exactly the same as one.
    Bleh. Some people are happier calling a fork a spoon. So be it.

This can also be said about the crossbow's in D2. A stripped down rifle? Did it negatively effect the diablo universe of D2? I don't think so.

Uh...you are agreeing with me? Because I did quote Scyber and said it reflected my opinion as well, meaning i don't have a problem with xbows though I still think they are guns in disguise.

I guess in a sense, I am agreeing with you. But I also look at it historically, they did have crossbows during mid-evil times. Not so much pistol ones, but you get the idea.

Recruiting for East Realm
    Also recruiting for Sc2 on both EU and NA servers

Bod home Page

Like us on Facebook!
    Ya, xbows are pretty much the same thing as guns, but I still like weapons in this universe to use potential and/or magical energy, not chemical energy (i.e. gun powder).
    I don't really see the problem for having guns since there will still be a need for ammunition like bows. Also, the Demon Hunter cinematic had guns in it. If Blizzard is to remove guns, they better fix the cinematic too.
    Ehh I feel that guns don't fit the tone they're trying to convey for the game. But it wouldn't hurt/help the game by adding them. They would function the same way that any projectile in the game would. But I agree that it doesn't fit the aesthetic of the universe. So idc that they're not in... also because imo if you're not smashing things... you're doing it wrong! Now if you gave me a gun or crossbow that shot either hammers or fists NOW we're talking!
    The strongest there is!
    You guys do realize that if Blizzard were going for historical accuracy, they would have INCLUDED guns right? Guns were around for most of the middle-ages, it's just they were so inaccurate, hard to reload, and weren't strong enough to pierce plate armor that they were just plain impractical.
    Who cares about historical accuracy when the game is set in a completely made up world? as long as it fits the world they have created for the game, which I don't think guns do.
    Quote from Theory

I don't really see the problem for having guns since there will still be a need for ammunition like bows. Also, the Demon Hunter cinematic had guns in it. If Blizzard is to remove guns, they better fix the cinematic too.

Uh, no there weren't any guns in the demon hunter trailer. What you probably saw were the pistol xbows. But no guns.
    Ain't no party like a Mario Party...
    Quote from Theory

Where does it show her firing a gun? She fires a repeating crossbow, but I have never seen her fire a gun.
    I like how i was about to resize the image of the crossbows, but the picture didn't enlarge more then a few pixels xD
    I lawl at people trying to state history of earth as an argument why diablo should / shouldn't have guns. Sanctuary peeps, not this god forsaken dump.
    Obviously it's all personal opinion. Myself, naw don't like the thought of guns in games like this. I mean I might as well take it up a notch if I can smelt titanium pistols and create FMJ .50 cal bullets; I'll stuff a briefcase nuke up diablos ass.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    so we can cast spells more effective than guns but we can't have weapons as effective as gun...logic
    Quote from Strill

You guys do realize that if Blizzard were going for historical accuracy, they would have INCLUDED guns right? Guns were around for most of the middle-ages, it's just they were so inaccurate, hard to reload, and weren't strong enough to pierce plate armor that they were just plain impractical.

Uhh, you mean cannons? Rifles that could be carried by one person and fired by one person weren't created until the early 16th century. Hand held guns are what signal the end of the Medieval Ages and the beginning of the science and technology age, AKA the Modern Age.

I'm truly happy that there aren't guns in DIII. I mean what good is armor if you're going against something that punctures right through it? I come at you with an axe, and you shoot a pistol at 15ft. At least a crossbow can't get through a shield...well...unless it is imbued with magic.

Its funny how everyone saying that they're okay with guns in DIII are the newer members. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. :d3d:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes