I think the wording on the hardcore part means that you just can't give softcore items to hardcore characters and vice versa; this would obviously break hardcore as all the work to get items for hardcore could be done with softcore characters. Hardcore items would also likely be more expensive in the hardcore auction house, so players could break the hardcore economy by fetching items in the softcore (cheaper) auction house and give them to their hardcore characters.
Although I do see reason to believe that the last sentence alludes to hardcore-only items, I think that the intended message is what I stated in the previous paragraph. I don't see the need for anything like vanity items for hardcore accomplishments because we have an achievement system for that.
This update looks very good, quality interface for skills and informations. Hope they will implement some into the game UI as well, because it is not bad, but it could be improved (the crosses and question marks on items for example looks kind of weird).
1. Does a level 1 ability possess the same potential a, say, level 14 ability does. That should be the case right? Cause otherwise everyone will get take the new abilities as they level up.
2. Does the abliity get stronger with the level of the character? In that case there will be some strong builds that are used more often, I mean since you can change as you go. If you see someone of your class and he does better with his abilities, you can change and do just as good?
3. If you put a rune in an ability, can you swap it into another ability if you choose to change you build? I hope not, and I think I've read this somewhere.
1. Yes but also debatable. For example the Wizard's Magic Missile (Lvl1) vs Blizzard spell (L26). Is Blizzard better? Sure but you can't spam it like you can with Magic Missile. And if you take the correct passives, MM will even generate AP for you so you can almost spam Blizzard. That's the fun part of the new Active/passive/Rune system.
2. Yes. Magic Missile at level 1 does NOT do 40-61 dmg like it does at level 60. And yes, you get tired of using Magic Missile and just found an awesome weapon that does crazy dmg, switch out your skills to Spectral Blade and now you're a melee wizard.
3. I've heard many different versions on this, but there is no Official word on this. Runes are swappable but not sure if once socketed, are they only for that specific skill. Meaning you can swap runes, but what happens to the rune that just got taken out is unclear.
Oh man im taking care not to get too sucked into theory crafting.. haha i know my build will consist of stuff that will look COOL only and not actaully have any good use apart from MEGA OP dmg in everything
The combinations just seems infinite its jsut too damn much for my brain to handle. i want to test loads out but u just cant.. i know for a fact i can play this game and lose 99999999 hours in just the beta if all runes n skills were open, just making millions of builds DOH.. my always stance was to master one character and then move on.. but this is impossible lol
Toad of Hugeness...seriously Blizzard....hopefully it's just a Beta name
That is the greatest name for a skill ever. I saw it and could not stop laughing.
If they change it, I will be extremely upset.
I agree I love that name! I reckon it's something a witch doctor might say.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
May the heroes rise from the pit of despair and the bards sing of the day of death renewed to everlasting immortality....awaiting your return to the lands of Sanctuary may peace be with you on this day...your day of birth.