Much Ado About Colors

i think they should give the witch doctor a very bright yellow "mojo". yes its close on the spectrum but very far apart from red if you look at them. so i think that should solve everything.
    could you please stop posting the horrid resource orbs. Thanks.
    could you please stop posting comments. Thanks. What's with the attitude people?
    If you have srs bzns to conduct with me, better send a private message.
    The current orbs for the DH are, imho, spot on.

So, after those lengthy and sometimes sarcastic explanations, what do you think about the Demon Hunter's resource globe?

Resource goes down, resource goes up, monsters die, I collect loot. As long as it doesn't look like it was designed to display clearly using a Spectrum (48k ofc), I can live with it.

Seriously though, I think it looks perfectly fine. I've no complaints with it. I understand people's comments and the suggestion for black/white or WD using green, but the answers given in the blue posts make perfect sense. I'm happy that they've not just thrown any old thing in and said "that'll do, they won't care anyway" like some people seem to think Blizzard do.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Evilenginen, I believe you're the one with the attitude. Uhh, thanks? Ya, thanks.
    I actually like the DHs Resource... maybe shift the Hatred a little more to a sanguine red and make the Discipline a lighter blue (not much lighter) but thats it. I'm not too sure about the WD and Mojo... I think the green would be really distracting. The Monks Spirite... I think it looks a little too much like Sand. Would love a more "holy" looking Spirite... maybe white with silver or gold.
    green res. for W.D. looks awesome
    Your mom' is awesome , i know ;)
    Hi Tenhi,

I don't know what your deal is but please refrain from making me look like the bad guy here (not in good taste Sir). I think we all know who the real bad people are here. I haven't seen you contribute anything here either other than your simple, "change the color a little" comments. I suggest you change your tone.
    Quote from Micate

My one complaint is in the blackness of the blue orb. If the red is supposed to be all dark and hatey, the blue should be swirling with lighter, more peaceful white(although still be mostly blue, again something it is not), not be even darker than the red.

Exactly what i was thinking.. But still, it is a minor issue that i can live with =)
    Bowie, I'm getting tired of you... If you're not gunna contribute to the topic at hand then don't comment. You have no room to say who's "contributing", and whether their contribution is good or bad. I believe you don't want to contribute because everyone shot down your ideas saying they were crap, so you want to shoot down everyone else's ideas. You have no life if you just go on the forums to make people feel bad. And yes, Tenhi was right... You're the only person with an attitude here; everyone else is having civilized debate, and you are only trolling the people that are trying harder than the rest. I think it's funny that you havn't replied to my comments directed towards you. I think I've upset you. You mad bro?
    A lifetime of Blizzard; a lifetime of fun. A lifetime with online games; a lifetime of memories.
    h
    Hi Blizzard0508,

I don't know who you are. I don't need to reply to you or anyone else for that matter because Blizzard has already stated their stance on the matter. Sixen and others were in the wrong and there is no point to discuss it further. I don't really see you contributing to anything. I just see you in angry mode typing away. Good day Sir.
    *snort* instead of character design drawings.. we draw bubbles.
    Bowie, I'm not in your so-called "angry mode". I only commented towards you because you were being mean to people that did nothing to deserve it. My contributions to this thread were supporting people that deserved it. I am not stating that Sixen was right about the DH orb; I only supported orbs for the WD because I think the DH orb is great the way it is, but as I stated on the first page, mana doesn't fit the WD as much as Voodoo or Juju does. Mana fits the Wizzard better, but Arcane power fits the wizzard even better than that. I suggested taking mana out completely and making it something more appealing and exciting, and less standard. But it was suggestion that doesn't even matter much to me, and prob. anyone else here. We all just want to play the game.
    A lifetime of Blizzard; a lifetime of fun. A lifetime with online games; a lifetime of memories.
    Why doesn't Blizzard admit it... "we are to lazy to change it this far into development."
    I know some here think that a "large" portion of the D3 fanbase dislikes the current orb designs, but I think the correct wording is a "loud" portion of the D3 fanbase dislikes the current orb designs. I'd be surprised to find that even a third of the fanbase is unsatisfied with the current colors and designs.
    So true Boss... And mostly people aren't unsatisfied; they just want to help improve them. Improving is never bad. But when it gets to arguing, they should just stick with what they got... The thing is with the Voodoo/Juju, the only people that argue against it are Blizz. :/ lol
    Refrain from engaging in pointless discussions/flaming with other members or the appropriate measures will be taken.

Nobody visits diablofans to see flaming arguments between users, they do so to discuss things in a civil manner.
    Quote from blizzard0508

So true Boss... And mostly people aren't unsatisfied; they just want to help improve them. Improving is never bad. But when it gets to arguing, they should just stick with what they got... The thing is with the Voodoo/Juju, the only people that argue against it are Blizz. :/ lol

The "problem" is that they are the ones that would need to be convinced lol. Also, this is just at a glance that we are discussing this. You gotta take the devs word that they have actually played and used the resource globes and know what works and what doesn't.

I just think it's such a shame that blizzard went through all this trouble of creating a brand new class very unique to rpg games and then slap on the tired 'ol mana for some reason.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes