Much Ado About Colors

Spock, That was just like my suggestion for the Voodoo. :D I'm just not talented enough to make it. lol
    A lifetime of Blizzard; a lifetime of fun. A lifetime with online games; a lifetime of memories.
    Hatred looks more orange than red to me, dunno about you guys. Discipline also looks a lot darker than the royal blue mana.
    MONKSPUNK
    Quote from Spock_block

Toying around with colours, I managed to whip up some real bad juju lol.

Seriously though, I'm not that bothered about hatred/discipline for the DH. But the blue mana for the WD just doesn't seem right. I'd much prefer something more entwined with voodoo, like some form of bubbling thick substance.

I like this mockup. a lot.
    Had already explained most of that here anyone with basic knowledge of arts (painting, photography, design, etc.) would say the same thing.
    Owned again
    Bowie, I'm not seeing how anyone was "owned". If you're still trolling Trader, I'm on his side. True, the red and blue that Blizzard uses do contrast perfectly, but that means any form of those colors would contrast too, just not "perfectly" like the base colors. Trader's terquoise and blood are still based on blue and red, so they contrast well, but not AS WELL as the normal blue and red. On the contrary, Trader's colors fit the game better than the piercing blue and red that Blizzard chose. Terquois and Blood are very suitable to the game of Diablo. The only thing I would suggest to Trader is making the terquois a little darker, so that it compliments AND contrasts the blood.
    A lifetime of Blizzard; a lifetime of fun. A lifetime with online games; a lifetime of memories.
    I guess he made a good point about this!
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    Can we see a mockup of the black and white/yin yang globe? I know they said it wouldn't be visible enough but I would still like to see how that looks
    Can we see a mockup of the black and white/yin yang globe? I know they said it wouldn't be visible enough but I would still like to see how that looks

Sixen updated his original post at the bottom with mockups of black/white (including a few others):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3082213677
    I think that's the problem. Why should discipline be dark?
    Quote from Spock_block

Toying around with colours, I managed to whip up some real bad juju lol.

Seriously though, I'm not that bothered about hatred/discipline for the DH. But the blue mana for the WD just doesn't seem right. I'd much prefer something more entwined with voodoo, like some form of bubbling thick substance.

make that green just a bit darker and it'll be perfect !!!

So light green will just stand out too much in the dark world of d3.

thats just my humble opinion
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    I've agreed with people about the blue mana too boring for the WD for awhile, since they were officially announced. But as I watch this third installment of a FnF beta WD play through, it's changed my mind; The blue DOES look really good actually, especially with the surrounding environments. I say defiantly watch the vids or play the game before we start demanding changes. =D
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Damn, I can't edit my post (wtf where's edit button), so I'll add a reply.

I also wanted to say that a bit darker green wouldn't make it invisible. Imho too light or too dark is bad - but this green is a bit too light.

IMPORTANT ARGUMENT:
    Also, changing the name of the color of mana..... will be bad for one more reason that no one, even OP, stated before:
    Using blue mana just feels like goooooood old times. I don't play d2 anymore (mainly because of graphics and because I spent 600? 700? hours playing d2) so having a chance to use a blue mana would feel like being in d2 world. Being at home. Blue mana brings back sentiments. And that is one of the reasons that I was unaware of, of why I choose WD to be my main class when d3 comes out.

Leave blue mana alone 'cos it feels like in home.
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    My thoughts:
    Monk: Jade or Gold/ White Combo
    WD: I really like Splock Blocks Model: Purple/Green Combo
    DH: Hatred: Red/Black Discipline: Blue/White
    Barb: As is
    Wiz: As is
    "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother"
    St. Crispen's Day Speech William Shakespeare, 1599
    *shrugs* In some ways I do think the color is problematic... I mean if you don't know the character well enough that you have to look to begin with, then you need to find a new class to play....

Glancing for health well... if you're a Barb, that's all-right. ^_^
    Thing is, before the blizz post i like the colors. After reading about it not so much anymore. So either the explanation is not good, or i thought about it too much. Oh well, it still works for me.
    I still have a problem with discipline is that if you watch the blue half of the globe a huge portion of it is black most of the time. When looking at it on the gameplay vids with my peripheral vision hatred stands out quite well and discipline is just too dark to really easily notice. With hatred its pretty easy to tell where it is, without that blue bar that shows where the current level is at the top of the full portion of discipline I don't think it would really be possible to tell without looking directly at it for a second, and even the blue bar isn't that huge a help. They need to make the blue fill the globe more and just stand out more.
    I would choose two types of colors, one yellow, and the other red.
    Have to agree with the whole mojo thing, not only does it sound cool but if it had the purple/green it would really fit the character too.

I will be playing the DM pretty much solidly and the colours are not what I was expecting really. They just don't seem to contrast enough visually. Hard to really put my finger on it. Hatred should really be darker either something like a black or a blood red. Discipline should be more controlled, not saying that the blue is the wrong colour but maybe something like a sky blue.
    It's not red, after all. It's orange and it has a strong black component. I think it fits the class.

Loque
    http://diablogging.blogspot.com
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes