Diablo III: Book of Cain

I'm betting it'll be the most canon piece of lore for D3 as of yet.
    Quote from Medievaldragon

Hi guys, I posted about this book around 3am EST when I saw it at Amazon. More info in a few days. I can confirm -- Diablo III: Book of Cain is CANON.

Nice. I hope it's more than simply a recap of D2&1. Wait it has to be, it's clearly not marketed to the casual Diablo gamer.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    IS there a pre order site that allows paypal for payment? Amazon doesn't seem to allow paypal but am keen to get this one way or the other lol
    You know its going to be a good day when you enter a corner sideways.
    I hope they put this in a collector's edition of D3. It would fit perfectly in there along with a concept art book and a strategy guide.

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence
    Wow, I would really like to get this... but I am in Korea.

I wonder if the bookstore downtown can order it for me... :/ (They have been able to order other Diablo books so far)

-ZTZaorish
    Quote from DesmondTiny

OMG MEDIEVAL!!!!!!!!! *Honored by your presense*

I'm so glad its cannon ima get it :D

Honored myself that you remember my days around here. Good days when everyone was hoping Diablo III was announced and hype was high with a bit of suspense. Now all there is, is the hype, but good days anyway. Confusing, I know hehe. Thanks, DesmondTiny!

Quote from CherubDown

Gheed2010 pointed out that this was posted on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III:_Book_of_Cain

I wonder who wrote up the article there...

::scratches forehead::

::reads screen name of the person who posted that wiki entry::

Yup, that's me. ^_^

Quote from RustStorm

I hope it's going to be Richard A. Knaak to be honest... Love his writing style the best so far...

Diablo III: Book of Cain is not a novel at all. I am not able to describe it yet, but I do know some thrilling bits about the project. The same day it appeared on Amazon, I got two responses within minutes. Thus why I confirmed it is canon. I am tied until a certain date. Details will be revealed soon™. 'Nuff said.

Actually, a bit more. Once you hear about it, you better pre-order it to secure your copy while they last. B)

Off-topic: This photo is from BlizzCon 2009 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

(From left to right: Jaime Costas (ex-Pocket Books PR), Christie Golden, Medievaldragon, Richard A. Knaak, and Rob Tokar (Tokyopop Editor-in-Chief).
    WOW THATS SO AWESOME!!!! :) Thanks for writing the wiki article :P How could I forget your days around here? They were the best practicly. So sad so many of the old timers are gone, but there are jut as many new good people that came here as well :)
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from Runner55

Quote from Wingless

There is a chronological order, but a part from the Sin War, you can read them in whichever order you prefer. They don't really refer to each other, but they do take place at different times; some during D2, some after and way before D1.

Sweet, thanks! :)

But do read Kingdom of Shadow before Moon of the Spider though.
    Quote from ZTZaorish

Wow, I would really like to get this... but I am in Korea.

I wonder if the bookstore downtown can order it for me... :/ (They have been able to order other Diablo books so far)

-ZTZaorish

Can you get deliveries from Amazon.com? They will deliver books to almost anywhere in the world, and list S. Korea as a place they will even ship other products. Though I would imagine the shipping might be horrible..
    Quote from Medievaldragon

Quote from DesmondTiny

OMG MEDIEVAL!!!!!!!!! *Honored by your presense*

I'm so glad its cannon ima get it :D

Honored myself that you remember my days around here. Good days when everyone was hoping Diablo III was announced and hype was high with a bit of suspense. Now all there is, is the hype, but good days anyway. Confusing, I know hehe. Thanks, DesmondTiny!

Quote from CherubDown

Gheed2010 pointed out that this was posted on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III:_Book_of_Cain

I wonder who wrote up the article there...

::scratches forehead::

::reads screen name of the person who posted that wiki entry::

Yup, that's me. ^_^

Quote from RustStorm

I hope it's going to be Richard A. Knaak to be honest... Love his writing style the best so far...

Diablo III: Book of Cain is not a novel at all. I am not able to describe it yet, but I do know some thrilling bits about the project. The same day it appeared on Amazon, I got two responses within minutes. Thus why I confirmed it is canon. I am tied until a certain date. Details will be revealed soon™. 'Nuff said.

Actually, a bit more. Once you hear about it, you better pre-order it to secure your copy while they last. B)

Off-topic: This photo is from BlizzCon 2009 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

(From left to right: Jaime Costas (ex-Pocket Books PR), Christie Golden, Medievaldragon, Richard A. Knaak, and Rob Tokar (Tokyopop Editor-in-Chief).

I wish you would stay a while and... well just stay a while. You're obviously a badass and we need all the badasses we can find. Thanks for all the info!
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Im ok with this book and raise a...
    DO WORK! -Eurynom
    Looks like the book has been taken down from amazon.com ?
    http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Book-Blizzard-Entertainment/dp/1608870456/
    Quote from Pit Stains

Looks like the book has been taken down from amazon.com ?
    http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1608870456/

Yeah it has been fucked.
    There is an alternative link though. I found it on Battle.net Diablo III Forum.
    http://www.amazon.ca/Diablo-Eternal-Conflict-Blizard-Entertainment/dp/1608870456/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309590189&sr=1-1
    "God? What's that?"
    i cant wait for this.. cause im in the process of reading all the Diablo books.
    No matter how hard it rains... withstand the pain
    employer:
    Black company
    I was really hoping that this book would come with collector's edition...
    Quote from Deventh

I was really hoping that this book would come with collector's edition...

Now, wasn't that a bit far-fetched don't ya think? I mean, books are usually quite expensive. It's also, in my uneducated opinion, a somewhat limited media in terms of "popularity" amongst gamers I think. It wouldn't make sense to bumbp the price of the CE with a book that maybe only 30% of the buyers end up reading.
    [youtube] T3hMusicGuru
    [playlist] Diablo III Music

Signature by Caniroth.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes