Diablo III: Book of Cain

Quote from ScyberDragon

All I know is that I pre-ordered it.

If there was one thing that needed to be known, that was it.

PRE-ORDERING!
    Gheed2010 pointed out that this was posted on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III:_Book_of_Cain

I wonder who wrote up the article there...
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Couldn't see, any news on who wrote it?

I'm definitely buying this, I bet it covers all of his life as well as what's been happening the last 20 years.
    Quote from Daemaro

I'm definitely buying this, I bet it covers all of his life as well as what's been happening the last 20 years.

Yea I wonder who the author is O_O
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from DesmondTiny

Quote from Daemaro

Yea I wonder who the author is O_O

I hope it's going to be Richard A. Knaak to be honest... Love his writing style the best so far...
    I reckon it will be one of the lore writers for D3... maybe. It could still be Knaak, he wrote the Sin War, right? The final cover will be sweet I reckon.

@ CherubDown - I miss it too. O_O
    Crap, I need this! :D Sucks to have to order it from abroad though, shipping will probably be anal (along with the eventual customs fee). Anyhow, I started reading Birthright a while back (I think that's the one, I bought it digitally on my ipod and noticed just now that it's gone) but obviously can't finish reading it now. I'm wondering though if the books are meant to be read in any particular order? I know the Sin War is a trilogy but I have no idea if any of the other books has any chronological relevance.
    walk softly, and carry a big gun
    There is a chronological order, but a part from the Sin War, you can read them in whichever order you prefer. They don't really refer to each other, but they do take place at different times; some during D2, some after and way before D1.
    I really do hope they make an audiobook version with Michael Gough, that would be awesome!
    To Game is Necessary
    I doubt that will happen. There's production cost and most people do read books :P
    Quote from Wingless

There is a chronological order, but a part from the Sin War, you can read them in whichever order you prefer. They don't really refer to each other, but they do take place at different times; some during D2, some after and way before D1.

Sweet, thanks! :)
    walk softly, and carry a big gun
    Knaak seems like a likely candidate because he has wrote the most canon parts of the lore so far. The Sin War.
    Aaand it's pre-ordered.

Annoying how much more it costs to order it from amazon.co.uk to Europe compared to the US price :(
    It's a well known fact. If you live in Europe and want something nice, go to America or pay twice the price! ;)
    To Game is Necessary
    Quote from Wingless

I doubt that will happen. There's production cost and most people do read books :P

Thus audiobooks tend to be quite expensive but popular, at least in Sweden.

I'm still hoping for The Book of Cain read by Cain himself! :D
    To Game is Necessary
    To get people into the reading mood: The Sin War Trilogy - 01 - Birthright

Now - Buy that book! :D
    -= Reelix =-
    Canon or not?

Definitely buying it if it's canon, otherwise definitely not.
    They most likely release this because of the long wait from D2 to D3, giving people who didn't play the earlier games a chance to catch up on the lore. So it would be totally ridiculous if it wasn't canon.
    Hope to find this book here in Brazil. Diablo lore makes me wanna play the game even more. Damn, I think I'm addicted to it.
    Playing Diablo since 1997.
    Quote from RedRocks

Quote from Wingless

Thus audiobooks tend to be quite expensive but popular, at least in Sweden.

I'm still hoping for The Book of Cain read by Cain himself! :D

Haha, now that would be something! xD
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes