DiabloCast: Episode XX - Give Me Options or Give Me DEATH!

Poll: Which variation of the AH will you prefer to use?

Which variation of the AH will you prefer to use? - Single Choice

• Won't use the AH at all 4%
  • Will use both 65.3%
  • Gold-based AH 25.5%
  • Real Money AH 5.2%
    I know, this is a bit shady, but I figure why not post the Poll and this weeks' DiabloCast all in one thread, right? We've been jam packed with news lately (and I think you know why), so I didn't see any point in bumping another newspost! That in mind, this week, we want to know which variation of the AH will you prefer to use?
    • Real Money AH
    • Gold-based AH
    • Will use both
    • Won't use the AH at all
    If you need more information on the Auction House System, you can check out PhrozenDragon's recent post. In last weeks' poll, we wanted to know what you all thought about Cooldowns, and it seems like the majority of you trust Blizzard's judgement with the 2-minute CD, as a whopping 45% of the votes went to it (with 1-minute coming in second, with 30% of the vote).

And this time around in the DiabloCast, we were allowed to talk about the Press Event! That in mind, we some pretty awesome PvP discussion (sorry!), as well as some talk on the new Rune and Skill systems, and what we expect from the Beta. If you missed the nineteenth episode, you can check it out here. Otherwise, the twentieth episode covered the following topics:

If you've missed any previous episodes, check the archive!
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    I probably won't really buy things from the RMAH....But I will definitely sell my ass off.
    Playing two markets rather than one greatly improves the possibilities of making money, you'd be a fool not to ;)
    And since there will be a limited number of RMAH auctions that can be posted weekly without having to pay a listing fee, creating a balance on which to play on should prove no problem at all.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."
    Robert Frost, 1923
    I'll be making use of both to maximise my in-game profits. Who knows, I might earn enough to pay for a WoW-subscription.
    I'm going to play hardcore, so gold-based is the only option for me.
    I'm probably going to have a look at both. How much I'm going to participate - no clue, but for the moment the selling side is much more in my target sight than the buying side.
    I still want to have the exhilaration when I'm finding new stuff that is really good and equip with self-found stuff, than I'm looking forward to buy things. Atm I see it as cheating when I'd equip my char with bought stuff.

Where I imagine the AH really tempting - when I have several parts of a set and I miss just 1 part. If that happens with a really high end char - I'd probably check the AH for a solution. Even if that might just be to have a look at the complete set.

So yes, perhaps I'm going to use it, but atm I don't plan on buying stuff there.
    monster + explosion = awesome!
    Get both!tm

I love 'playing' the AH in WoW and look forward to (what I hope will be) trying an improved version for Diablo. I am genuinely excited to see how this aspect plays out.

In progress: Barbarian, WD
    Will use both.

I hope there wont be problems with people only selling on the RMAH and only buying on the gold AH.. Then noone will be buying from the RMAH
    You should have an option saying "I Don't Know."

As I do not know which AH I will be using or if I will even use them at all... But I can definitely promise that within the next 5 or so years of playing, everyone would have used either AH by then. =)
    Quote from KanedaSyndrome

Will use both.

I hope there wont be problems with people only selling on the RMAH and only buying on the gold AH.. Then noone will be buying from the RMAH

Well, that wouldn't work for anyone since then nothing would be for sell to buy with gold, and nothing would be purchased for money. The system pretty much requires people to use both or neither as far as providing buyers and sellers.
    What people don't understand is that:

High lvl runes are SUPPOSED to be end-game stuff to strive for. On the equal level of legendaries.

You can always get the effect you want, because lower level runes will drop alot, but higher ones won't.

So, the high lvl rune you want, will be one of the hardest things to get..

This is BRILLIANT. Why? Because getting your skills to MAX, is gonna be thrilling, instead of just hunting for normal items like legendary armors etc..

The point of high lvl randomized runes IS that they are gonna be SUPER hard to get. Probaly you WON'T get what u want, for a long time... this is the purpose of it..

You can still have lvl 1-5 runes to try out effects and have effects, they will drop alot.

Also: Getting the highest lvl runes is getting easier because people are gonna sell the runes they DON'T want... we don't know if any rune effects are gonna be bad for EACH spell. Myabe all effects will be just as awesome and wanted and not just 1 type with 1 affix.

Also, they are probaly gonna be mystics wipe on rune, or you can salvage the tunes you don't want..

So let's say you get a lvl 7 rune, socket it, and u dont get the effect u want, You can SALVAGE this rune, for some other awesome stuff. Like alot of gold, or even a system to get incredients to craft your own runes.

Like if u salvage 5 lvl 7 runes, you can craft the lvl 7 rune of your choice..

what u think about that?
    will use both of course. Use gold to buy and sell for real money...

However, what about Tax!?!?! If you make money (sizable amount of course), don't you have to file for income tax? Also, according to US tax code, consumers are responsible for online purchase sales tax... Do we have to do this too?
    The only problem is everyone wants to sell on the RMAH, but not buy...going to be interesting on how many people actually buy from it.

[color-white]So many skeletons.....[/color]
    which variation of the AH will you prefer to use?

For this reason and this reason only I chose the gold AH. I'd only stand by this option because I hate the idea of a real money AH however.
    I can't wait to use both. :)
    With all the sell-side competition, prices are going to be extremely low (like, a couple dollars at most for top-tier items).

Even gamers on a Wal-Mart income will be tempted... especially when they weigh the cost of the item against how much time it would take to find it themselves, compared to their job's hourly pay.

-Kardax
    Quote from trex000

will use both of course. Use gold to buy and sell for real money...

However, what about Tax!?!?! If you make money (sizable amount of course), don't you have to file for income tax? Also, according to US tax code, consumers are responsible for online purchase sales tax... Do we have to do this too?

This might be an issue you have to adress personaly with the 3rd party site that you actually are getting the money from?
    Before you take out any Real money from a 3rd party, you havent realy earned anything have you :)
    Its quite artificial before you do. SO lets say you get a super item, sell it for 100$, and then buy other stuff on the same AH for that "real money". You still then havent had shit to declare realy to any goverment.

I might be totaly wrong here, but...
    Looking at sites like youtube and gamespot, it's incredible how bad people hate the graphics, skill-system and AH... thought there was no way to hate on diablo :/

i'd obviously try to earn a lil' on the cash AH, make at least enough money to earn back the game :P

And people wanting to sell at money AH and buy at gold AH isn't a problem, since you can buy and sell the gold itself also, which should cause the prices to be pretty much equal.

I voted gold based AH because I hope to play the game for a very long time so there is a chance I may try this feature too in the distant future.
    But mostly I hope to be able to enjoy the game without getting stuff from AH.
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes