Diablo 3's Story

Great read scyberdragon. I hope you didnt spoil too much haha.
    Nice work! You did a good job laying it all out for someone (me) who isn't aware of much of the lore, just killing. I still believe that Diablo will be merged at some point with Baal and Mephisto probably in the first expansion. I have a feeling Diablo will be following the expansion progressions much like WoW.
    Sometimes you don't always know where you stand... until you know that you won't run away.
    Kudos! Amazing article!

This is the type of stuff that refuels my imagination and reminds me exactly why Diablo is my all time fav game/fantasy series. I totally nerded out thinking about all the possibilities for this game.

The amount of awe this game will inspire is gonna be monumental for me. The same way Diablo and then Diablo 2 were amazing.

Thank you for the great work!
    Thanks for the spoiler alert, dick.
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
    In his defense, the topic title kinda says it.
    But lulz to your comment, Zhar!

Many thanks to Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    Spoilers?! Is it safe to read? lucky it went straight to the last page lol.
    Its purely speculation about the storyline. We don't actually know any of this stuff. Or at least nothing beyond whats already been revealed through BlizzCon and the like.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    DiabloFans: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Live Chat
    Ok I read it and I don't think it spoils anything. Good read. I'm hoping we battle Azmodan and Belial at some point in the game.
    I like the idea of having something spoiled for someone from an article this large. Like at what point do you go "hm I should stop reading this" before you realize it's too late. It's like a delayed recognition of what you are reading.
    Did any1 think gates of heaven could be a possible battleground for A4 or expansion?
    we've been to hell, heaven yet to be revealed.
    ';.;'
    coming soon?
    Quote from Jackzor

Its purely speculation about the storyline. We don't actually know any of this stuff. Or at least nothing beyond whats already been revealed through BlizzCon and the like.

HOW DARE YOU DOUBT SCYBERDRAGONS UNIMAGINEABLE POWER!!!!
    SMITE HIM SCYBER!!!
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
    Quote from TitanREW

Did any1 think gates of heaven could be a possible battleground for A4 or expansion?
    we've been to hell, heaven yet to be revealed.
    IMO the first xpac will be Ureh. It was already shown in the announcement cinematic and they could've already done some work on it. Heaven would just seem to make more sense as the last xpac because it could be a good way to close out this story arc.

Of course I could be completely, absolutely wrong, as I also don't have any legitimate guesses at what A4 will be.

And oh noes! Dun hurt meeeeee

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    DiabloFans: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Live Chat
    SORTA KINDA SPOILER

Not all of what he said may be top-shelf material, but I thought the "tester leak" seemed to have solid material on the plot - tyrael, the player binding himself to maintain the barrier between the worlds at the end, etc.

SORTA KINDA SPOILER
    Might just be me and might be a little OT, but there's one thing I wondered about.

I've read some of the Diablo books and understand there's a balance between Light and Darkness and all that.
    If that is so, how come there's Hellspawn running loose all over the place (though, I guess we do need something to hit), while there is no equivalent emissaries of the Light to balance that out?

In the Black Road, I think it is, they say that every time a creature of Darkness enters Sanctuary, it brings with it it's possible downfall - but that it's up to humans to take action against it.

That doesn't really seem a lot like balance? Why does the High Heavens not intervene on the same scale as the Burning Hells? There ought to be like armies of Angels battling the legions of Hell, right?
    Nice summary, I had forgotten a few of those things along the way. Cant wait to see the game in action and what will happen!
    ~ Some people are still alive only because it is illegal to kill them ~
    Great read! It makes me want the game soooo much more!
    nice reading...

very very fine job Scyberdragon, keep doing that.. i love reading things like this.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes