DiabloCast XVI - Buy Your Way

Hello all, here's the DiabloCast for this week. This time around we talk about return of Town Portals, the brand new D3 Book, and a tangent discussion on item stores and item selling! If you missed the fifteenth episode, you can check it out here. Otherwise, the sixteenth episode covered the following topics:

If you've missed any previous episodes, check the archive!
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Thanks for the podcasts guys, your dedication are much appreciated.

I enjoyed your spin-off discussions regarding itemstores etc. Spontanous discussion topics ftw! :)
    [youtube] T3hMusicGuru
    [playlist] Diablo III Music

Signature by Caniroth.
    Excellent. I love these things, keep em coming, Sixen.

But try to sound equally excited for mapcraft ;)
    Check me out on Sc2mapster.
    RE requiring a prior Blizzard title to get into the Beta, IMHO if you haven't had D2 for at least 3 months, you shouldn't even be considered, since you are not familiar with the Diablo games.

RE Pillars in PvP, you said there is no chanelling in D3.

If a Wizard does a constant disintegrate, it gets stronger the longer it's held down, and the Wizard can't move. If it's at its srongest level, and the Melee char hides behind a pillar, this will force the Wizard to cancel the disintegrate, reducing the damage.
    -= Reelix =-
    They could add cooldowns to TP's just like they did to skills. One of the ways to prevent spamming etc.
    I maybe wrong though.
    "God? What's that?"
    Just a few thoughts on the discussion:
    Regarding TPs taking away atmosphere of the game:
    I'd agree on that IF we had to fight on with broken gear and being low on health to get to the next waypoint before TPs were re-incorporated, but I think it more likely worked like you could always run back to the last waypoint to get to town. So in that case TPs are just a convenience matter as Bashiok said.

Thinking about the game shops:
    I've played a few f2p titles and my experience is: Even if the companies started out with good intentions like just selling outfits instead of equipment they couldn't keep that up as they weren't making enough profit.
    Selling equipment earned them 3x the profit they made before so I'm surely not fond of the idea of any shops at all.

About Beta registration:
    Of course you need a registered game, what else is there to keep ppl from creating like 20 accounts with different hardware setups to increase their chance to get beta keys which they then can sell on ebay?
    Even now many players make multiple accounts and register each account with just one game, change their hardware, run the tool and apply for beta again. This way Blizzard can at least limit this to a few accounts since you would have to buy a game for each account. Then again even this might be profitable if you could sell the keys for enough money...
    At least it will keep some of them at bay.

Edit: I think the beta invites will be bound to your account so they wouldn't sell keys but account details, just to be exact.
    And I really like your cast, keep it up guys ^^
    "You claim to have spoken with Lachdanan? He was a great hero during his life. Lachdanan was an honorable and just man who served his King faithfully for years. But of course, you already know that. Of those who were caught within the grasp of the King's curse, Lachdanan would be the least likely to submit to the Darkness without a fight, so I suppose that your story could be true. If I were in your place, my friend, I'd find a way to release him from his torture." - Deckard Cain
    Quote from Reelix

RE requiring a prior Blizzard title to get into the Beta, IMHO if you haven't had D2 for at least 3 months, you shouldn't even be considered, since you are not familiar with the Diablo games.

RE Pillars in PvP, you said there is no chanelling in D3.

If a Wizard does a constant disintegrate, it gets stronger the longer it's held down, and the Wizard can't move. If it's at its srongest level, and the Melee char hides behind a pillar, this will force the Wizard to cancel the disintegrate, reducing the damage.

I think the problem with requiring you to have Diablo 2 for the beta is that many people that love D2 may have stopped playing before they ever had the ability to add CD keys to battle.net or may have simply lost jewel cases. I am totally behind them having to own SOMETHING, though.
    Quote from ZombieMuse
    I think the problem with requiring you to have Diablo 2 for the beta is that many people that love D2 may have stopped playing before they ever had the ability to add CD keys to battle.net or may have simply lost jewel cases. I am totally behind them having to own SOMETHING, though.

Well I didn't even know I could do that in the first place because I only played vanilla WOW for 6 months and have since then only played D1 and D2 in Singleplayer, so there was no need for me to create a BNET-Account.
    I've changed that 2 months ago and added my games to the list so although I own D2 since release my account states that I added that game 2011.
    So a date check would make no sense but a check if D2 has been registered would also take the "unfair" advantage away from users creating multiple accounts (with one registered game to increase their chances on beta access) and so I would like that ;-)
    At least for the first one/two waves of beta invites.
    "You claim to have spoken with Lachdanan? He was a great hero during his life. Lachdanan was an honorable and just man who served his King faithfully for years. But of course, you already know that. Of those who were caught within the grasp of the King's curse, Lachdanan would be the least likely to submit to the Darkness without a fight, so I suppose that your story could be true. If I were in your place, my friend, I'd find a way to release him from his torture." - Deckard Cain
    I think owning a blizzard game is enough (other than the WoW trial, which is why some of my friends got the sc2 beta). Lots of people are going to buy D3 who didn't own D2, so blizzard should hear the opinions of newbies as well as veterans . Just my opinion but.. yeah
    Check me out on Sc2mapster.
    Would you guys consider speculating on the the "D3 leak" on the next DiabloCast..?
    And which D3 leak is this?
    -= Reelix =-
    http://d3hereagain.wordpress.com/

Some guy claiming he knows stuff...
    Well they've already given that guy enough attention as it is so I don't think they'll waste their time.
    Quote from _Landstalker_

http://d3hereagain.wordpress.com/

Some guy claiming he knows stuff...

Link To Quote From Bashiok

Quote from "Bashiok" »

It's super fake.

You'd also think that with "an overwhelming amount of questions coming in" - He'd keep the same URL... :P
    -= Reelix =-
    "Nothing feels better than Diablo in my head and my hand"

What is wrong with you?! :D
    The day you hit them all is the day you stop improving.

Quote from "Dubs427" »

D3 is like god - everyone keeps talking about it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes