Portals Still In?

I'm thinking a cooldown and not being able to cast in combat would solve the problems.

Since we are referring to WoW, I'm thinking akin to the Hearthstone. Long cooldown so you make each use count.
    Quote from Wingless

I'm thinking a cooldown and not being able to cast in combat would solve the problems.

Since we are referring to WoW, I'm thinking akin to the Hearthstone. Long cooldown so you make each use count.

Me too. That is, really, the most simple way to counter the issues regarding TPs.

Also, control the "flow" of total TPs in the game, so we don't end up with crazyness like this :

The guy on the screen says "huuh...WHERE do I go"
    This is quite bad though maybe it was inevitable TP shouldnt have returned so the game could be a little bit harder. So now that they have returned I think that a cooldown , a restriction on their usage, a channeling time and some other things should be done to them. I also hate that they have removed the scroll of wealth. This game is becoming MORE AND MORE LIKE DIABLO 2.
    Quote from Maxxanova

This is quite bad though maybe it was inevitable TP shouldnt have returned so the game could be a little bit harder. So now that they have returned I think that a cooldown , a restriction on their usage, a channeling time and some other things should be done to them. I also hate that they have removed the scroll of wealth. This game is becoming MORE AND MORE LIKE DIABLO 2.

TP's won't work in certain areas, and under certain conditions. I think its a safe bet they won't work in boss-rooms. Aside from that, they probably can't be made -in-combat.

I honestly can't see what else should be done to balance TP's. We can't TPPK anymore anyways.
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    why dont they just put some magic npc guy in the town that opens 1 way portals to your friends for some money fee

and in order to get to them u must already have that part of the map explored
    Quote from Astion

Quote from Maxxanova

TP's won't work in certain areas, and under certain conditions. I think its a safe bet they won't work in boss-rooms. Aside from that, they probably can't be made -in-combat.

I honestly can't see what else should be done to balance TP's. We can't TPPK anymore anyways.

Does this mean that only Boss fights will be challenging in the normal and nightmare difficulties?
    Quote from spaceninja123

why dont they just put some magic npc guy in the town that opens 1 way portals to your friends for some money fee

and in order to get to them u must already have that part of the map explored

They have a 1-way mechanic in game to port you to your friends. (blue on frontpage)

The 2nd part would be pretty bad, that would mean that someone ALWAYS has to wait for their friends to catch up.
    Player A plays for 5 min, Player B joins the game. Player A now as to wait 5 minutes for his friend to catch up. But yeah, it probably won't work throughout different acts if thats what you meant.
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Quote from Maxxanova

Quote from Astion

Quote from Maxxanova

Does this mean that only Boss fights will be challenging in the normal and nightmare difficulties?

Care to explain? I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be challenging in hell anymore....
    Great post man
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
    Twitter: @FreddyBushBoy
    I'm glad they are back becourse removing TP's is almost like removing Diablo from a diablo game to me anyways.

:D

That is if the TP's are back... But I can live without them if I have to.
    I'm fine with TPs, but I really didn't like having to carry around scrolls and books of them just to go back to town. It also seemed really silly to open one when you're about to die and run back to town, while the monsters will just wait for you right where you left them.

I have faith that overall, the returning systems from Diablo 2 will be better in Diablo 3 though. Just look at the difference from Diablo to the second game. If anything, I think they are putting more time and effort into improving the third installment.
    My guess is just like the Followers that will pop in and out of battle when your friends come into and out of your games. You'll see an NPC or multiple NPC's that are just mobile merchants wandering the lands. They'll come by every so often and you'll be able to trade with them if you want.
    Happy times yay!
    Oh portals...... I foresee the secret unicorn level is upon us.
    Good post man...

As far as TP's, I was happy to see them go. If any of you ever played Hell Unleashed (From Soulmancer), TP's were removed and it created a whole new level of combat. It actually created a challenge and there was no escaping. However, this might be problematic for all the new or casual players, but I still think it adds to the game. But, as long as they create a way to sell items while out of town, that takes care of about 90% of the reasons I used TP's in D2 (other than buying back my merc who just got pwned by iron maiden)...

Lets just hope its not something that can be exploited...
    ~ Some people are still alive only because it is illegal to kill them ~
    This pleaces me :D

So in a few words. We will only go back to town to hand out quests? Or are there new things to remplace the pot and selling trips back to town? I mean we now know we wont go back to sell but what about buying and improving our crafters?
    Quote from PwnMcG

This pleaces me :D

So in a few words. We will only go back to town to hand out quests? Or are there new things to remplace the pot and selling trips back to town? I mean we now know we wont go back to sell but what about buying and improving our crafters?

If you are talking about replacing potions, yes, they have replaced potions with health globes that will drop randomly from monsters as you kill them; thus, preventing the need to go back to town to stock up...

They did say in the post that there will still be a way to sell items along the way without having to go back to town, so we will just have to see what that is...

So really, the only reason to go back to town is to get quests, buy items, upgrade/trade with crafters, etc....
    ~ Some people are still alive only because it is illegal to kill them ~
    I think ( and i hope so ) that you will only be able to use them when you are out of commbat!
    Your mom' is awesome , i know ;)
    Quote from EndersGameD3

Oh portals...... I foresee the secret unicorn level is upon us.

This post is pure win.
    Quote from Lethal_Weapon

yes, they have replaced potions with health globes that will drop randomly from monsters as you kill them; thus, preventing the need to go back to town to stock up...

I wouldn't be so sure about that after the news on TPs.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes