Diablo Lore Series Part 1

Need to catch up on the lore covering the World of Sanctuary in time for Diablo III? Want to see some badass fanart (including from our own Umpa)? Let us join Force as he takes a look at Diablo's history (pre-D1), in part one of this three part lore series, covering the conflict between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells, and Sanctuary's role in between.

The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Very cool, keep it up!
    The images are also very well selected.
    My english sucks.
    I enjoyed this post a lot, however, when mankind is indeed given a chance to chose sides by their own, it should also be said that Mephisto's blood is by now in the Worldstone and that Sanctuary belongs to Hell, the Worldstone actively prevents Angels or Demons coming into Sanctuary but since the pact after Uldyssian's sacrifice. The Prime Evils are able to come into Sanctuary, as they are banished by Azmodan and Belial who seek control over Hell, basically Mephisto dies killing one quarter of Hell's minions and respawns into Sanctuary because of his blood being in the Worldstone, alongside his brothers (what happens in Hell at the moment should be quite interesting). Also Tyrael being a renegade among the angels is trying to help mankind fight the demons on Earth but without the consent of The Angiris Council, who looks upon Nephilim as a great sin (also it is called Sin War because it is a war for control over the Nephilim who in the eyes of Heaven are the result of the ultimate Sin, breeding between Angels and Demons), I guess all this can still be explained when the consequences of destroying the Worldstone are analyzed, I just felt that it might be important to the next game and not just a bunch of details from the books, which I recommend to everyone because they are an awesome read.

Anyways, great pictures, and a good comprehensive post for those who are not as familiar with Diablo Lore.
    This is awesome. Very well done Force!

I've seen most (if not all) of your vids concerning D3, and although i love getting updates about new features in D3, this video takes the cake! I've always played d1 and d2, but never read the books. So i didnt know all that much about the lore. this vid explains so much! Great work and thnx
    Awseome. Very well done.

I always found it funny how much the story resembles our earth's ancient history in one way or another.

Loved the video, sad it's over. :P
    great job!
    Really cool video, thanks. Keep up the good work!
    You either die as a hero or live long enough to see yourself as the villain.
    Nice :), I'll definitely keep an eye out for the other parts.
    Nice video. Very useful for people who'd rather listen then read.

Hearing the D1 soundtrack makes me want to play it so badly D:.
    Quote from Daemaro

Loved the video, sad it's over. :P

Just hit play again. That's what I do! :P
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Great stuff.
    <Gr1m> Hey guys. I'm new here.
    <Nekro> Give me your soul.

This forum is full of yahoos! ;)
    Nice. Really enjoyed it.

Good thing I never read the books though- sounds like depressing material.
    win
    I really enjoyed the video! :-) Moremoremore! =)
    Looking forward to part 2 and 3 :)
    Periculum has spoken.

Thank you Caniroth for the awesome Signature
    REally cool! cant wait for the next part
    Sometimes you don't always know where you stand... until you know that you won't run away.
    Who made the Lilith artwork? looked awesome anyways! :)
    Quote from Sixen

Need to catch up on the lore covering the World of Sanctuary in time for Diablo III? Want to see some badass fanart (including from our own Umpa)? Let us join Force as he takes a look at Diablo's history (pre-D1), in part one of this three part lore series, covering the conflict between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells, and Sanctuary's role in between.

Awesome recap. Well done Force. Thx for posting Sixen.
    great idea! Great job, I've never read any of the books but this made me interested. Perhaps I'll go pick up a copy
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes