DiabloCast: Episode X - They Help You Play With Yourself

Happy 10th Episode, DiabloFans! In this episode, we cleared up all loose ends we left in the last episode about our speculation on the Followers System, as Blizzard just recently officially released it. In addition, we talk a bit about the upcoming event, BlizzCon! If you missed the ninth episode, you can check it out here. Otherwise, the tenth episode covered the following topics:

The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    This podcast is 1/3rd as cool as the rest of 'em without Scyber. ;) jk, lovin' it. Thanks for posting guys. See you at BlizzCon 2011!

Oh, and I'll be playing SP as well as MP right off the bat. (note that I mean SP online)
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    I can't stop looking at the title in a weird way...
    They help me play with myself while I play with myself.
    Thanks! Can't wait to listen to this :)
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
    Twitter: @FreddyBushBoy
    A nice podcast as usual, I understand why it was shortened a bit since there obviously haven't been any new information since the follower system was revealed :P

Also: "They Help You Play With Yourself", I find that kinda funny for some reason B)
    Although there isn't really extremely much news and info around to cover. I gotta say that it's still interesting to listen to you guys. Keep up the good work. :)

Swedish viking, lol. I'm definately going to start using that phrase.
    [youtube] T3hMusicGuru
    [playlist] Diablo III Music

Signature by Caniroth.
    Nice to hear your guy's take on it. Hopefully, the lack of new stuff from Blizzard means they are hard at work getting D3 ready for beta.
    Slash 'n Blast - RPG Character Builds & Analysis
    Quote from Thander

Nice to hear your guy's take on it. Hopefully, the lack of new stuff from Blizzard means they are hard at work getting D3 ready for beta.

I got a feeling in my tummy that something else will be announced next week.

Purely my opinion.
    Is there a limit to the digital feed tickets? I would think there isn't but i just wanted to be clear lest I miss my chance to get them. Also for the feed can I load it up so if my connection hates me that day I don't miss anything?

Sorry I just heard the info I need on the video please disregard......

Hay! my follower keeps getting 1 shot... I'll go play online with someone. Wait... he's running off doing his own thing so much for co-op....

**************************************************************************************************
    There was a question here... I found the answer. >
    **************************************************************************************************

Have you ever sat at your computer pressing F5 every so often hoping there was an answer to your forum question? lol makes me feel like I should have better things to do. o.o

P.S. how can i get a Monk animated avatar like " Gaurav Bhattacharjee " has the Barb. (Thank you Gaurav Bhattacharjee and others for answers)
    |
    |
    V

"How many copies of D2 can Tyler shove up his ass??"

That should be the next DiabloFans poll. Why??? Because Kevin loves it!!! :D
    "God? What's that?"
    Quote from akainu

Is there a limit to the digital feed tickets? I would think there isn't but i just wanted to be clear lest I miss my chance to get them. Also for the feed can I load it up so if my connection hates me that day I don't miss anything?

As stated in the Podcast by Force, there shouldnt be any limit to the feed tickets, as u call them, the only possible reason for that could be bandwidth problems and i dont think, thats gonna happen. And i believe, it was also said in the Podcast, you can rewatch all the videos as often as u want, so if u miss something or if your connection just isnt up to a live feed that day, you can watch it afterwards as often as u want. At least thats what i think :P

Quote from akainu

Sorry I just heard the info I need on the video please disregard......

Lol, i just read this after answering to you. Sorry :P

Quote from akainu

Hay! my follower keeps getting 1 shot... I'll go play online with someone. Wait... he's running off doing his own thing so much for co-op....

You're right about this, but there's always the right ppl to play with and the wrong ones. You just need to find some of the right type and make friends with them, its not that difficult :D

Quote from akainu

Have you ever sat at your computer pressing F5 every so often hoping there was an answer to your forum question? lol makes me feel like I should have better things to do. o.o

Oh yes, i have. Plenty of times :P

Quote from akainu

P.S. how can i get a Monk animated avatar like " Gaurav Bhattacharjee " has the Barb.
    |
    |
    V

I really don't know, sorry :P Maybe just upload an animated pic, say, a gif.file as avatar?
    Periculum has spoken.

Thank you Caniroth for the awesome Signature
    Quote from akainu

P.S. how can i get a Monk animated avatar like " Gaurav Bhattacharjee " has the Barb.

You can try this link. :)

"God? What's that?"
    Quote from AcidReign

They help me play with myself while I play with myself.

Xzibit in da house
    Such a shame about those poor harem girls, huh? I shall miss them deeply... I mean their conversations, of course.
    I could listen to these podcasts every day for over an hour easily. I love them so much. Keep it up guys! <3
    In terms of the follower system you held, I'd like to draw a parallel to the usual balance between hardcore and casual content.

I'll exemplify with WoW raiding. The argument was greatly raised in the past that lots of content and lore was made exclusive to raiders and that casuals had no way to experiencing this. In a way, they felt cheated off content and, sometimes more importantly, story. The raiders of course always retorted that this was how it was supposed to be.

The issue has, as far as I can telll, largely been resolved since WotLK with raids receiving Heroic modes, spreading the content to most players interested.

Compare this to our follower system. The argument is the same, except this time the hardcore audience is on the losing edge, since here is content and story that's offered specifically to the casual player, or mostly to the casual at least. It's an interesting situation I feel, and something you rarely see in games.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes