Male Demon Hunter - Coming by Next Week?

Ever since BlizzCon 2010 and the announcement of the fifth and final class for the initial Diablo III release, we have been patiently waiting to see the male version of the DiabloWiki.com - Demon Hunter Demon Hunter. There is an ongoing discussion on our forums regarding the Male Demon Hunter's appearance based on his silhouette that was present back in BlizzCon 2010 demo.

The outline, which can be seen to the right seems to indicate that at least back then the character was quite slim in build, had medium hair and wore what could only be described as ostentatiously big boots.

The finalized version of the character is prone to have ended up being quite different to this original model, but it serves as a nice starting point for imagining what he'll look like. Another piece of reference material is this piece of concept art that we saw during BlizzCon 2010, and which seems to depict an early version of the Male DH.

However, fret no more. Our wait might be nearing its end. Some moments ago I had what could perhaps be called a discussion with @Diablo regarding the Male counterpart of the ranged class:

Official Blizzard Quote:

DonGuillotine: @Diablo How's the male DH progressing?

Diablo: @DonGuillotine He's doing well. He's supposed to be stopping by sometime next week actually. We'll see. You know how he is.

Official Blizzard Quote:

DonGuillotine: @Diablo Ah, I see. Is he as handsome and tall as they say he is?

Diablo: @DonGuillotine He's definitely some eye candy.

So there we have it. The cat is out of the bag. We might see the male DH as soon as sometime next week.

We should not get ahead of ourselves though. The tweet leaves a lot of room for interpretation and nothing prevents them from reiterating the character model once more and as such postponing its revealing. However, I doubt they would have hinted us with this if the character was months from completion. Who knows?

Judging from @Diablo's latter reply, they have remained steadfast with their course to make the Demon Hunter a visually appearing character. While this choice hasn't avoided its share of criticism, I personally think it fits nicely alongside the other characters.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Male Demon Hunter is perhaps one of the biggest unfinished areas of the game left that we know of alongside the Demon Hunter's actual skills, some of which we were hinted a while back. Although this little tidbit hardly tells us a release date, it tells us that progress is being made.

Are you excited to see the male Demon Hunter?
    One step closer until release...that's all I've got to say ..
    Honestly this is the least exciting model since the female WD :P I already know that we are going to get a spiced up Edward.
    After this we'll have all 10 character models to stare at, wishing we were playing them. One step father to completion.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Follow. . . . . . . . . .Like. . . . . . . . . .Watch. . . . . . . . .Chat

“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” - Albert Einstein
    Good stuff. Hopefully we actually see it next week instead of SoonTM

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    DiabloFans: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Live Chat
    In that picture he looks slim and very agile, just the way i hoped for. The pants and shoes remind me somewhat of the aladdin/Prince of Persia (games not the movie) type of style. Don't know about you guys but I'm excited.
    the eye candy remark ruined it for me. I could understand him being slim and agile, but now it's just some sort of Edward look-a-like
    The male Demon hunter just looks like an undead wow character with skin...

Check out my Diablo 3 videos! --> http://www.youtube.com/Gr1mTV
    That's pretty funny.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

Its scary to, seeing how much Blizzard is taking from wow.
    Check out my Diablo 3 videos! --> http://www.youtube.com/Gr1mTV
    This again? We're gonna criticize them for having a similar silhouette to something from WoW? Really?

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    DiabloFans: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Live Chat
    Quote from thething132

Its scary to, seeing how much Blizzard is taking from wow.

"You got your World of Warcraft in my Diablo!"
    "You got your Diablo on my World of Warcraft!"

It never ends, this shit.

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence
    The UD male is a lot more hunched than the DH silhouette.
    No one REALLY wants to get into this over and over again, but it does reminds us of how the dev team had made its fan base screaming at each other through the development.

There's a reason why this goes on and on, the texture they choose, the absences of the medieval theme, character attributes auto distribution.

And there's certain sensible aspect to why Blizzard is "naturally" making everything so aggressive for debate. It is to expand its product's market without the exclusive needs to match the standard of the cult followers for d2/d1.

So a hunk for DH makes the charc more approachable for general public, but lesser meanings for cult fan base.
    Well, people have different opinions. You can't please everyone, and as such you have to make choices that will at the end of the day piss some people off. And I think the "HC Diablo fans" group of people isn't that homogeneous. I would consider myself a HC fan as any, but I can see the good side of the automatically assigned character stats.

The thing is that most of the fanbase haven't played the game and won't be playing it before the actual release. As such, people only know how things were back in DI/DII and to every change there is a loud group of people resisting this change with a knee-jerk reaction. Probably because they cannot play the changed version and as such cannot compare the two. Old ways are better and stuff like that.
    Quote from Don_guillotine

Well, people have different opinions. You can't please everyone, and as such you have to make choices that will at the end of the day piss some people off. And I think the "HC Diablo fans" group of people isn't that homogeneous. I would consider myself a HC fan as any, but I can see the good side of the automatically assigned character stats.

The thing is that most of the fanbase haven't played the game and won't be playing it before the actual release. As such, people only know how things were back in DI/DII and to every change there is a loud group of people resisting this change with a knee-jerk reaction. Probably because they cannot play the changed version and as such cannot compare the two. Old ways are better and stuff like that.

Some people are just afraid of change and progression. They have a hard time visualizing how the change will actually play out so they reject it.
    This is good, hopefully he won't look gayish rather than slick and confident or something like that.
    "No amount of advance planning will ever replace dumb luck."
    Quote from leftfoot

Some people are just afraid of change and progression. They have a hard time visualizing how the change will actually play out so they reject it.

Bite me.
    Hmmm, something happended here and it happend fast.

I think my post was deleted immediately after it is online. Is that really necessary?

I see people said a lot worst than the playful two sentence I used. see one post uses bastard on others, and I'm certainly not being judgemental like someone who I was referring to.

Really have to go that far?
    Quote from soka313

This is good, hopefully he won't look gayish rather than slick and confident or something like that.

If he matches hes female counterpart this will not be the case, and I suspect that he will.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes