Top 5 Best Diablo Clones

The only one of the five that I have played was Sacred. I liked it, it had a lot more questing and areas to explore, one of the characters could fly for a bit and the dragon bosses where a challenge (even though most of the rest of the game was a bit easy). I didn't care much for the mounts, they were expensive and usually died quickly, so I usually just hoofed it. The spell stacking combos were pretty lame too, it took a really long time to regenerate after using them just once (for me anyway). I did like the fact that you could choose options of some of the quests and it would affect your next "steps" in the game.

Sacred Underground was pretty lame though. I was hoping it would add a harder section for that upgrade but it was extremely easy to beat. There was only one area I thought was hard and that was up in the forest area (I don't remember the name of it, but it was near the top of the map.) I did like the tree top area, that was a lot of fun.
    Smiling is infectious.

Give, expecting nothing thereof. ------------ BoD - Come have some fun!
    Folks will always come and go, so enjoy them while they're meant to be in your life.

Quote from "Alcovitch" »
    Most of those games suck. And yes, I've played just about all of them.

All the rest in the list just really lack serious polish and just that fun factor.

Why does Divine Divinity suck? It's actually an RPG, and has a much deeper, fully realized world, plenty of ways to play, and a lot more character interaction.

Seriously, Diablo and Diablo 2 are hardly what I would consider deep games.

Some of those games are Diablo clones, but Divine Divinity is a completely different animal. Anyone who has actually put some time into it would realize its definitely one of the best RPGs ever released.
    Punchifying crotches since 1987.

Vote:
    http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17929
    Quote from "Stormcat" »
    The only one of the five that I have played was Sacred. I liked it, it had a lot more questing and areas to explore, one of the characters could fly for a bit and the dragon bosses where a challenge (even though most of the rest of the game was a bit easy). I didn't care much for the mounts, they were expensive and usually died quickly, so I usually just hoofed it. The spell stacking combos were pretty lame too, it took a really long time to regenerate after using them just once (for me anyway). I did like the fact that you could choose options of some of the quests and it would affect your next "steps" in the game.

Sacred Underground was pretty lame though. I was hoping it would add a harder section for that upgrade but it was extremely easy to beat. There was only one area I thought was hard and that was up in the forest area (I don't remember the name of it, but it was near the top of the map.) I did like the tree top area, that was a lot of fun.

that character who could fly was Demoness. and yes i agree the game was too easy to beat ;) tho large map was great :)

mounts are effective only with range attackers that would be elf - my fav char

dwarf was kickass too :D
    Sacred's big mistake was making the spells item based. You didn't have as much control over your character as you would if you selected what to excel in.

A much better way to go about it would be to make the first level of a skill require an item/tome of some sort, and then each level thereafter be chosen to be upgraded.

I remember never finding the spells I wanted as a battle mage, and despite being able to combine and convert other spell items into the right ones, I never had enough to make the character I wanted. I hope it's fixed in Sacred 2.

Vote:
    Quote from "goodguy8705" »
    Sacred's big mistake was making the spells item based. You didn't have as much control over your character as you would if you selected what to excel in.

A much better way to go about it would be to make the first level of a skill require an item/tome of some sort, and then each level thereafter be chosen to be upgraded.

I remember never finding the spells I wanted as a battle mage, and despite being able to combine and convert other spell items into the right ones, I never had enough to make the character I wanted. I hope it's fixed in Sacred 2.

btw there is a bug - duping those spell items. u can find on internet ;)
    Quote from "Jeru5" »
    btw there is a bug - duping those spell items. u can find on internet ;)

Cheating doesn't make the game any better. I prefer not to cheat regardless.

Vote:

good one good guy :thumbsup:
    Elder Scrolls series can not possibly be a Diablo clone, because the first ones came out before Diablo I did.
    were can i buy/get titan quest asap (online)
    im waiting for sacred2.. but im very worried if it will run on nice graphics...
    Quote from "okok9" »
    im waiting for sacred2.. but im very worried if it will run on nice graphics...

I'm in the Sacred 2 beta. Game kinda sucks to be honest. Beta is a bit of a mess too. You regularly have to download like 4 to 8 gigs worth of the game. I stopped when they required me to download 15GB when the game itself is a 12GB file.

It's basically the original Sacred (right down to a carbon copy of the interface) in 3D. It's not a very polished experience thus far.
    Why does Divine Divinity suck? It's actually an RPG, and has a much deeper, fully realized world, plenty of ways to play, and a lot more character interaction.

Seriously, Diablo and Diablo 2 are hardly what I would consider deep games.

Some of those games are Diablo clones, but Divine Divinity is a completely different animal. Anyone who has actually put some time into it would realize its definitely one of the best RPGs ever released.

Isn't Divine Divinity the infamous game that would delete your entire C drive if you tried to uninstall it? Top notch coding there.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, DD was more an Isometric RPG like Baldurs Gate etc. Thats not the same as Diablo.

One of the greatest RPG's of all time was probably Planescape: Torment.

ok... then go collect them, cuz its pain in the ass to find them ;)
    Quote from "Alcovitch" »
    sacred? :)

Can you shortly tell your opinion from 1 to 10..
    1. weapons armor?
    2. enviroment
    3. mobs, chars..enemies? interesting?
    4. spells, effects? skills?
    :) i dont like then game eats so much space...
    Quote from "Alcovitch" »
    Isn't Divine Divinity the infamous game that would delete your entire C drive if you tried to uninstall it? Top notch coding there.

That's Pool of Radience. DD never had that problem.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, DD was more an Isometric RPG like Baldurs Gate etc. Thats not the same as Diablo.

Somewhat. It had dialogue trees and things like that. It was a mix of Baldur's Gate, Diablo 2 and Ultima VII.

In terms of it being BG, it had dialogue trees, repercussions, alignment, etc.

In terms of Diablo 2, it had a Diablo-like combat system (click to swing), and skill tree

In terms of Ultima VII, you could move the environment around and interact with everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hellforge: Forging a passion for video games.
    Quote from "Alcovitch" »
    I'm in the Sacred 2 beta. Game kinda sucks to be honest. Beta is a bit of a mess too. You regularly have to download like 4 to 8 gigs worth of the game. I stopped when they required me to download 15GB when the game itself is a 12GB file.

It's basically the original Sacred (right down to a carbon copy of the interface) in 3D. It's not a very polished experience thus far.

Awwww damn, I was hoping it would be a lot different, more challenging. I was looking forward to this one. Hopefully they can "fix" it before its release in November (unless they changed it again.) - lol yeah right
    Smiling is infectious.

Give, expecting nothing thereof. ------------ BoD - Come have some fun!
    Folks will always come and go, so enjoy them while they're meant to be in your life.

I haven't even heard of most of those. Guess I've been playing too much D2 to look for them. Would be nice to try them out though.

What happened to all the platform clones, Baldur's gate etc.? Was this only for PC games?
    what about shadowflare??
    Quote from "Alcovitch" »

Nope. Good try though.

Vote:
    Quote from "Alcovitch" »
    1) Isn't Divine Divinity the infamous game that would delete your entire C drive if you tried to uninstall it? Top notch coding there.

2) Besides, if I'm not mistaken, DD was more an Isometric RPG like Baldurs Gate etc. Thats not the same as Diablo.

3) One of the greatest RPG's of all time was probably Planescape: Torment.

1) Huh?
    2) Correct. (not really like BD either though)
    3) Profit! I mean, correct.
    Dro Lyag
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes