Bashiok Says: No Mana/Health Leech

thank the lord

mana/hp leech + chugging pots is the only way to play in d2 nowadays cus the mobs will 2 shot you. :(
    I've been hovering over this site for some time now, but have never made an account name.

When I saw this thread I figured it was time I joined this site.

I've played the game for 8 years, Grush and UBER daily, and I have leet ltp zzzzzz gear.

And first off, let me say that Blizzard is totally screwing up with D3.

First these dumb God of War health orbs, and now no Mana/life leech?

I want my pots back. The ONLY thing that is good about these dumb orbs is it will stop all the nubs from potting during duels. Other than that they suck, and no life/mana leech also sucks.

If they screw this game I've been waiting 7 years for anymore I'm going to disown Blizzard.

My suggestion to Blizzard:

Bring Blizzard North back. Now. You need it.
    Quote from "JimiAlmighty" »
    I've been hovering over this site for some time now, but have never made an account name.

I've played the game for 8 years, Grush and UBER daily, and I have leet ltp zzzzzz gear.

I want my pots back. The ONLY thing that is good about these dumb orbs is it will stop all the nubs from potting during duels. Other than that they suck, and no life/mana leech also sucks.

If they screw this game I've been waiting 7 years for anymore I'm going to disown Blizzard.

removing broken features and replacing them with something that makes the game more interesting/fun/challenging is hardly screweing up.

What you and everyone like you have to understand is that Diablo 3 isnt an expansion of Diablo 2. Its not Diablo 2.5 we're talking about, its Diablo 3. New game needs new features. They keep the things that are good and change the stuff that made the game boring on the long run.

Life/Mana leech pretty much ruined the gameplay since all you had to do as a non spellcaster character was build around it. You wouldnt die unless you went to bosses that could 1 shot you (see ubers). Thats barely a challenge and thats barely fun. I'm glad that these guys didnt hesitate to create something new.

And as of Blizzard North... 1/3 of the team is still there working for Diablo 3. The rest that left, judging by the result of Hellgate: London and the complete disaster of Flagship Studios (with the studio closing in the end), i'm glad they arent working in Diablo 3. Hellgate was the very definition of a boring game with almost nothing interesting in it.
    Which also speaks for the randomness and dark/gritty looks "some" people are asking for Diablo 3.

Good thing Blizzard knows whats best for their games.

Many thanks to Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    Quote from "JimiAlmighty" »

Wait... so you're saying that removing the neigh invincibility and general OP-ness of a game is a bad thing? Why make a game challenging when you can just win all the time! That sound perfect! While we're at it... lets go ahead and add Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right Left, Right, A, B, Select Start for god mode, 1000% MF rings, and allow for hacking mods just for the hell of it.

/sarcasm

Seriously though, this is a great plus due to the fact of game balancing. They removed potions to provide a different sense of survivability and gameplay. No longer will you just drop a TP, run back to Akara or Malah to grab el-cheapo potions, go back into the TP and get back to the fight with your almost infinate life // mana. All it costs you is a bit of gold, and as we all know, just do one Hell Baal run, stay behind and clean up the mess left after the minions and you have enough gold to buy 20 stacks of potions, both health and mana.

No, this is a great change. It's more suited to tactical gameplay and intuitive response rather than broken mouse syndrome.

A+ Blizzard, keep it up.

-------------------------------------------
    Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
    I agree. I loved leeching in DiabloII, but I think it is for the best if it is taken out. I'm hoping that it'll make walling as a physical charcter (Ex. the Barbarian) more reliant on brute force and constant damage and a lot of health and massive defense rather than just stacking health and then relying on leeching it back when you get hurt.

One becomes strong when they are fighting to protect someone close to them... - Shiro Haku
    Well, if you look at it this way, the only way to survive against the impossible odds of one hit kills and overpowered enemies is the usage of an endless supply of potions and the usage of life leech and mana leech. Potions have to be preferred for your casters because leech doesn't affect spells unless you use +mana after each kill... and even then that's almost a moot point in hell due to the fact that mobs don't die as frequently as in Normal and Nightmare difficulties.

Because of those facts, and the fact that they are wanting to move into a more tactical mindset, where you have to actually understand your opponent and how you are going to kill them in the environment and the amount of mobs in the area that you are killing them.... you will have to approach the fight in a different manner rather than "Run to the center, Hammer, Hammer, Hammer, Hammer"... The new way is definitely better than the old way, imo.

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
    They already nerfed leech in 1.10. If you play classic as a barb it is painfull to get enough leech for hell. Many times you have to rely on sigon's set 10%ll 2 piece bonus. Imo this nerf sucks, but it doesn't mean it sucks in D3 to not have leech because the whole system is different. But the nerf for D2 was unbalancing issue for melee.

Mana leech isn't needed as a barb since you have Fury, which in the trailer at least seemed to regen fast.

ps. JimiTheAlmight mr leet d2 player, you should have not made the account.. at least your first post was a fail!
    Diablo 3 Hardcore: 60 Demon Hunter 60(7) Barb
    RIP:50 Demon Hunter 60 (5) Barb
    Bashiok was recently interviewed at incgamers where he discussed aspects of Diablo III ranging from its new health orb system to other aspects of gameplay. One of the subjects he touched base upon was the health/mana leech system that most of us have been used to in Diablo II, to which he said:

Quote:
    Well, health and mana leach may not come back. There's balance issues, and they may not make it into Diablo III

herpes treatment
    May not return because of ballance, doesnt mean WILL NOT. and why is your link herpes treatment? Your creepy... and its ur first post, advertisement.
    Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
    wait we dont have potions or life leach?!?!?!?!? WTF!!!!! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE BOSSES!??!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes