1. How many skills will be available per class? And what is the max on those skills? (ie 20 in Diablo 2)
2. Will Diablo 3 use a "Create new game" system similar to Diablo 2 whenever we wish to play? And if so, will there be a "Records" area, (i.e. You have killed Baal xx times, You have died xx times... etc.)
3. Approximately how long should Diablo 3 last when played out from begining to end?
4. With Diablo 3 and Battle.net 2.0 coming, will there be an option for a "Global stash" for all your characters so we can eliminate the need for "Mules" and creating unnecessary games?
As of right now this is all I can think of, Bolded questions are most pertinent.
[quote name='DarthKarnage']I would like to ask them what there reaction was (if any) to the childish reactions of the many internet users regarding the graphics of the new game.
Unnecessary, and somewhat belligerent
[quote name='Ninjy']The one I've been dying to get an answer to: Will Diablo III sport an Achievements system, possibly through Battle.net? Achievements are a great way of enhancing gameplay. They could assign minor bonuses to each unlocked achievement, or reasonable bonuses and let you pick which ones you want to have active. (Edit) I'm also wondering if Diablo 3 will feature an optional full-screen transparent map of the area, that can be enabled and disabled with the press of a key. These can be very useful. Can't wait. ^^
I think both are great ideas! I personally love achievement bonusses (it doesnt even have to affect your character or anything in my opinion.) Just some kind of stats tracker or something would be great.
And yeah the transparent map is a great thing!
1.) When are we going to hear more about the new character classes?
2.) When are we going to hear more about the lore/storyline of Diablo III?
3.) When are we going to see a playable build of Diablo III?
4.) What is the deal with the Bararian's Mana globe?
5.) Is the Barbarian voiced by David Thomas?
6.) Will there be an option to switch between the new, skills hot-bar and the classic, Diablo potion belt?
7.) Is the inventory system final, or will there be an option to switch between the 1 slot, 1 item, system and the classic grid system?
8.) Are the physics, and environment going to play a big part in Diablo III, such as heavily damaging, or even killing, a boss or opening a path to a new, secret, area, or are they only going to be utilized in a few scenarios to take out a few enemies here and there, as shown in the trailer?
9.) What is your, Blizzard Entertainment's, reaction to the recent petition criticising the current art direction of Diablo III?
10.) Is the infamous "boss head-bite," a one-hit-kill finisher no matter what, or is it scripted to only happen when a character's health falls below a certain percentage?
Will uniqueitems this time around truly be special? In Diablo 2 many rare items were often more powerful then the uniques, rendering the majority of unique items useless. Will Diablo 3 perhaps make these items more powerful, maybe giving them bonuses exclusive to uniques while making them much more rare as loot?
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
"Strange that you say that the Worldstone must be destroyed. The prophecies said nothing about that. Perhaps all we have fought for will be lost…" - Anya
1: With how popular the WoW UI customization scene has been is there any thought to doing something similar with D3's UI, or will that remain static? I for 1 would welcome UI customization within D3 as I loved working on my own UI within WoW.
[quote name='TimesNewRoman']1: With how popular the WoW UI customization scene has been is there any thought to doing something similar with D3's UI, or will that remain static? I for 1 would welcome UI customization within D3 as I loved working on my own UI within WoW.
Blizzard already confirm this. No UI customization or map making tools. They everyone to play and look how blizzard intended.
1. Do you guys have a team that just works on the new Battle.net system and new methods to prevent cheating?
2. What are youre current ideas for the next 3 classes?
3. Is the game going to be longer, shorter or equal than Diablo 2?
4. How are the following are currently working and youre ideas: PVP, questing, and spell tree.
They've already stated due to battle.nets structure or something along those lines they aren't going to make the UI customizable like WoW.
My main question deals with item balancing, mostly runewords, Are we going to see runewords in DIII; How are runewords going to differ from unique loot( same scale, balanced at a more powerful point, etc. )
edit: And another one; Item sets; are we going to be seeing those at all?, and if so are they going to play a more significant part in game play, ( most of the item sets from d2 couldn't compare to the caliber of even some of the mildest runewords )
Any thought on the subject as far as item balance goes and how they're working that out is what I'm mostly getting at. Feel free to pick my question apart.
1. Are you considering reworking some parts of the artistic design due to (un?)popular request? (PLEASE no flamewars over this question )
2. How will skill trees work out, will there still be synergies?
3. Since D3 is said to be a more co-op game, I assume there will be many party-based skills, but what if I wish to solo and those skills become useless (will they?), and through this I would also like to ask how many skills does a class have (on average if the number is different from one class to another)?
4. Since loot is distributed individually will there be a "loot all" button?
5. What is the meaning of the blue/purple gem on the main site, is it just an easter egg or does it actually symbolize something?
6. Will there be a kill counter like in Diablo 1?
7. Are random event objects (as in Shrines from Diablo 1) going to be in?
8. Will Adria be involved in the storyline somehow? Maybe the mother of the girl in the trailer or whatnot?
9. Will unique items play a more significant role in the player's gear, making them really-really unique somewhat like in D1 not more run-of-the-mill put-many-magic-item-properties-in-one-item uniques, and will they have a story or some info attached to them as you want to make it a more lore-centric game than before?
10. Will traps actually be deadly this time 'round and can they be used against enemies as well?
11. Are hirelings in the game? Who is the guy following the barbarian in the gameplay vid just before the summoning of the Thousand Pounder?
12. Will there be spells that manipulate with the environment?
In the long gameplay trailer there is an absence of a really visible 'light radius' as we know it, but in the 'Soul Harvest' skill preview on the website it seems to display a more prominent 'light radius' eminating from the Witch Doctor.
Q: Does light radius become more significant as you travel deeper into dungeons that may not have outside light sources?
1. What's the point of the "skill bar" since skills are assignable to keys in Diablo 2 LOD anyway? It appears more like a step backward as from the current UI there are less asignable slots than in D2 LOD (14 IIRC). It cannot be only to allow pure mouseclick gaming can it? Diablo series is supposed to be an action RPG...
2. The potion belt in D2 was actually pure genius as it limited each character to 16 pots max before they had to retreat. If this has been done away with, does this mean a direct key bind to healing/mana potions in the inventory (as in dungeon seige), and if not, does this mean we have to share slots with skills in the "skill bar" which even more limits our character flexibility?
3. D2 was famous during its time for getting rid of loading times (besides loading your character). Would D3 require extensive load times between areas due to it's more complex nature?
4. The barbarian had to leap over the collapsed walkway. Does this mean the background levels are fully explorable by other players who may have to go down instead of accross? If so, does Diablo 3 do away with levels in dungeons?