Diablo3.com becomes Diablofans.com! Blizzard acquires diablo3.com.

Awsome, I really like the new web theme too =D
    Constructive criticism: From a pure design standpoint, I'm disappointed to see light text on a dark background.
    It's one of my largest pet peeves for web designers. It causes undue eye strain. I know that if it remains as
    such, I'll probably read less here.

Otherwise, I'm like many others, the general design is nice, and it's encouraging that Blizzard wants their
    domain... and we'll likely hear something at WWI.

Please do consider changing the text background color attribute to a light color and making the text
    dark again. Otherwise, cool.

-lostie
    Quote from "Schism" »
    True but why would half the web link to dliablo3 to a domain take over ?

Because in a lot of people's (gaming sites) eyes this is huge. Also MD or Umaro, i can't remember which, said that "Half the web" was a little exaggerated and it was more like "Half the gaming sites."
    "No one gets to heaven 'til they've lived awhile in hell and even then it's rare that you'll be going there."
    I think the cake is a little burnt.
    OOPS!
    Quote from "bob27" »

the cake is a lie
    Quote from "bigtpsychoboy" »
    Because in a lot of people's (gaming sites) eyes this is huge. Also MD or Umaro, i can't remember which, said that "Half the web" was a little exaggerated and it was more like "Half the gaming sites."

Did half the gaming websites link to the other Diablo websites that got taken over in the past?
    Quote from "bob27" »

The cake is a lie.

Anyway, I'll still be watching IRC and here for the next 24 hours, just incase there is actually more..Didn't MD say there was a press release about it or something? I don't see why they would have a press release for a domain name takeover..
    it was not a "little exaggerated, it was completely exaggerated... and, sorry for telling this, diablofans is the cheapest and lamest domain name one could ever get. if you went with diablofanbois, that would be 100 percent better.. i just thought you guys were much cooler than this
    Diablo 3 will be announced at the WWI !!!
    Operation CWAL ! Can't wait any longer
    Nope , its just super-hiper-hyped announcement. I would expect more from people who run this site tbh. I seriously hope this is not all.
    Quote from "Schism" »
    Nope , its just super-hiper-hyped announcement. I would expect more from people who run this site tbh. I seriously hope this is not all.

Fucking VOUCH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Diablo 2 USWEST Ladder/Non-Ladder Softcore Player

*mL_Darkness
    *Hardcore.
    Well, I knew it somehow, so there was no "suprise OMFG-effect" for me ;)

But I'm far from dissapointed! Maybe the 2-weeks-countdown was too much, but I sure had a lot of fun these days! All the speculations, the activity around Diablo 3... yes, I think this was all worth it!

Now I'm even deeper in "Diablo 3 hype moode", so I'm well prepared for the next countdown phase. Road to WWI June 28/29th. Paris, we're coming! :cool:
    apparently this counts as a press release, MD said it in IRC
    Well, at least the site looks kick ass and im glad i fixed my avatar before this happened and now it doesn't look retarded with the background. Also, when is jetrall gonna fix the banner?
    "I'm like a dog chasing cars." - Joker, Dark Knight
    I think why blizz is doing this is because they're trying to buy out and take all the diablo 3 related impostant damains with alot of fans(like this one) and then in a couple of month turn them by pointing the url to the blizz home page, basically just destroying it. So that there are no hopes for D3, because, for instance, they're not even thinking about Diablo anymore. Its not me being pesimistic , but it's what it looks like, i mean look at all the other diablo 3 related sites that were bought off.. they all point to blizzard.com. Think about it, sorry if I offended anyone lol. :(
    The hype was created not just for the announcement, but to bring back people interested in the Diablo franchise. June 29th seems to be a promising date, and with the acquisition of the official diablo3.com domain name, it is to bring hope to those who have waited for any news 7+ years. Be happy with this latest bit of info, and don't scrutinize those who have tried to make the anticipation of diablo3 enjoyable. --seriously, its childish. Special thanks to Umaro, mockery, and Medievaldragon... and those who have put all of this together for us.
    also, those who are disappointed clearly don't realize the significance of this domain name purchase. if you'd been hanging on to every thread of a rumor that popped up the past few years, you'd be starving for something like this. if Blizzard bought Diablo3.com, you can be sure they bought it to use it.
    Quote from "BEM684" »
    apparently this counts as a press release, MD said it in IRC

Yeah, just saw that..:rolleyes:

Oh well..It's good news either way, but I was just hoping for more with all of that hype..
    Quote from "russianKd"" »
    I think why blizz is doing this is because they're trying to buy out and take all the diablo 3 related impostant damains with alot of fans(like this one) and then in a couple of month turn them by pointing the url to the blizz home page, basically just destroying it. So that there are no hopes for D3, because, for instance, they're not even thinking about Diablo anymore. Its not me being pesimistic , but it's what it looks like, i mean look at all the other diablo 3 related sites that were bought off.. they all point to blizzard.com. Think about it, sorry if I offended anyone lol. :(

you're entitled to believe what you will but i don't think that is true at all. Even Richard Knaack said that he "wasn't writing for a dead world" and the evidence that blizzard is working on something related to diablo is compelling.
    "No one gets to heaven 'til they've lived awhile in hell and even then it's rare that you'll be going there."
    This is very good news indeed. It is without the doubt the biggest news concerning Diablo 3.

HOWEVER it was very unnecessarily hyped. The world deal with half the (rpg) web will direct to Diablo3.com?

Um.. no i think half the Web are probably mocking us. I see where the heart is at, trying to revive life into the Diablo Fanbase, but this was very very poor execution. I am happy with the news but very disappointed by the way it was delivered. Unnecessary hype and most of all it actually took almost two weeks to countdown. So we have to naturally assume that the Shadowy character in the banner wasn't anything and the "Xdays until X is shaken" was also NOTHING.

Thanks for the news :) I like the new site, I like the new domain name, I hate the announcement

Top Out
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes