Blizzard buys 1500 Opteron Server.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=576

check it out. it might be for World of Warcraft only.. though I don't think so.

servers for D3 beta? the unannounced beta from Blizzcon!!

: )

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Umaro's 2 Cents

Though I hate to say it, I don't think they would buy that many servers for Diablo 3, yet... that seems a bit overkill for a game that won't see open beta for probably a long peroid of time.

DeMiNe0's 2 Cents

1,500 opteron servers is overkill for ANYTHING. As a network admin and server admin, I know how well opterons work, and how they are suppost to be deployed. It's really hard knowing what blizzard wants to really use them for... I could only imagine... 100 MAX being used for WoW.. Unless they are replacing all of their servers, in which case I guess 400 could be used... 1,500 is just way too many for any company to buy.

Although, they could also just be getting a very good bulk deal on them... but buying servers then waiting to use them is just plan stupid, as you're better off buying somthing current.
    ya im thinkin d3

Though I hate to say it, I don't think they would buy that many servers for Diablo 3, yet... that seems a bit overkill for a game that wont see open beta for probably a long peroid of time.
    David Sontag - Community Master of
    Starcraft 2 - Blizzard News
    maybe they plan on using some of the newer ones to upgrade the slower ones and some to test d3...or they got a sick deal on em they couldnt refuse

hmm i agree i dont think that they would get that much before they even annouce that d3 is coming out
    DB
    Humm this one is a ify its to much info for it to be D3 i dont think they woudl do that...:confused:
    Keep It Real Fellas ........
    Umaro is right. Although it really depends on how Blizzard deals with WOW's upgrades. If they just plan on adding the servers, don't expect anything for D3 yet, but if they are replacing them, the older ones may be enough for a D3 beta, assuming that the beta will support multiplayer.
    Because if the invisible guy the president believes in isn't the real invisible guy then the real invisible guy gets mad and no longer powers our economy with his invisible hand. Jesus, have you never even read anything about economics?
    better be multiplayer or i will flip shit
    DB
    Blizzard better make D3 multiplayer, else i i i...

I will steal copyright!!!!! :(:(
    Very interesting....
    Lord Silver guide us...
    Lord Silver teach us...
    Lord Silver protect us...
    In your light we thrive...
    In your mercy we are sheltered...
    In your wisdom we are humbled...
    We live only to serve...
    Our lives are yours...
    i guess we will all find out soon enough

I just read that even if WOW doubles its current number of servers, there would still be around 1000 leftover.
    Because if the invisible guy the president believes in isn't the real invisible guy then the real invisible guy gets mad and no longer powers our economy with his invisible hand. Jesus, have you never even read anything about economics?
    Ah, you all just excite me with these news! Sources!
    they might be for star craft ghost
    Im Not Usually A Praying Man But If Your Out There.......SAVE ME SUPER MAN
    Im gonna have to agree that these servers are for the WoW expansion that is coming out shortly... noting more, nothing less.
    Lord Silver guide us...
    Lord Silver teach us...
    Lord Silver protect us...
    In your light we thrive...
    In your mercy we are sheltered...
    In your wisdom we are humbled...
    We live only to serve...
    Our lives are yours...
    Someone mentioned that it might be perhaps for the expansion to WoW. Let's hope that it would also be for, at least, D3 Beta.
    d3 beta paaaleasse

They will have more than enough power for beta D3.
    YES!! that's a good thing!
    You fucking retarded ass sonofabitch! You seriously think you could cast a fireball at Gheed just because you were a n00b137 enough to gamble in the beginning of the game? Well i got a few words for you: NOT IN TOWN, MOUTHAFUCKA!
    always is..i still think there gonna replace some older servers and upgrades wows and leave a few for the d3 beta

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes