Blizzcon 2008 Announced

Oh Diablo 3. You're coming. I know you are. In fact, your announcement is just around the corner. What? A girl can dream...
    Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.
    Quote from "waddlez" »
    the 'smoke' picture is the dark portal and some mage/warlock, 2nd one is tassadar before he sacraficed himself to kill the overmind,

END RUMOR

You are absolutely right.

Quote from "waddlez" »
    doubt diablo will be killable in WoD, 2 factions after all

unless you work for the lesser evils and you are off to find the prime evils so the lesser evils can then be prime

hmm the 2nd one sounds more fun

Don't underestimate Blizzard killing off lore characters in their MMOs.
    i think there will be some new diablo game info on Blizzcon 08, WWI will be focused on wow wotlk and SC2.
    I know one thing for sure. I am going to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome! Yes!
    Quote from "Carloseus" »
    I know one thing for sure. I am going to this.

I wanna go too...
    u guys should stop by AZ and pick me up....oh and also they r going 2 announce D3 at WWI because if they didn't and we r right (3 convention halls for the 3 major franchises) then they would have one hall blocked off until the announcement and i don't think they would do that considering how many people they r going 2 have...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hes baaaccckkkk
    Battlenet ID: EDC_TeHAJ

lets do some baal runs
    in the past WWI has been used to announce games and blizzcon to show off what they have of the game so far. I guess they could announce a game at a blizzcon but it wouldn't be nearly as epic lol.
    "No one gets to heaven 'til they've lived awhile in hell and even then it's rare that you'll be going there."
    Quote from "bigtpsychoboy" »
    in the past WWI has been used to announce games and blizzcon to show off what they have of the game so far. I guess they could announce a game at a blizzcon but it wouldn't be nearly as epic lol.

very true....*crosses fingers* oh lawd please lets us haz da diablo 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hes baaaccckkkk

lets do some baal runs
    One thing for sure, something is getting announced. A scheduled WWI and Blizzcon = New Release.

1. SC2 has already been announced, so it is not anything to do with Starcraft franchise
    2. Lich King has already been announced, so it is not anything to do with Warcraft franchise
    3. Diablo is still mentioned in Vivendi, Activision-Blizzard, and press released information
    4. 2001 was the release date of Lord of Destruction, so 7 years is a good number to hope for a new sequel.
    Those before me shall quiver in my wake as I unleash the fury within!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year's event has expanded from two convention halls to three."

it explicitly says the reason for the third hall right there... anyway, I was talking to an old WoW friend on msn the other day after I started playing d2 again... he said that his reliable blizzard source says diablo 3 is in the alpha stage of production.

All speculation aside, I am going with 9/20/09 as the release date of the game.
    LoD USWest Ladder
    *Godlyowner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote from "godlyowner" »
    "In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year's event has expanded from two convention halls to three."

it explicitly says the reason for the third hall right there... anyway, I was talking to an old WoW friend on msn the other day after I started playing d2 again... he said that his reliable blizzard source says diablo 3 is in the alpha stage of production.

lel...everyone and their cousin has a "reliable blizzard source"...
    Arb / Variel
    Yep, not something we do not hear in this forum everyone other day.
    Those before me shall quiver in my wake as I unleash the fury within!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i believe that in a parallel universe my pet parakeet is an evil mastermind that actually owns blizzard and can speak perfect english(not like the owner) with an evil accent, and he tells me that the game will come out sometime between today and the next 100 years, with a strong possibility of an announcement in june and a release in 2009.

anywho, like he said, the extra people they are expecting could very well be diablo fans hungry for diablo gameplay videos that didnt go to previous blizzzzcons.

www.biffexploder.deviantart.com ------------> relax while browsing through my photography / wallpapers gallery.
    Quote from "godlyowner" »

lol i really hope that it is....i really really wanna believe u dude but so many people have said taht!...idk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hes baaaccckkkk

lets do some baal runs
    Considering how many people know people that know employees, I'm wondering how big Blizzard's workforce really is ;)

I'm really interested in Blizz' supposed next-gen MMO anyway at the moment, it seems that a WoW2 is very unlikely, based on how much of the Warcraft lore is already embedded in one of their MMOs. Wouldn't make much sense to have another MMO use the same boundaries when the original is still going strong. SC and Diablo both have some stuff to cover, especially for Diablo if Blizz wants to tie the books and the games together to reveal how the nephalem rediscovered their talents again after "The Veiled Prophet" ending.

Blizzard has something cooking, I doubt they would schedule two events in one year with no new content to add to their company.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    Quote from "TeHAJ" »
    u guys should stop by AZ and pick me up....oh and also they r going 2 announce D3 at WWI because if they didn't and we r right (3 convention halls for the 3 major franchises) then they would have one hall blocked off until the announcement and i don't think they would do that considering how many people they r going 2 have...

Where do you live? We might be able to work something out since I'm in AZ too. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In other news. GDC Keynot by Rob Pardo. June 22 - 24
    http://blizzplanet.com/news/2360/
    FaTE
    Quote from "Carloseus" »
    Where do you live? We might be able to work something out since I'm in AZ too. :D

Iam in tucson....(the 520) lol uhmm where u at?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hes baaaccckkkk

lets do some baal runs
    Well all I gots to say about this is that if the WWI comes and goes and there is nothing about D3 other than the stock vauge answers there will be a lot of boos and hissing I think. A riot? People rushing the stage? Hardly. But there will be some vocal dissapointment methinks. And if there is nothing at the WWI and Blizzcon '08 also has no real Diablo news then there will certainly be a lot of boos and hissing! My guess is the increased demand is people going to hear about D3 and if there is none there will be lots of sad folks!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes