No more game announcements for BlizzCon '07

I personally feel that if Diablo is not even mentioned at this years Blizzcon, that every member at this site (who feels like me) should let blizzard know how much we are disappointed in them. I mean, we actually represent the diablo community, and if blizzard isn't going to respond, we should let them know how we feel. I don't want to hear..."What can we do" bullshit... large groups of people are more powerful then you think. Most of us can write articles posted on blogs ..gaming related websites...form petitions..send emails whatever. Because quite honestly, this years blizzcon (from what I saw the first day via Giga) was boring as hell, and was really a "craft" fest as most other people mentioned. Not only that, but blizzcon was like false advertisement from the beginning. I mean all the help wanted from "diablo 1 and diablo 2 franchise workers", the fucking big ass diablo head sitting on their site when blizzcon was announced as a project, and the fact, that it is supposed to be a convention representing ALL of the blizzard franchises. Can they find any other way to piss us off...I mean seriously.. God forbid they halt production on warcraft...I mean because its really all about the money thats important right? Just let the diablo fans wait and wait...spend 100 bucks to go to your convention..and then bite them in the ass. Yes very nice blizzard...IMO extreme disappointment you've been. I mean they don't even have to "announce" the game really, just give a clue..and at least say SOMETHING about the third franchise. But hey..maybe they do announce it today, and we all look wrong...but its still worth letting them know how we feel.
    i havent slept and wont sleep until i know nothing else happened at blizzcon. i need more gatorade and caffiene pills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote from "LordofTerror12" »
    I personally feel that if Diablo is not even mentioned at this years Blizzcon, that every member at this site (who feels like me) should let blizzard know how much we are disappointed in them. I mean, we actually represent the diablo community, and if blizzard isn't going to respond, we should let them know how we feel. I don't want to hear..."What can we do" bullshit... large groups of people are more powerful then you think. Most of us can write articles posted on blogs ..gaming related websites...form petitions..send emails whatever. Because quite honestly, this years blizzcon (from what I saw the first day via Giga) was boring as hell, and was really a "craft" fest as most other people mentioned. Not only that, but blizzcon was like false advertisement from the beginning. I mean all the help wanted from "diablo 1 and diablo 2 franchise workers", the fucking big ass diablo head sitting on their site when blizzcon was announced as a project, and the fact, that it is supposed to be a convention representing ALL of the blizzard franchises. Can they find any other way to piss us off...I mean seriously.. God forbid they halt production on warcraft...I mean because its really all about the money thats important right? Just let the diablo fans wait and wait...spend 100 bucks to go to your convention..and then bite them in the ass. Yes very nice blizzard...IMO extreme disappointment you've been. I mean they don't even have to "announce" the game really, just give a clue..and at least say SOMETHING about the third franchise. But hey..maybe they do announce it today, and we all look wrong...but its still worth letting them know how we feel.

nice article...
    I literally got a nose bleed from reading this! God damn Blizzard! I still hold some hope for today.. but feel rather crushed :(
    We're still flying. That's not much. It's enough. - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
    I personally don't think company like Blizzard could play with their customers. When it will be ready, then it will be the right time.
    Can you blame Blizzard, if they did not made any official promise for fans?

If you guys try to look like bunch of emos who can't anything to do just cry over Diablo, and blame Blizzard for anything,then you are stupid stupid little k a n ts.
    Rise up The Horns of SIN \m/
    Quote from "blogys" »
    I personally don't think company like Blizzard could play with their customers. When it will be ready, then it will be the right time.

If you guys try to look like bunch of emos who can't anything to do just cry over Diablo, and blame Blizzard for anything,then you are stupid stupid little k a n ts.

Firstly, learn to spell and use grammar correctly.

Secondly, go fuck yourself.

Thirdly, its cunts, not kants.
    Arb / Variel
    Im gonna open a thread in the Diablo III sectio, we get one E-mail, and when its over and they didn't even mentioned it, we send them mass-emails.
    (I mean hell, it hsa been the SECOND convention without any pleasure for Diablo fans, i dont care if they make some Diablo II fan-stuff, but this is insane..)

Edit: Here it is
    http://www.diablo3.com/forums/showthread.php?p=85518#post85518
    Quote from "blogys" »

I don't think anyone is trying to be an emo. I personally have played quite a few PC games. Doom, Warcraft 2, Starcraft and Brood War, Command and Conquer (like 3 of them) Diablo even though I first played it for Playstation before I even knew it was available for computer, Diablo 2 and LOD, Guild Wars, Star Wars Galaxies, WoW and BC, and finally Oblivion. Out of all the games the only ones I really played for a long time were Diablo (1 and 2) and Guild Wars. All the other games I played for a short amount of time, got bored then quit. I currently don't play any games online. I have always loved the Diablo series and have hoped for a new game. Every event Blizzard has with no news of Diablo.. no mentioning of Diablo.. nothing, is just another step towards me forgetting about Diablo and not looking back.
    We're still flying. That's not much. It's enough. - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
    Quote from "Arbedark" »
    Firstly, learn to spell and use grammar correctly.

Secondly, go fuck yourself.

Thirdly, its cunts, not kants.

Firstly. My grammar is not ideal but what it has to do with whole thing?

Secondly. Show the way.

Thirdly. I know, it's not "cunts" not even "kants" it's "k a n ts" i've spelled stupid k a n t and it seems you're one of that kind, if you reacted like offer was dedicated to you.

Patiance is a bliss. And you'll have to wait as longs as it takes for Blizzard to finish it. Any threat won't mass them to fall under fans will. It's my opinion.
    Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life. Hope implies a certain amount of perseverance — i.e., believing that a positive outcome is possible even when there is some evidence to the contrary. That's the only thing we've got left guys...so let's stick with it...
    guys try this game as a filler. its called titan quest. its alot like diablo 2 and seems to be alot of fun.
    Quote from "LordofTerror12" »
    (...) God forbid they halt production on warcraft...I mean because its really all about the money thats important right? (...)

I'm not 100% sure but, it's because Vivendi bought blizzard (am I right ?). It's not blizzard, it's vivendi who earn money from WoW. They push blizz to make another WoW exps to get more money. Ofc. blizz programers gets extra pay for that but imo 90% of our cash is going to Vivendi.

Quote from "jimker" »
    guys try this game as a filler. its called titan quest. its alot like diablo 2 and seems to be alot of fun.

Tried ... Sorry it for few hours, then I got bored :/
    Quote from "FA_Twister" »
    I don't think anyone is trying to be an emo. I personally have played quite a few PC games. Doom, Warcraft 2, Starcraft and Brood War, Command and Conquer (like 3 of them) Diablo even though I first played it for Playstation before I even knew it was available for computer, Diablo 2 and LOD, Guild Wars, Star Wars Galaxies, WoW and BC, and finally Oblivion. Out of all the games the only ones I really played for a long time were Diablo (1 and 2) and Guild Wars. All the other games I played for a short amount of time, got bored then quit. I currently don't play any games online. I have always loved the Diablo series and have hoped for a new game. Every event Blizzard has with no news of Diablo.. no mentioning of Diablo.. nothing, is just another step towards me forgetting about Diablo and not looking back.

I think that's ok for you to feel like that (and to many others), cause my interest for Diablo wont fade so quickly. There are lot of different of us,but personally for me it doesn't matter that if die before we hear something about Diablo my life would be ruined or won't have any meaning. I can wait as long as it takes, if really want to.
    Or, is there any problem that you loose any interest in diablo when it's finally will be released and it wont mean anything after all. That's just persons problem if he has not patiance, and want everything now and here.
    Quote from "jimker" »

I played the demo, it wasn't bad. I can't play and find myself addicted to games like Diablo 2 without it actually being Diablo, nothing holds a candle to our beloved game.

Hi.
    Im new to this site (just reg here) but have read the most of the reply here. Somebody gave this site:
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/708
    to give some hope on "Two unannounced projects will be unveiled, and there could be a few surprises." . Well, to give further hope (I dont know if you guys have talked about it here yet) but if you look at the picture:
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/images/messages/starcraft/blizzcon-2007.gif
    it say: Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft, Diablo ???.
    Well, as one of you who waits for the next game the "Diablo ???" gave me some hope. Maybe (as you guys already have said) they say that nothing was going to be announced then just announced it when everybody think the Blizzcon is over.
    We can only wait and see.
    :):):):):):):):):):):)
    Quote from "blogys" »
    Firstly. My grammar is not ideal but what it has to do with whole thing?

Secondly. Show the way.

Thirdly. I know, it's not "cunts" not even "kants" it's "k a n ts" i've spelled stupid k a n t and it seems you're one of that kind, if you reacted like offer was dedicated to you.

Patiance is a bliss. And you'll have to wait as longs as it takes for Blizzard to finish it. Any threat won't mass them to fall under fans will. It's my opinion.

Firstly, the fact that you came to this forum and flamed everyone without any reason by calling them "emos" and "stupid k a n ts", whatever you believe that to mean, yet you can't even form a proper sentence yourself.

Secondly, jump in front of a bus, that should do the trick.

Thirdly, Kant was an 18th Century German Philosopher and you've gone and bastardized his name to try and invent some form of insult. Just plain weird.

People HAVE been waiting, some of us over 5 years. We don't want the game served up on a silver platter yet, all people want is CONFIRMATION that Diablo 3 is in the pipeline. Giving hints etc is all very well and good, but people want to actually KNOW if they should wait for Diablo 3 or if they should just give up on Blizzard as a company.
    Arb / Variel
    Quote from "nchris" »
    Hi.
    to give some hope on "Two unannounced projects will be unveiled, and there could be a few surprises."

I reckon they're basing that on same misinformation that the idea that persists here, that being hope, but nothing else.

Quote from "nchris" »
    Hi.

Photoshop (though it looks more like a bad MS paint effort) combined with the aforementioned misinformation results in what you see here.

Abandon all hope ye who crave salvation from BlizzCon for none will come!
    Quote from "MijnWraak" »
    Transform your hero's look with new character-customization options, including new hairstyles and dances.

HHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA HAIRSTYLES AND DANNNCESS!!!! LMFAO BLIZZARD YOU'VE GONE TO A NEW LOW.

oh, and when companys say "much much more" its like 2 things. theyre really lowering their expectations for games recently.

If you had spent a lot time on the official WoW forums, you would have known that players have been screaming on Blizzard since release that they want new abilities to customize their characters, i.e hairstyles and dances. I have done this too, and I really like the fact that they're listening to us now and giving us something that isn't purely content that advances a characters stats.

Second, the fact that they say "Much, much, more", is precisely because there is much more that is yet to be announced. And 2 things? I think you need to learn to count.
    Level 80: 1
    Northrend: 2
    Insciption: 3
    Siege Weapons: 4
    Destructible Buildings: 5
    Graphical Update: 6
    New items, quests, npc's, talents, spells, battlegrounds etc: 7
    Death Knight:8

Plus, the Death Knight is just the first out of many new Hero classes to come. And there's still much much more to be announced.

Quote from "nchris" »
    Hi.
    Im new to this site (just reg here) but have read the most of the reply here. Somebody gave this site:
    to give some hope on "Two unannounced projects will be unveiled, and there could be a few surprises." . Well, to give further hope (I dont know if you guys have talked about it here yet) but if you look at the picture:
    Well, as one of you who waits for the next game the "Diablo ???" gave me some hope. Maybe (as you guys already have said) they say that nothing was going to be announced then just announced it when everybody think the Blizzcon is over.
    We can only wait and see.
    :):):):):):):):):):):)

That site is still not official, was probably based on speculation (if very serious speculation) and the info there predates Blizzards statement that there will be no new announcements. Thus I would not hope for anything.

I'm disappointed I must say, but not at all surprised. Oh well, I'll have to look on it from the bright side. At least now I'll have plenty of time to play WoW and try out Hellgate: London.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    I'm actually quite confused myself...

What the hell is a "k a n ts"?

It's time to welcome the other 80% of the color wheel to a Diablo game.
    Well people Looks at the schedule http://news.mmosite.com/content/2007-08-01/20070801184442643.shtml and look at cinematics... 1hour long hmmm then opening ceremony hmm those 2 seem to stick out the most. and also is the live feed up for u all yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"And the Heavens shall tremble"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes