Wiki Suggestions Thread

Quote from Ebonmourn

Just realized that inverse sorting 'Users' gets rid of the abuse filter's angry red.. (thought it also hides the actual users). Maybe a way to hide the Deletion and block Log Entries?

Sorry you can't hide those actions. The solution to this problem would be smarter spam filters.
    Come and help our Diablowiki grow! Here's how you can contribute
    Hello There, I've got some tiny suggestions concerning the Main Page:
    Visual Aid - http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/aranek_photobucket/wikisuggestions.jpg

1) Adding the link to the "Pages of Training" Article to the main page under Crafting category.

2) In the World column add a new Category "Towns" or "Hubs" - which will be probably act I-IV starting zones with the Artisans caravans - New Tristram, Caldeum etc. - Add the 4 (?) Towns below.

3) Since there is a "Dungeons" category, why not add an "Outdoor" as well, where we could find a list of all outdoor zones divided by Acts and with information about the possible random dungeons spawning in them .
    Something similar to what was used http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/maps/act1.shtml is very friendly to read.

4) Dungeons Category -> I'm not sure Cemetery of the Forsaken should be a "Dungeon", rather an "Outdoor" I think.

5) All in all after the release i would also clutter to much leaving the names of specific dungeons or outdoor zones in the main column so I would suggest clearing them later (as it is now with 5 positions as dungeons and 4 quests) and replacing it with links to Act I - Act IV quests articles and an increase number of vital NPCs in the World column.. But that's in 42 more days.
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/
    Quote from Dretar

1) Adding the link to the "Pages of Training" Article to the main page under Crafting category.

Done.

Quote from Dretar

2) In the World column add a new Category "Towns" or "Hubs" - which will be probably act I-IV starting zones with the Artisans caravans - New Tristram, Caldeum etc. - Add the 4 (?) Towns below.

Once the game launches this sounds like a good idea, but right now there's very little info regarding what these towns are. Sure, we know Caldeum is a hub, but we have no idea what NPC's, quests etc. appear there. That's why the front page has the current beta content.

Quote from Dretar

3) Since there is a "Dungeons" category, why not add an "Outdoor" as well, where we could find a list of all outdoor zones divided by Acts and with information about the possible random dungeons spawning in them .
    Something similar to what was used http://classic.battl...maps/act1.shtml is very friendly to read.

Once again related to the beta stage, but also a space issue. We won't list all zones on the main page once the game is released, but only those of the highest importance. Perhaps it will be towns and acts, perhaps some dungeons, I don't know. Right now in the beta however there isn't that much, so individual areas are also listed just to fill up the column.

Quote from Dretar

4) Dungeons Category -> I'm not sure Cemetery of the Forsaken should be a "Dungeon", rather an "Outdoor" I think.

Perhaps. Do you think we should add an outdoor category for it?
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    Indeed my suggestions seem a bit far fetched, but I think it's no harm to have a "vision" of things beforehand so when things go live it's easier to add things up in an orderly fashion. :)

@4 I think a general article called "Outdoor" sharing a similar layout to "Dungeons" listing all outdoor zones divided in 4 acts and perhaps adnotation about the mlvl in the zone on all 4 difficulty modes. So when somebody is for example lvl 50 and things start get hard for him, because maybe he rushed a bit in the content, he can jump in to the outdoor section and see, that the zone he should be for lvl 50 so the content is not outleveled (too easy) but not too hard aswell, should be.. X.

For example in a some sort of a table

Outdoor
    Act 1 - table header

Zone name | normal | nightmare | hell | inferno
    The Weeping Hollow | 4-7 | 32-34 | 51 - 53 | 61-62

Note that the numbers are from the top of my head.

Just an idea I've had :)

PS. Happy Easter! :)
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/
    Quote from Dretar

Indeed my suggestions seem a bit far fetched, but I think it's no harm to have a "vision" of things beforehand so when things go live it's easier to add things up in an orderly fashion. :)

No doubt. But there's still not much to do about it right now :)

Quote from Dretar

@4 I think a general article called "Outdoor" sharing a similar layout to "Dungeons" listing all outdoor zones divided in 4 acts and perhaps adnotation about the mlvl in the zone on all 4 difficulty modes. So when somebody is for example lvl 50 and things start get hard for him, because maybe he rushed a bit in the content, he can jump in to the outdoor section and see, that the zone he should be for lvl 50 so the content is not outleveled (too easy) but not too hard aswell, should be.. X.

We'll definitely have something like that, but I'm not sure dividing dungeons and outdoors makes that much sense.One naturally progresses into the other. Perhaps one article with all would make more sense.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

And why is the Mystic still displayed on the front page of the wiki :D
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    What are you talking about Doom? :P

Quote from PhrozenDragon

What are you talking about Doom? :P

I saw what you did there.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    My suggestion is to add a section to locations for lore books (the things that show up in the people/world/quest lore achievements.) I think it would be helpful for people searching for them, and right now people randomly add them in to various other sections. I have seen them in both Quests and Containers.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes