Wiki Suggestions Thread

Maybe it's a cool idea to put both male and female versions of the characters in the Diablowiki's Main Page? It's not much but I think it looks cooler with the pictures of the male and female side of the class.

Keep up the good work on the Wiki! :cheers:
    i take a look at it later today.

will find the respective animated pics :p
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    Rather than making a new thread...

I was thinking it might be cool to set up the DiabloWiki.com - Class Builds Class Builds page like the D2 portion of the front page. That is, have all the animated characters standing across the top of the section with all their builds listed underneath them. I don't know if that's possible, but I think it would look cool and make for easier browsing.

Also, how about a sticky Wiki Suggestions thread in this forum? ;):cheers:
    I was thinking that in rune wards and items etc a link to a screen shot would be good to show the in game view/look.
    nah not a screenshot but item image may work.

cause the stats are variable for each runeword.

i see how it can go and work in the future.

not to mention the |Image tag is a placeholder there so there really isnt much that can go in there because each runeword is a different width.
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    I think there should be an extensive something on the history of the site in the Wiki. Bigger than even the one on New Year's.

f;aouihewoifja;jrgdoae
    A guide on iLvls and a list of iLvls by region or at least for bosses would be nice. I find myself googling it a lot.
    i think i found some of that data.

for monsters and regions but not items.

need to know how those 2 are connected :/
    will wiki be requesting some outside helps when the beta hits to help get part of the diablo 3 database of items up, same when diablo 3 offically hits?
    Quote from LauraDeathtwo

will wiki be requesting some outside helps when the beta hits to help get part of the diablo 3 database of items up, same when diablo 3 offically hits?

Our Diablowiki is always open to contributions! If you're new to the wiki format, you can learn more about how to make and edit pages here: http://www.diablowiki.com/Help:Contents
    Come and help our Diablowiki grow! Here's how you can contribute
    i love the diablo wiki :) in the near future
    I found the other day it's a little goofy how each class has a "primary" skill page which outlines the skills in tiers nicely, but each skill has its own little hidden page you can only get to by going to it directly, which has far more detailed information about the skill AS WELL AS a graphed out complete tier table of its own. It's almost like there's two skill overview pages per class.

Aside from that, I wish clicking the skill name in the "real" page would take you to the wiki page of the skill itself.

REAL (Directed from class overview)

FAKE (From searching wiki for specific skill name)
    "She's an absolute. Why just this last week I was. Ok look. I'm. Just take my advice." -Ungrien
    Those are old pages which will be redone @ beta
    Quote from Zhuge

Those are old pages which will be redone @ beta

Yup, I think the class pages will remain as they are now, with brief overviews of the skills and traits for each class. Like you suggested, the names in the lists will become links to the individual skill pages where there will be significantly more precise information, including rune effects, etc. For now though, we don't really know enough about how D3 skills will function (caps, effects, runes, etc.) in order to create a good set-up that is easy to read and informative (like the D2 skill pages). Also, since everything is still subject to change, it's not really a good use of our time to work on D3 skills until we know more and everything is a little more concrete.
    I know this is a D2 question, but would it be possible to put a direct link to the Horadric Cube Recipies page in the Diablo 2 sidebar? Right now the only way to get there that I've found (without linking directly) is to search for Horadric Cube and then click the text link from within the item description.

I ask because this page and the runeword page are the two I look for most often, and they're both really well done.

Many thanks!
    The game mechanics link was dead anyway so I added the cube recipes page temporarily. In the future we'll need to find a better way to link to it from the items portal though. We realize that rune words and cube recipes are some of the most important D2 pages and we'll try to make them as prominent as we can in the future.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    A few months ago, I parsed through a bunch of the early beta content and fixed some orphaned pages, broken links and grammatical errors. Is this a waste of time as the game is still in beta? Do you think it should be done again?

I know there were others doing this as well. I just wonder, since the game is still in flux, if it's a good move in the opinion of the wiki administrators.
    Quote from Vaerik

A few months ago, I parsed through a bunch of the early beta content and fixed some orphaned pages, broken links and grammatical errors. Is this a waste of time as the game is still in beta? Do you think it should be done again?

Absolutely. Fixing up pages in such a way is always a good thing to do. Broken links and grammar errors should not be overlooked ;)

As for the content parsing, it depends. It's going to take a lot of time and no guarantees from Blizzard that it won't change, but if you want to I'm certainly not going to stop you.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    Are formulas for armor etc. known yet? When i tried searching for armor it still showed the old physical resist kind of thing. Since i dont have acces to or havnt found any proper math yet im curious for someone who can upload the newer formulas and such!
    Would there be a way to make the Abuse Filter's edits, blocks, and deletes, show up with the 'b' or bot label? That way when I look at what people have been up to or what changes have been taking place it is easier to see actual changes and not just a page of angry red when the wiki gets hit with a new wave of users who make pages and put spam on them.

Edit:
    Just realized that inverse sorting 'Users' gets rid of the abuse filter's angry red.. (thought it also hides the actual users). Maybe a way to hide the Deletion and block Log Entries?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes