I always wanted to compare one of my characters to those of my friends but couldn't find a quick way to achieve this. So, last weekend I took a closer look at the D3 API and came up with Diablo 3 Fetch after a looooooooong sleepless night
Feel free to check it out and leave some feedback/comment on the featured functionalities. My friends told me to make this public, so I did. It is still a try out/demo website but as I said before: all constructive remarks are more than welcome!
Thank you for the feedback/replies.
A quick response to your remarks/questions:
- Yes, there will be a mobile/tablet version in the future. First of all I want a steady final 1.0 version before making changes to make it work on devices. But, it's coming
- The dodge-error will be fixed in the upcoming Beta version (0.30)
So, what's cooking? The current version of the site is Beta 0.22, there will be a major update labeled 0.30 in the nearby future. Some changes that will be added to the 0.30 beta:
- Gear and skill comparison
- Some errors in the existing code will be fixed (like the swapping of the dodge %)
- implementation of EHP
- implementation of SCRAM
- color distinction between characters
- links to the raw feed information (Diablo 3 api calls)
I'm hoping to finilize this update as soon as possible! On the other hand I do want to mention that d3fetch.com is a tool to compare characters and stats with friends. For damage calculation and/or EHP settings there are loads of websites that offer that functionality. Links to those websites will also be available inside the 'comparison' page of D3Fetch in the forthcoming update.
Please keep the feedback coming and I'll try to adjust/create where needed.
In a future update I'll address the loadtime (which is a few seconds at the moment, due to the amount of requests the site makes to the Blizzard API), there will be a graphic overhaul (made that design on a sleepless saturday night), some more comparison parameters will be added and I need to prepare the site for the upcoming Reaper of Souls expansion. I think I'll be needing a lot of sleepless saturday nights to make this happen :-)
As always your feedback is more than welcome.