Its very basic right now but has a good class filtering. Greater Rifts ranking is updated every 15 minutes, profile data its updated every few hours but im planning to add a search & update functionality as soon as possible.
Looks awesome ^^ I've never been a big fan of the design on diabloprogress or d3ladder so to finally see one where its simple and has fast response its nice. Would be nice to see clan tag infront of player names btw specially for the 2-4man ranks its nice to see where the group is from.
Another few interesting things that came to my mind:
1) Enable a wildcard search. The battle tags are interesting because they enable for people to be uniquely identifiable... but no one knows any battle tag (I know mine and that's it, those four-five numbers are just too arbitrary).
2) The search results should display rankings on your site, not link to the Battle.Net armory.
3) Would it be possible to display the time next to the clear, and then maybe *only* HC/SC (and add it to the toggle on the left)? I know that this is like on DiabloProgress, but most people are *either* HC or SC and don't care about the other, plus it's kind of confusing if you have two tables on one page and only one of it is affected by your input. See D3Rockstars for a (in my opinion) better display (although it lacks on other aspects).
4) Since you're scraping profile data anyways, would it be possible to scan all profiles for gear and gems and display the three top level gem ranks as well? I know this would be a crazy amount of API requests, so probably not more than once per day (at most, avoid too much throttling, but I think the API cap has been increased by a lot recently). Probably something for the long-term todo list? But it would be a unique feature, as I think no other website has it so far. But it would be quite a lot of requests - up to 15 chars per char (you could check for 70s only), and for each char up to 3 items (both rings and amulet). "gems->jewelRank" would then be the path to check.
Very minor comment: add the arrows for going to the next/previous page to the bottom as well.
Thanks a lot clarsen90 and Bagstone for your feedback, I really appreciate it!!
Your suggestions are amazing and I already started to work on some of them.
I will definitely add support for wildcards in the battletag search in the next few days. Im also trying different modifications to the current design, testing also the posibility to show only softcore/hardcore with a activity feed at the right.
For the gems rank I think its a great idea too! I already have all the data, everytime I update a profile I get all the equipped gear and put it in the database. I will look into that gems ranking too!
@irongete: Great ranking website with a lot of potential to beat the others. A few suggestions from me too:
1) As aeclasik said, place two icons below "Wizard" class -> One with "uncheck all", other with "check all" ->
2) Change the format for the GR time from seconds.milliseconds (for example 805.955) to minutes:seconds.milliseconds (12:55.432)
3) Put a Hall of Fame for the players (based on seasons only) -> All the players who got rank 1 world with a class in solo mode
4) Put a Hall of Fame for the continents (based on both seasons and non-seasons) -> Asia vs Europe vs America: Who's got most gold medals in all categories (total number of 1st places in solo, 2s, 3s, 4s)?
New version is up! Ready to fetch data from Season 4 GR!
Softcore and Hardcore are now separated by a filter option.
Added "STATS & GRAPHS": currently there is only one graph that shows the Top class representation, changes based in your filters selection, in the next few days I'll be adding more different graphs and statistics.
Added "RECENT ACTIVITY": Shows the recent activity on the rift ladders, also based in your filters selection. Current type of activity are: Hero completed a GR, Hero progressed from GRXX to GRXX and Hero got a better time on GRXX.
Aldo added a Check/Uncheck All toggle for the class selection because many people asked for it, and fixed the format of the rift time.
Im working on the Profile page and the Hall of Fame will be next!
First would like to say, was hesitant before i looked at it, but it really is awesome, great job. On to the fun stuff, the real killer feature for me would be adding a resorting of ranking by maximum paragon level. As in, being able to type in 1000, and then it will show the ranking order of only those people who completed the rift with a paragon level of 1000 and below. With the inflation of stats due to paragon level it would really be interesting to be able to only look at those close to you in paragon level as a yardstick of competition.
As someone who likes statistics, average paragon level of people ranking, sorted by class might be cool, however certainly not even remotely mandatory feature.
Just want to tell you guys the lastest changes I made to the site.
Since Blizzard released about a week ago the new leaderboards API I remade the crawler and some changes to the database, so there are not major changes to the front end. I have all your suggestions in my todo list because they are amazing.
- Remade the crawler for the new Blizzard API.
- Optimization to the database, now the results are shown up to 9 times faster.