Note that I have max MF which means +450% at MP3, +475% at MP4, +500% at MP5 and +525% at MP6. I did play probably twice as much yesterday as recently on average, with around 25% more MF than in 1.0.4 (+403%) and got 8 times more legendaries than usual. I like that. The funniest and most extreme moment was when I entered Warrior´s Rest to get the first stack of NV while key hunting and the very first drop in the game was chantodo´s force from a trash monster.
For comparison, here´s my total 1.0.4 data concerning number of kills, MF and legendary drops:
gox1201 not sure if you´re finished already, but now that 1.0.5 is knocking on the door, I did a quick elite pack rare check yesterday in 1.0.4. I don´t have a complete 200 pack sample but 133 seems enough to confirm that it works as we predicted.
Don´t bother with item levels and affixes, it´s a waste of time unless it´s for your own personal use. We can´t distinguish number of affixes anymore and we already have rough item level drop chances. Well, we have exact ones for ilvl 61-63 from blizzard.
You have to differentiate between elite packs (who drop 4.5 gear on average) at 5NV and minibosses (cyda, siege) who drop 8 gear at 5 NV stacks and end of act bosses (azmo) who drop 11 gear.
Cyeron always asked for at least 200 packs but you´re not really going for a data point, just figuring out if something´s not working in your case so the trend should become clear the more elite kills you have, I´d say after 50 and 100 should give you a good idea.
Btw. I killed Azmo twice today and he dropped just the guaranteed 2 rares for me as well in one case (at 5 NV +403% MF) ...it happens.
According to the 400 MF data point, you should get more than 50% rares from elite packs including the guaranteed NV one. It would be best if you wrote down the number of actual gear drops from elites (4 or 5) so that your results are as accurate as possible.
1. If you don´t screen shot or record the thing...maybe you just missed one or you simply didn´t have 5 stacks.
2. Boss drops are different and many of the slot drops don´t have a high rare base drop chance. But you should always get the 2 guaranteed rares and from my experience, the last boss drop before the guaranteed ones should almost always be rare at this high MF (well, it´s just like slots 1 and 4 in elite packs, they should be rare but only 70% of the time at 400 MF if recall the last time I checked the spreadsheet correctly).
Btw. both cases you mention don´t add up to 11 gear drops which would imply you did not have 5 NV stacks before killing Azmodan.
3. I run +403% MF and also sometimes shake my head at the drops, I mean when I have like 70% chance for a rare from gear slots 1 and 4 I´d expect 3 rares per pack all the time but it´s not the case. There´s the subjective feeling of bad drops but try to write down all rares per elite pack during a run and you´ll see that your numbers will be close to the data points in the first post.
4. I think Cyeron´s spreadsheet includes the doubled legendary drop rate (not sure though) that´s supposed to be there in 1.0.5. But really, the legendary drop rate is really soo low even at the current max MF (5x normal) that RNG still messes with us, a lot. Then there´s the theory (which I believe in) that we get legendary rolls but there´s no corresponding item to choose. from so we get something else. We still don´t know the order in which items are created (item level, quality, item type) and this could affect legendary drop rates as well.
5. Both follower and pet kills are your kills so it should not matter. When the monster dies (even by dungeon), I believe the game applies the current MF you have (character screen MF).
The best advice I can give you is that you write down the rare drops per elite pack (and bosses) at 5 NV in your next few runs. Then check the graphs and data points in the first post. If you´re off by too much, report it here.
But it can´t be said enough, RNG is a bitch, most of the time. I´m not afraid to say that the 1.0.4 gear drop game is really unrewarding. Hopefully the doubled legendary drop chances will be noticable (it definitely felt that way while playing the PTR).
Awesome!!! I mean that was a bad mistake but I´m glad it was just that...
I like this game a lot and play it non-stop since launch (omg I should get a life, I´m over 1000 hours already, 968 just with my barb) even though it´s pretty unrewarding at +403% MF...as I said, this would´ve made me really angry.
I see it as a good sign that they actually read posts (maybe even mine) and actually try to fix stuff. Looking forward to 1.0.5.
In the odd chance that a blue reads this, would you mind also telling us the ilvl 58-60 drop rates for the sake of completion? And when we´re at it, what´s the doubled legendary base drop chance?
I understand what you mean but you did not understand me...they just blatantly admitted that they´ve stealth nerfed the drop chances in 1.0.4 when compared to 1.0.3 and now make it seem as if they give us the best drop rates from act 3 & 4. Unless they made a mistake when writing the blog.
But whatever, have fun picking up 300 rare items at 500+ MF (oh wait but you might get double drops!) including stuff like astral greaves that have 40% less armor and arreat axes that have 40% less base weapon damage than the best items. I understand jewelry, but the ilvl 63 drop rate is way too low if you account for having to roll 6 affixes, then the correct ones and then the highest ones...
At the very least I hope they didn´t stealth nerf legendary drop rates first and then doubled the lowered ones...
Note that if I do a full act 3 run today, I get 110-130 ilvl 61-63 rares at +403% MF. Now imagine potential double drops on items, higher MF and picking up even lower ilvl rares. You won´t like that.
Now they state that 1.0.4 had those 8-16.1-24% rates from before that hotfix I mean really? I hope this was just another mistake when writing the blog or else I´m going to be really mad. Now that only ilvl 58 and higer items are supposed to drop in 1.0.5, are we getting more than half (51.8%) ilvl 58-60 items?
Yeah I meant the act 4 keywarden. Nobody ever farms act 4 so it´s like a new world, the keywarden is not the only monster with the healing reduction debuff though.
thundersteele could you post an example of such a major in-game event? Something like getting parts of kulle´s body or the crumbling vault event?
Yes end of act bosses make somewhat sense, they are presumed to be the last kills in farm runs...I´ll try some other stuff later.
WW barbs have trouble with goblins because all goblins do is run away and my dps depends a lot on tornadoes. For example I´ve calculated that my actual WW damage per second is around 165K and one tornado does 80K on average, so a WW+2T (usually against single targets standing still) does 300K but against goblins I´m nowhere near that unless it runs into a pack or there´s tighter space where it also turns around into a tornado...it´s situational, bash isn´t hitting a goblin all the time it´s like bash-steps-bash...
Btw. at which MF level do we assume 100% rare drop chance from elite slots 1 and 4? Cyeron´s excel sheet says 89% at max MF (+625%), so 100% isn´t possible?
Sorry guys, I messed up there. Well, not really, but apparently it´s like a new game the first time (the achievements and all) so that azmodan sequence was the first kill and it drops differently than usual.
Ran bosses a few more times and they´re the same as in 1.0.4, 8 and 11 gear drops from Cyda and Azmo, respectively. Also checked Azmo without NV stacks, got 6 gear drops. It stayed the same. I´ve edited my previous post.
So the only # of drop differences should be the "double" drops from trash which are sort of there (killing a bigger pack at a high MP leaves a lot more drops on the ground than usual), but I have no clue how to research that game mechanic.
I tried the uber bosses at MP5 (getting the plan at MP7 wasn´t a good idea, omg life steal penalty in act 4 got me killed a few times) and got ghom and rakanoth and they were not very dangerous, I only got a scare once when some attack hit me for a lot of damage (I couldn´t see what was happening in the fart cloud lol). They dropped 4 gear (no NV stacks there).
Tested MP1, MP3, MP5, MP7, MP10. Other than 10, the others are reasonably manageable for me, 7´s a bit tough, 5 is fine, 3 is about the same as 1.0.4 just with more HP...basically the main thing that stands out for me is the health scaling. I´m surprised that the damage is not as high as I´ve imagined it would be, I thought I´d get 1 shot in 10 but didn´t. Elite affixes don´t scale or something.
OK wasn´t there supposed to be NV stacks from event uniques/bosses/respl. chests or something like that? I got none from azmo nor the event unique molok in the battlefields. Or did they only mean the keywardens? Nope just checked, none of those gives NV stacks. Yes they do drop more items if you have NV stacks, but that´s all. Hmm I´ll have to reread the patch notes.
Major in-game events will now grant one stack of Nephalem Valor when completed by a level 60 character in Inferno difficulty
Major in-game events in Inferno difficulty that involve a special chest or Unique monster (ex: ) will now also drop additional loot for every stack of Nephalem Valor a player has active at the time of the event’s completion
Several events have had Unique monsters added to them for this purpose
OK the second part is definitely there but what about the first one? Any ideas what is considered a major in-game event?
OK works for me as well. Haven´t downloaded the whole thing yet (70%) but still played for a while until I got disconnected right before Azmodan.
My impressions from playing MP5 without changing anything on my barb:
1. Holy sht the HP scaling is insane. It takes considerably more time to kill stuff. Can´t imagine elites at MP10. Don´t think this is ideal for increasing difficulty but whatever.
2. Incoming damage is manageable. Well, it was until I faced those insane Occultists, reflect damage and health link plus some ground effect. I died twice against them and it took minutes to take them down, the attack that shields others is just an icing on the cake...but other than occultists, I should do relatively fine in MP5 with some tweaking, I´m actually surprised.
3. Oh yeah, the 60% lower proc coefficient on sprint tornadoes is significant, I will have to adapt my fury management, keeping thrive on chaos up for longer periods of time will be tough. I´ll switch around skills to see what works the best.
4. Goblins, LMAO, unkillable at MP5 with 122K DPS. This will be a huge problem.
On topic of magic find. I chose MP5 to have a round number (500 MF yay) and I began recording elite monster drop sequence, also boss sequence.
- elite pack drop sequence seems to be exactly the same as in 1.0.4.
- yep there´s still the no drop on elites, the sequence definitely stayed the same
- loving the patch already, MP5 is fine for me, no trouble at all sruvivability wise or fury wise (i was wrong at the beginning of the post) - other than
1. occultists - annoying as hell, exponentialy more the more HP they have, something has to be done with that shielding stuff or people will skip them or farm other areas
2. extra health - if high HP wasn´t enough, this one becomes one of the worst elite affixes
3. goblins - I got close to killing one but come on...
So the increased HP is quite tedious, I predict my fingers won´t survive hours of pressing the WW button.
Resplendent chest sequence (5NV, +500% MF):
- plan: exalted sagaris
- 8 gold piles
- FS ruby
- FS topaz
- 2 gold piles
XAH´RITH THE KEYWARDEN (5 NV, +500% MF)
- 8 gold piles
9. key of terror
EDIT 4: Oh man, after not getting the key from act 1 keywarden Oden at MP5 twice, I said hey, let´s try MP10, that should be fun ... it´s not. But, you know, there´s many different kinds of people, for example masochists, maybe they can enjoy that.
I actually stayed and managed to survive there, no idea how, killed 5 elite packs and got the key afterwards. Man, but 3-4 minutes to kill an elite pack (if it stands still)? One had 72 million HP. Hideous. Also, if there´s a person who kills a 17 million HP goblin, he should get a special prize or something.