Ultimate Random Chat Thread [URT] v4

Do you think this is actually useful?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns7RFZPTfpc#t=97
    Last edited by Jamoose: 2/2/2014 4:02:18 AM

It looks like it needs to go back to the drawing board, only because it looks ridiculous. Looks like a lazy man's skateboard too.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    I don't know looks like it could be quite convineint... A bit pricey i'd say.

How didn't they solve the uphill / downhill problem with folding front and back panels? as in, the place where you put your front foot to lean on, would have a proximity sensor on it and whenever it's about to hit the ground, the whole panel thing will fold in a degree suited to the proximity of the road / groud. I like that they will be covering the top fo the wheel and putting a battery meter on the top.

This year is going to be amazing. Dark souls 2 coming out. Witcher 3 as well.
    And then there is going to be the world cup.
    Witcher 3 is out this year? I didn't think they had a time frame for it's release yet?
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

I just wanted to say that I still luv you all :P

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D
    Lol hey Nacho :cheers:
    Last edited by Jamoose: 2/20/2014 6:56:08 AM

Hey Nacho!

Greetings Cowking.

@Ducha
    Ya, no release date confirmed as yet. However all interviews I have watched as of now regarding the game and the developers point to a 2014 release date. I'm not too bothered if it gets delayed to be honest. Dark souls 2 is the one I am really looking forward to.
    Wow, I forgot how many posts I've made on this forum in the past :/ Scary. I should come here more often.

I've been wondering, has the strong focus on reagents/components (alchemy) been toned down since the first Witcher? I don't particularly enjoy that type of minigame, and I remember dropping the first one fairly quickly for that reason, but I might give Witcher 3 a go if alchemy has been given less importance this time around. (preferably if it is possible to skip alchemy altogether)

Never played Dark Souls, mostly because the controls sucked b***s on a mouse/keyboard, but I've read that the sequel is being developed for the PC from the start, instead of being a port, so I'm pretty hyped for that one.

Also, salutations my lord king!

Edit: http://imgur.com/M2bDvAl - Umm... k.
    Last edited by Ophion: 2/23/2014 1:54:06 PM
    I haven't played the first game. Only had a go at the second installment. I didn't use much of alchemy which made battles more challenging but also more fun. To be perfectly honest though, the only reason i didn't use it was because i kept forgetting! If they go with the same balance in the game, I would say you won't have to worry too much about it. The new big feature in Witcher 3 is the open world system which is new to the series and which I am quite excited about. Hopefully they will find a good balance for quests and loot- especially loot variety which i usually find very lacking in most games in this category. Usually too much focus is geared towards questing which gets old quite quickly if there isn't some great treasure at the end of it.

Dark Souls had a really awful PC port if you wanted to use mouse and keyboard. I used my ps3 controller so it was all good.
    But yes, its successor is being treated with much more care on all platforms.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-JFPePh6yM

Enjoy.
    Eventually, we're all worm food. Even the worms.
    Prepare for the "I've returned after a "long break" from Diablo, what do I need to know" threads :P

EDIT: Grammar is hard :(
    Last edited by Ducha: 2/25/2014 1:59:23 PM

I've returned after a long break from Diablo, can you move in more than 8 directions now?
    I'm getting ready for the RoS release, and I'm liking all the new stuff

Although I found myself playing city simulator games lately... I'm getting back to the old ways :P

Edit: grammar is indeed hard
    Last edited by Nacho_ijp: 2/25/2014 3:02:43 PM

I like the fact people are coming back to play Diablo. It looks like it will be well worth it!

*gasp* Nacho, have you played Banished? Incredibly fun and addictive :P

I was thinking of playing Banished, but it looked way too complex. I don't wanna start anything that will cost me hundreds of hours and distract me from D3. Is Banished a game that you can just easily get into and play for a couple of hours, or is it one of those city builders where you need 10 hours to understand the basics, 100 hours to get a city that's not constantly dying, and 1000 hours to master it to an extent where you can say "I have beaten the game"?
    It's a fantastic game, but sadly you do need some understanding of how the game works before you play it. So yes it is quite complex :(

You find yourself making new cities over and over again for x amount of reasons (e.g. Citizens dying from starvation, freezing to death, disease. They're basically the only things that kill them on a large scale)

You can definitely just sit down for a few hours and have fun, but it's not a forgiving game at all. If you screw up, you either fix the problem quick-smart or start another city. If it were still early January and Banished was released then, I would say buy it. But we're just too close to RoS for you to get the most out of the game.

I haven't, I've been playing tropico 4, funniest game I played in a long time.

I might take a look into banished, it looks like my kind of game :)

I've been too busy driving one of these babes around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aKaezb_3Dg
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes