Ultimate Random Chat Thread [URT] v4

It's ping you're worried about, not speed.

Pingtest.net

If you have a high quality connection, you could actually have a slower connection and still obliterate people who have a much faster connection with average quality connection. Quality is your ping rate, and your Jitter. Don't worry about the packet send and receive. I get packets returned about 50% of the time I do the test. Yet I still kick ass on BL:R. I have B+ connection by the way.

I replied to a thread in the official site. Another guy from South Africa has the same problem.

PS I want to post this in that thread but when I want to submit it gives a "Your post contains invalid or restricted HTML code". I can't figure out what part it is, I've removed a couple of things but nothing seems to work -_-

Mmm well, I've done ping tests on pingtest(dot)net and my pings are extremely high (note this is from Joburg and I'm in Cape Town so 50ms? added):

First set of results:
    - South of EU (Malta) - 331ms
    - Middle of EU (UK) - 471ms
    - North of EU (Germany) - 321ms

Second set of results:
    - South of EU (Malta) - 285ms
    - Middle of EU (UK) - 482ms
    - North of EU (Germany) - 291ms

Third set of results:
    - South of EU (Malta) - 315ms
    - Middle of EU (UK) - 489ms
    - North of EU (Germany) - 280ms

Weird that the North is basically the same as the South. Could it be that Germany just have better servers? I know that the UK is a bit to the left in comparison to the other, but that big a difference is abnormal.

I don't really know in what range a connection is considered stable (10ms-20ms?). I guess it might be our ISP. But it will be nice for a Blizz employee to comment on this, since they know, for one, where the EU servers are located and why this might be happening.

Also I've checked that in BF3, when I go to a server in:
    - Germany - 236-237ms.
    - UK - 228-230ms.
    - Italy - 228-230ms.

And I've just played D3 in a pub game with constant 220ms ping -_- (which is good)

FML.

Earlier today I played and the before mentioned ping problems were still occurring ..Man hope it's fixed now...but will post again if it happens again.

Good latency (ping) is typically under 180 ms. I typically get 68 ms when playing Blacklight: Retribution and have some damn smooth playtime. Lately, RCN has been pissing me off with their connection quality as I now get a ping of 90 ms (average) with a very common occurrence of spikes up to 998 ms.

FUCK YOU, RCN!!

I'm seriously considering getting my own internet connection from Verizon or something, while using my phone or a wifi device for 4g connections. Only if they agree to a trial period first. I need quality damn it.

You wouldn't smoke crack laced with shit now would you?
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    Gave Rend a try today, and discovered that while the theoretical heal is high, the inferno life steal reduction applies and reduces that amount to nearly nothing. I get more life/sec from 500 LoH and basic frenzy attacks, so I switched back to Revenge and upgraded gear instead. Still can't do much against bosses and key wardens, but at least elites are manageable up to MP5 (except for disintegrate + waller combo when two lasers intersect on top of me).

And I've found legendaries, whoo! 7 of them in two days, and 3 were not complete crap!

Also, MP10 powerleveling (with like 50k worth of stuff from AH) is ridiculous. I spent over 50 hours getting my Barb from lvl 1 to paragon lvl 1, I managed the same on a new WD in 10 hours, and made 400k gold doing it from just selling drops to merchants. It should really be made harder, much harder, as right now it is perfectly doable (and never even becomes as hard as old inferno act 1) all the way from lvl 1 to lvl 60 in MP10 (without purchasing anything except a reduced lvl req weapon). There is just no reason to ever be playing normal-hard with below MP10, all other power levels are obsolete, a design flaw imo. A slightly harder time in return for 3 times experience (and easily 5 times as fast lvling) and double gold/magic find is just way too good.

Gave Rend a try today, and discovered that while the theoretical heal is high, the inferno life steal reduction applies and reduces that amount to nearly nothing. I get more life/sec from 500 LoH and basic frenzy attacks, so I switched back to Revenge and upgraded gear instead. Still can't do much against bosses and key wardens, but at least elites are manageable up to MP5 (except for disintegrate + waller combo when two lasers intersect on top of me).

And I've found legendaries, whoo! 7 of them in two days, and 3 were not complete crap!

Also, MP10 powerleveling (with like 50k worth of stuff from AH) is ridiculous. I spent over 50 hours getting my Barb from lvl 1 to paragon lvl 1, I managed the same on a new WD in 10 hours, and made 400k gold doing it from just selling drops to merchants. It should really be made harder, much harder, as right now it is perfectly doable (and never even becomes as hard as old inferno act 1) all the way from lvl 1 to lvl 60 in MP10 (without purchasing anything except a reduced lvl req weapon). There is just no reason to ever be playing normal-hard with below MP10, all other power levels are obsolete, a design flaw imo. A slightly harder time in return for 3 times experience (and easily 5 times as fast lvling) and double gold/magic find is just way too good.

It depends, if you’re using a one hander it would probably suck, dunno its all preference ;) Or if you stack Vit, revenge will probably net better returns, I find having to rely on a ability to proc is more dangerous than choosing when I need leech. I never obtained a good dps weapon with LoH so I've always been trying to find other ways to survive. I've been playing MP2 for the fun of it and yah its way too easy, I'm level 30 in 4 hours. I could probably get higher if I put on the Cain set but the stats suck so badly. I'm up to 8 legendaries, 1 has been amazing, 1 good, 1 alright, and the rest have been junk. Overall I don't care though because I'm seeing them drop!
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    I guess Rend could work in a crit build, or if you have relatively low hp, but for me it's just a way too slow heal compared to Revenge when you are surrounded by enemies and elites than can kill you in less than three seconds. I've been trying to solve Revenge's issues with single targets, and a weapon with 3% life steal + 500 LoH from rings did the trick well enough.

I have to give Rend one positive note though, but that's probably a bug xD The first Rend you do after activating Ignore Pain (with life steal rune) will restore exactly 20% of the 700% damage Rend would do over the duration as health, instantly, unaffected by the Inferno heal reduction (almost always restores all of your hp from just one enemy). If you do another Rend (still during Ignore Pain duration) it will work normally though. It might have been patched in the hotfix, I dunno.

Also, did they do anything to legendary drop rates in the hotfix? Yesterday, me and three others got over 10 of them in combined drops. Today we farmed far more, but no one got a single legendary. I suppose it could be just luck of the draw, but it seemed a little off :/ They nerfed the Act 3 keywarden as well, by taking like 75% off of its damage and removing the illusions. It used to be able to kill me in a few seconds, but now it's just laughably easy, just teleporting around and occasionally dealing about the same damage as two shots from a Fallen Prophet. I preferred it hard :/ At least as hard as a strong elite pack. But then again, purple enemies and all mini bosses have always been easy (compared to elites), so I guess my problem is more with that philosophy.

Edit: The front page was just updated with that last part, heh.
    Yah I haven't tried fighting the new key warden but I like the challenge he presented earlier... now it sounds boring. I do have more of a crit build going; I think 48% crit with high 200's in crit damage. I also use the 3% passive and recently found a good belt with 3% leech as well. It probably doesn’t help that I only have 32K life; however I have 600-750 in resistances. 1 Rend on 1 enemy will net me about 2K per tick, generally when I'm surrounded I gain too much life. I only use ignore pain if I get stuck in desecration or arcane beams.

It's all just RNG, interesting fact I have gotten 2 legendaries from opening the first chest you see when you start the machines of war quest.

I actually started to play my Wiz again, just for something new... The mechanic changes have allowed me to make a glass cannon arcane build its pretty fun watching everything melt.

On another note first snowfall of the year!
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    I must confess, I bought 400 flawless square rubies pre 1.0.5, now of course the prices dropped, and I'm stuck with that stuff, good thing I don't need my business skills to survive :P

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D

I must confess, I bought 400 flawless square rubies pre 1.0.5, now of course the prices dropped, and I'm stuck with that stuff, good thing I don't need my business skills to survive :P

:doh: why would you do that?

:doh: why would you do that?

It seem a good investment at the time, but I didn't realize that the patch would make those gems more abundant... maybe some day they will gain some value, good thing I didn't buy them with real money :D

lol i havent logged in for like a month but i was lurking all this time!

I play like once every 2 days for short sessions of like 1-2 hours but i got my barb with around 350 hours of playtime xD
    Anyway im running a rend + revenge build and its pretty awesome. My gear is kinda crappy... I can clear mp 4 effeciently though.
    Edit: Here's my profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jamoose-2376/hero/611749 I got over 100k dmg buffed.
    Got to level 20 paragon... Oh and i found 2 legendaries yesterday one of them was Gladiator Gauntlets and the other was Lamentation (mighty belt) and both of them were total crap to be honest.

But... im enjoying D3 as a game, sure its not perfect but hey.

P.S Lineage Eternal looks pretty badass... i mean this trailer shows awesome gameplay and its so old...

YAAAAYY!!!! I beat diablo in inferno!!! :D FINALLY!!! all I needed was a couple of nerfs and a few weeks of farming :P

So long guys! I'll never come back :P

nah, just kidding, I love you :D

P.S Lineage Eternal looks pretty badass... i mean this trailer shows awesome gameplay and its so old...

I really like that dragging of the mouse stuff you can do! Change the gameplay a bit. Also I can't wait for Grim Dawn, that game's also gonna be baws!

YAAAAYY!!!! I beat diablo in inferno!!! :D FINALLY!!! all I needed was a couple of nerfs and a few weeks of farming :P

YAAAAYY!!!! I beat diablo in inferno with all 5 classes!!! :D FINALLY!!! all I needed was a couple of nerfs and a few weeks of farming :P

But don't look at my profile yet, it takes fucking long to update (couple of days to a week to update -_-) I'm not gonna say I'm a casual player, but there are people that have played 2-3 times longer than me (I've got just over 300h collectively).

Also, I've just started combining Flawless Square gems to make Star gems for just my Monk, Barb and WD. It's roughly about 11 Star gems...and my fuck does it cost a lot of gold to get! I had like 12.3mil and it went down to 6.3mil!!! FUCK. Well I'm not buying anything from the Gold AH anyways, so it doesn't really matter. When the hell does better gem plans drop in Inferno?!

Also got my first Set Item tonight :Thumbs Up: :

Also want to thanks rtb78#2380 for giving me 2 legendary items (even though they're real mediocre. In fact, the shoulders was actually a downgrade dps wise):

All i can say at this time is that the Monk, Barb and WD are my favourite classes and I'm gonna farm/play with just them. IO don't like the Wizard and Demon Hunter very much...maybe it's just because mine are weak...
    yep, your wiz isn't too powerful and that build isn't the best for those stats, I love wiz, but without good stats they're really annoying ¬¬

Finding good gear is very dependent on fun... my DH is the worse geared out of all my chars and yah hate the DH. Sadly my WD has been boring again, I slowly went back to Bears since nothing else still comes close to the damage output. Barb and Wiz are my favourties at the moment; however I got my monk up to the mid 30's (playing at the same time as the wife) and I could see this char becoming a favourtie.
    I'm reinstalling. I was pissed for awhile because I get lots of stuttering while playing D3. Meh, though, I decided I don't care. I'm just gonna live with it :P

The game is really good so, yeah, I'll just play and be happy. Even if I die sometimes due to stuttering.
    Jurassic World – 2015
    Back in commission! FUCK YEAH!!
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    Argh, why can't we dye Legendary items?! Now some of my characters look like clowns and I hate it! Usually used my white CE dye for all my chars' gear.

On another note, I've traded ingame for the first time with a random stranger! Luckily didn't he scam me...or did he?!?! dum dum dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Anyway, I was just playing with my monk and within the first 5min legendary gloves droped; socketed, high dex, high vit, crit chance and attack speed. Was kind of an upgrade (1100dps+, 4500health+, armour 350+ - I had 37% crit dmg, 7.5 crit chance, with some random affixes [still have the gloves though]). Also got my first gem plan after all the inferno playing!

Anywho, the one barb shows a Skorn that dropped ingame in chat, and I'm like "whoa that thing is beast!". He already had IK's 2h 1500dps+ weapon, so I start asking him, about what he's going to do with the Skorn etc etc. Note: I have never searched for a 1000dps+ rare 2h or a Legendary for that matter so I have 0 knowledge of the Skorn.

So eventually he whispered to me how much I wanted for it. And i thought geez I only have 10mil gold and are faaaaaaaaaar too little to buy that thing. So I said that I only have 10mil :P. And jokingly said 5mil? :P. And he said how about 7? And in the spur of the moment I'm like why not? (thinking that thing is beast!!)

So I successfully trade and play on a bit and eventually quit to see how much my barb's dps goes up:

After this I went to the gold AH and went to search for Skorn and the cheapest ones was selling for like 800k. I'm like FUCK!!! BUT then I specifically searched for my affixes and it ended up that my Skorn had Life steal (x.xx% of dmg converted to health) which almost none of the other had. I ended up with 2 pages of Skorn on the AH. The cheapest one with my stats and Life Steal was for like 85mil, so I gave a big sigh of relief :cheers:

So my question is: Was 7mil for that Skorn really a good buy, even with the Life steal or not?

PS I forgot to mention that my vit drop 360points when I have the Skorn equipped

Meh, may have to give up some dps gear for some vit ones, but I'll see how often I die!

Edit: Point is I'm not regretful about the transaction, so yeah gonna see how it goes. Also what about selling that thing for like 50mil or something? WIll be 38mil more that I have ever had before!

Finding good gear is very dependent on fun... my DH is the worse geared out of all my chars and yah hate the DH. Sadly my WD has been boring again, I slowly went back to Bears since nothing else still comes close to the damage output. Barb and Wiz are my favourties at the moment; however I got my monk up to the mid 30's (playing at the same time as the wife) and I could see this char becoming a favourtie.

Jajaja, monk is fun, doesn't get high dps (well mine don't 32k dps atm) though. I have of course seen 100k+ dps monks, but their gear are insane! And since I'm not buying gear on the AH, I'll have to live with sloooowly getting my dps higher. I just spam Loh and Life steal (x.xx% of dmg converted to health) and the other health giving skills and I don't die.

I'm reinstalling. I was pissed for awhile because I get lots of stuttering while playing D3. Meh, though, I decided I don't care. I'm just gonna live with it :P

The game is really good so, yeah, I'll just play and be happy. Even if I die sometimes due to stuttering.

YEAH! Stuttering is a first world problem! I play on a ping of 220ms at best and have been experiencing major lag (constant 350ms+) the previous week(s). And my game often stutter and have huuuuuuuge lag spikes; freezing/barely moving for 10-15sec! So I'm not even gonna try Hardcore!
    Dude, nice grab!!! Last night I found 4 legendaries in the same game... only one was garbage!! I hope to be selling stuff soon!!
    i need ten posts man
    this is frustrating
    make it 3 or something im a valuable forum contributor
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes