Ultimate Random Chat Thread [URT] v4

ye went down sometime ago, just as i finnaly rng'd my 2-4dmg 5ias rings. Alas i had not enough gold and was farming for it then it le crashed. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Nearly 6000 people on the forums. 3 reading OT. All of which are in this thread. :P

Still not able to play beta. Might go get some food and try again later tonight.
    I just had food and beer, guess its back to battlefield nerding, or drawing some random shit!
    Needed to unplug today after dealing with house stuff, went out to Red Rock and let off a few shots. Happy Saturday everyone :cheers:

Your sand is a different breed than the one I'm used to! :P
    Me and Foxy Shazam

KORN WAS SO FUCKING LOUD!!!!!!!! They were really incredible.
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Quote from Tralari

Your sand is a different breed than the one I'm used to! :P

You mean as in missing a body of water next to it? Me too. One day I'm playing with pelicans and sea otters in Monterey CA and then I move to Vegas and I'm playing with brown recluse spiders and damn scorpions.

I wish it was sand, it's fricken rocks, rocks, and more damn rocks. Here is a picture of a friend's dog sitting out in the natural untouched desert. First thing I thought after I saw the shot I took when I got home was, what the hell is that poor dog doing out in that harsh landscape?

Quote from Umpa

Me and Foxy Shazam

That's the biggest black ass I've ever seen AND I LIKE IT!
    Quote from VegasRage

That's the biggest black ass I've ever seen AND I LIKE IT!

Hellz yea!
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Quote from Umpa

Me and Foxy Shazam &--#60;3

No hair + big beard = fail imo.

I fail battle tags :( :(. Open beta close for me lyfe back to normalz :(
    Your deeds of valor will be remembered
    Hey vegas, i could make photos of the dutch landscape but that would be terribly boring compared to yours with our mega flat landscape. It kinda stops at the first building you see most the time :P
    Do you get heaps of critters in your house Vegas? (i.e. snakes and scorpions...)
    Hoo, man. That was a relatively fun beta. Got all classes to 13 and whatnot. Just lacking that one co-op achievement where I need to ress my pal five times over.

Right, to the point at hand. A few things annoyed me in the beta, for example the fact that if you tried to skip an in-game cutscene then you'd be awarded with a black screen that was just as long, if not longer, than the actual cutscene itself! Brilliant game design.
    Then we had the fact that even the singleplayer component is considered online, which is hosted on their servers, which also means that if I have a poor internet connection, I'll actually lag in a singleplayer game! Of course this is probably because the beta was hosted on the American side rather than the Europe. But still, it ticks me off.

The mercenary smalltalk was a nice touch, though it got extremely repetitive after a short while, especially considering he had the exact same response and questions no matter what class or gender you were.

The actually terrain and what you'd consider the "background" of the game was muddy, without any clear lines or context. This lead to a greater focus on the things you actually could see, such as the glowing enemies. Both positive and negative. Mostly negative.

Witch Doctor was fun though, as was Monk. Though I noticed a few issues with the pathfinding for the runed Fists of Thunder attack. Exploding Palm was extremely underwhelming as well. As was the giant bell.
    The Demon Hunter reminded me, annoyingly enough, of the Hunter class from World of WarCraft. They both had the same feel to them. Boring, bland and dull.

All in all, it's what you'd expect from a hype demo. The pacing bothered me though. Unless it picks up in later acts, otherwise it's going to be a problem.
    Quote from Turmobil

I'll actually lag in a singleplayer game!

I played single player to. I was getting some epic teleporting going on with just moving around. 3-4 second delay on picking up items. Combat wasn't to bad though. However, there were times where I would kill the mob than use another attack with the delaying meaning the mob was dead on the first attack and wasting spirit or what not on the second.
    its open beta, obviously youre gonna have lagspikes :P
    game was fluent for me during about all of close beta tho!
    Quote from deleo

its open beta, obviously youre gonna have lagspikes :P
    game was fluent for me during about all of close beta tho!

It's not as much as us having lagspikes in the beta, but us having lagspikes when playing singleplayer.
    Personally, I'm very much against the DRM policy Blizzard have been adopting. No, it won't stop pirates. It'll only harm the paying consumers.
    Single player during open beta. :P I haven't experienced much of any lag, though. Even on single player.
    I wonder. Will atleast 80% of the bots disappear from Diablo 2 when Diablo 3 is released?
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    I actually dedicated this weekend to catch up on university stuff, cause I was faaar behind on my work. THEN Blizz announced the open beta and I knew I wasn't gonna get much work done, but still tried to convince myself that I'll play a bit and then start studying, But alas...

Friday evening (PDT 16pm is like 1am here) I started playing the D3 beta and played right through the night. Not much on Saturday afternoon; couldn't connect and if I connected I was dc after 10-15min etc. Anyway, stayed up (and played BF3) and kept trying to play the beta which I eventually did like at 12am, played for an hour and finally went to bed. Woke up 15 hours later 16pm (20min ago). :Thumbs Up:

So that's the story of my weekend and how my path of flunked subjects began...couldn't be happier!!! Well not really, flunking a subj sucks...

Quote from Graphics_I

No hair + big beard = fail imo.

I fail battle tags :( :(. Open beta close for me lyfe back to normalz :(

So you remember in The Sims (original one), there was this one guy with a shaved head and beard, that reminded me of this guy... :facepalmsmile:

Quote from Turmobil

Right, to the point at hand. A few things annoyed me in the beta, for example the fact that if you tried to skip an in-game cutscene then you'd be awarded with a black screen that was just as long, if not longer, than the actual cutscene itself! Brilliant game design.
    Then we had the fact that even the singleplayer component is considered online, which is hosted on their servers, which also means that if I have a poor internet connection, I'll actually lag in a singleplayer game! Of course this is probably because the beta was hosted on the American side rather than the Europe. But still, it ticks me off.

The mercenary smalltalk was a nice touch, though it got extremely repetitive after a short while, especially considering he had the exact same response and questions no matter what class or gender you were.

The actually terrain and what you'd consider the "background" of the game was muddy, without any clear lines or context. This lead to a greater focus on the things you actually could see, such as the glowing enemies. Both positive and negative. Mostly negative.

Witch Doctor was fun though, as was Monk. Though I noticed a few issues with the pathfinding for the runed Fists of Thunder attack. Exploding Palm was extremely underwhelming as well. As was the giant bell.
    The Demon Hunter reminded me, annoyingly enough, of the Hunter class from World of WarCraft. They both had the same feel to them. Boring, bland and dull.

All in all, it's what you'd expect from a hype demo. The pacing bothered me though. Unless it picks up in later acts, otherwise it's going to be a problem.

If I skipped a cutscene, it immediately went to the game and could start playing. So it must be something on your end...dunno what though.

During the Friday night/Saturday morning I experienced no lag at all. But I did during the Saturday afternoon while playing single player. It is kinda weird, cause some of the times, in general, you'll rather play single player to avoid just that, the lagging! But mine wasn't that bad. It will be a problem though if the lag spikes keeps happening during the release on the EU servers.

Smalltalk repetitive agreed.

I actually like the muddy background and the art of the game in general. The fact that there is little player customization is kinda boring; and I've heard all the "positive" reasons Bashiok said why they did it like this. I just hope the gear and later playing experience make up for this. The only real criticism I have is the static outdoor environment. Literally on my second playthrough it was already kinda boring knowing how the terrain looks and stuff. AND I don't know if it was just me, but everytime I played through that one part of the game (right after you killed Headrig's wife; that real big area) the events in this big area looked almost exactly the same each time. Could be the randomizing of these events that keeps landing on the same randomized events... :S

Personally, I like the Monk and Barb the most, just more fun too. I have to agree with the Exploding Palm and Wave of Light...I remember in one of the Monk gameplay vids, Exploding Palm looked so baddass; blood and body parts flying everywhere, and now it's just...meh.

Blizz said the first Act is kinda an introductory for the game, so it's gonna be slow paced and everything will pretty much be the same etc. And that it will definitely be better in later Acts.
    I'm pretty satisfied with the beta. Although I've flip-flopped a few times on what classes to play. Monk, Barb, and Wizard are my favorites so far. DH + WD aren't fun at all to me, though. Maybe they get better/more fun at higher levels.

Will most likely play a Wizard with my friends though. :P Even though I've been saying Monk this whole time. Lol.
    Do not betray the monk! magic missle isnt _that_ fun!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes