You Decide PoE or D3?

The currency and lack of AH is the best thing, to guy above: lol you're only mad because you can't play the AH and profit on highly inflated gold.

PoE is really nice
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from Elendiro

The currency and lack of AH is the best thing, to guy above: lol you're only mad because you can't play the AH and profit on highly inflated gold.

PoE is really nice

Who me?

I don't really play the AH at all, so not sure where you got that?

Sounds like you are just being defensive over someone being critical of something you like.

Its funny you would peg me as that 'ah guy' cause I literally have never been into that shit, even to my detriment in Diablo 3 in terms of competing with others and getting better gear. I don't really do it in wow either, it ruins the experience for me. I will buy stuff when I need it and sell big items but I don't do that constant all day playing the AH type shit. I make a lot of money with my job and don't really need to be going out of my way to make it with a hobby. So yeah you got the wrong guy.

I'm sorry if people being critical of a game you like offends or upsets you , but I don't really feel bad in this case because I more than stated that it was a good game and that I like it and you were being childish with your cliche 'lol u mad' response.
    Sounds to me like PoE is just a colorful and animated Excel spreadsheet. :P

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Gheed2010

Quote from killer625

...after that everyone will get back on d3 horse.

Because everyone wants a minimum-wage job when they play a PC game, right, bro?

4000 euroes > 0 euroes.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Bleu42
    there's a reason D3 sold SO many copies; It's a good game.

Exactly.
    And Britney Spears is an amazing singer. And Transformers is an awesome film.

Quote from overneathe

Sounds to me like PoE is just a colorful and animated Excel spreadsheet. :P

Aren't you supposed to be moderating this place?
    It was a joke. :(

Ha. Bagstone.

Sorry there's a couple things about PoE when I played it that I really did not like;

The 'new' in game currency is confusing and needlessly complex, gold would have been just fine.

The attribute tree is defiantly different, and I guess it was a must have because of the gem slots of armor. I however did not like the feel of it at all. I'd much rather stack the stats I want from gear, gems, and hopefully charms in D3's expansion.

The fact that picking your starting class is really just a glorified custom character is a bad idea in my opinion. I really didn't like the feel of any 'class' being able to pick any skills from the entire game that the wanted.

And speaking of skills, the whole gem = a skill is a clumsy system. An awesome item drops and I can't use it because then I wouldn't be able to use a certain skill or two? Again more complexity where it doesn't need to be.

You still potion spam in PoE. It's disguised as a mini buff system, but you are still there tapping your potion button constantly because instead of balancing monsters damage and the players defenses, you just chug more potions.

It's also back to a 1-3 skill game, which may be like D2, but that's a system I didn't like, even back with D2.

Each zone seemed to have maybe 3 monster types in it, and most of the time there was just 1 type, which really felt dull.

The combat feels really slow and non-responsive.

Now I'm not in here just to hate on PoE, there's many areas I feel D3 can improve upon. I however am convinced D3 is a much better game all around, and the above reasons are why I won't be playing PoE.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Xpire

Quote from FuriousBalls

Diablo 3 is unfinished game, therefor comparing it to anything is just stupid. Diablo 3 has a lot of potential but I m afraid it will pass a lot of time until we get the product we deserved.

Not sure how that is a good argument considering PoE Is in opend beta and Diablo 3 is officially the game.
    Considering you had to pay for it and all. Whorst. Argument. Ever.

Exactly buddy, that's why PoE is still in beta stage, it wasn't released the way Diablo 3 was, unfinished.
    Remember when computer games had brutal learning curves? I do. That's why I really like PoE. I like complex games. Call of Diablo III's loadout skill system and terrible item drops bore me. I farm currency at my job, not my games.

That said, I'm hoping D3 'gets there'. The game's systems don't seem to mesh very well together and the feeling I get is that it lacks a clear direction. I still have a little bit of faith in Blizzard being able to pull it all together into a cohesive whole.
    Quote from POI5ON

Yeah its true D3 and PoE need to have a baby and then we would all be happy lol

As long as PoE only gets the looks from Diablo 3.
    Quote from DatModz

Quote from POI5ON

Yeah its true D3 and PoE need to have a baby and then we would all be happy lol

As long as PoE only gets the looks from Diablo 3.

Yeah it would be the way to go taking the looks from D3 :)

100+ hours into PoE, I still think its a really good game. Any one that hasn't got round to trying it yet should. As for D3 its a tiny step up a very long ladder to make the game what it should be.
    ita a pool? so:

>>>>PoE
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from seraphim4
    torchlight 2 does all of em halfassed.

Diablo3 isnt done halfassed ?

Rares suck.
    most Legendarys still suck.
    Crafting sucks.
    Paragon without Ladder sucks.
    Ubers suck (once you got your ring).
    Mob Density sucks.
    Skill Diversity sucks.
    Lore is boring, spoonfed, and it sucks.

the whole Diablo3 Framework is staged on Lies, false promises and lots of hot air.

It's all beginning to make sense now...

The Lord of Lies made Diablo 3 to sell to all the suckers, and he even put himself in the game for giggles.

Bawww...
    I still think that D3 is a better game. So in my opinion - D3
    PoE - all the way.
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    For the next 10 Days or so? NEITHER :D
    God of War (Ps3) incoming... on Top of that... Tomb Raider + Resident Evil 6 still laying here.
    Next 10 Days or so i go Basement Dweller Mode, and torture my PS3...muaah

But after that... PoE ofc...
    Whirlwind (Cyclone) got patched in yesterday... Spin to Win inc :-)
    I remember going through the first difficulty of Path of Exile. God, it was so clunky. Clearly they did not care a lot about the animations.
    And in my opinion, the passive skill tree sucks. It don't feel rewarding when I lvl, like it did sometimes in Diablo 3.
    And for god sake, if you don't like AH in Diablo 3, then stop using it. Of course it can be a shame to use another site to trade, but do it.

That said, I don't play Diablo 3 neither. Both of the games are a bit boring :P

Best setup ever!
    Diablo 3 for now
    i like Diablo 3.....
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes