You Decide PoE or D3?

what minimum wage job ? u call browsing AH for 2h or less daily/2days a job ? its a bonus, its not a job, its a hooby, paid one, isnt that amazing actually ?
    When I first encountered PoE...it seemed pretty bland and uninteresting. Now, if I had 1000$ it would go straight to Grinding Gear Games. Only the ignorant choose to discard the beautiful qualities it has.

When you realize that this game is made by a total of 18 or so people (some guys from New Zealand), get into it and see for yourself that they have succeeded where giants like Blizzard failed, you can only be left in awe. At least, I was. This game's beautiful complexity along with GGG's love for the community - seeing as they are interested and actually listen to what the players have to say, not only saying so in obscure forum posts - has rejuvenated my faith in the gaming industry.

You don't know me, and probably never will. But heed my words: this game will be loved by millions. Its fanbase will see a booming rise in numbers over the course of 1-2 years.
    Quote from killer625

its a hooby, paid one, isnt that amazing actually ?

Sure, bro. It's important to enjoy what you do for a living.
    We will see. Its free2play so people will try it and if they like it they play it... - its that simple!
    Quote from killer625
    diablo 3 wins, RMAH.. need i say more ?

You've said enough right there. RMAH is the reason Diablo 3 is a failure. Everything Blizzard is doing and has done for Diablo 3 has been out of greed, and the RMAH has been the source of that greed.

Quote from Gheed2010
    In a perfect world, an ARPG would have the Diablo dev team circa 1997 and the Blizzard money (and pick of industry talent with it) circa now.

I may be wrong, but I heard that most of PoE's devs are ex-Diablo 1/2 developers.

Also throwing Blizzard level funds at PoE is all very well, but look at where greed got Diablo 3. I'm not too sure virtually unlimited funds would be a good thing for PoE development. If you're making a game for the money, it fails. If you're making it for the players, it usually succeeds; or at least this is the case with D3/PoE.
    Quote from Crateme

Quote from killer625

You've said enough right there. RMAH is the reason Diablo 3 is a failure. Everything Blizzard is doing and has done for Diablo 3 has been out of greed, and the RMAH has been the source of that greed.

Quote from Gheed2010
    In a perfect world, an ARPG would have the Diablo dev team circa 1997 and the Blizzard money (and pick of industry talent with it) circa now.

I may be wrong, but I heard that most of PoE's devs are ex-Diablo 1/2 developers.

Also throwing Blizzard level funds at PoE is all very well, but look at where greed got Diablo 3. I'm not too sure virtually unlimited funds would be a good thing for PoE development. If you're making a game for the money, it fails. If you're making it for the players, it usually succeeds; or at least this is the case with D3/PoE.

To your first point; Blizzard is a company, which means not only do they want money, they NEED money to keep funding games. Of course they are going to try and strike a balance between a fun game for most and what will get them the most profits. Luckily in video games you can have both because a good game usually sells well. Why SHOULDN'T Blizzard try and earn some of the money so many other people have been making off their previous titles? If there wasn't an RMAH in D3, then you'd have a million and 1 sites selling the items. It seems to me you'd rather have your head in the sand and if you don't 'see' a lot of people buying gear, then you feel better about yourself.

On the topic of PoE, it's torchlight that you're thinking of that has some of the employees that worked on D1 and D2. I played the PoE beta, and in it's core it's a bad game. Very few monster types / The gem = skill system / no actual currency besides 'mats' / combat is just completely boring, the list goes on. My opinions of course, but there's a reason D3 sold SO many copies; It's a good game.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Gheed2010

In that perfect world, Condor without Blizzard would've released a claymation, turn based RPG named Diablo and people wouldn't even know the game today. :P
    Quote from Crateme

Quote from killer625

You've said enough right there. RMAH is the reason Diablo 3 is a failure. Everything Blizzard is doing and has done for Diablo 3 has been out of greed, and the RMAH has been the source of that greed

The GAH destroyed the game for most players not the RMAH. People who want to buy items are going to do so. Saying it's bad the DEVELOPER gets a part of the money is just stupid. Btw, EVERYBODY keeps telling me how horrible the RMAH is, therefore i have to assume nobody is using it...

Do yourself a favour and restart the game, delete all your characters and play from scratch on never using any AH at all. You'll be surprised how good this game actually is.
    Poe all day ofc,more skillfull even if the combat system is less flavoured than diablo3
    PoE, i LOVE the active/passive skills, and the currency system.
    Though diablo got smoother animation, this might change when the final product is out
    I can see myself putting in A LOT of hours and money into this game, maybe it will be so successful it will get major patch`s and expansions
    I lol at people that say that "Diablo 3 lacks content" or "there is no end-game".

For your information, Diablo 3 is not an MMO.

Just to compare, what "content" or "end-game" did Diablo 2 have?
    None. You ran the same runs over and over, just like you do now in Diablo 3.

The whole point of the Diablo franchise is to develop your hero.
    Merciless grind in order to upgrade your character, get better gear, to be the best.

When 1.0.7 comes out, Diablo 3 will be basically Diablo 2 without the ladder system - which I hope Blizzard will introduce, as the Ladder was the sole thing that kept Diablo 2 alive for so many years.
    i have played POE and when i come back to diablo 3 to look how the things are going every act and every map looks like whyrmshire for me... PoE is awesome.
    not interested in POE at this point....too many games not enough time.
    Diablo 3 is unfinished game, therefor comparing it to anything is just stupid. Diablo 3 has a lot of potential but I m afraid it will pass a lot of time until we get the product we deserved.
    Quote from FuriousBalls

Diablo 3 is unfinished game, therefor comparing it to anything is just stupid. Diablo 3 has a lot of potential but I m afraid it will pass a lot of time until we get the product we deserved.

Not sure how that is a good argument considering PoE Is in opend beta and Diablo 3 is officially the game.
    Considering you had to pay for it and all. Whorst. Argument. Ever.
    "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit." - Vidar the Collector

Number 1 DH in Crit dmg @ World. Working for NR 1 in life aswell!
    Quote from Pietrov

I lol at people that say that "Diablo 3 lacks content" or "there is no end-game".

For your information, Diablo 3 is not an MMO.

Just to compare, what "content" or "end-game" did Diablo 2 have?
    None. You ran the same runs over and over, just like you do now in Diablo 3.

The whole point of the Diablo franchise is to develop your hero.
    Merciless grind in order to upgrade your character, get better gear, to be the best.

When 1.0.7 comes out, Diablo 3 will be basically Diablo 2 without the ladder system - which I hope Blizzard will introduce, as the Ladder was the sole thing that kept Diablo 2 alive for so many years.

And... Yeah diablo 2. Sure. Due to that you even have customization in diablo 3 and a awesome itemization? Yeah. Got it. Cool. And dont come with a comback "that you just didnt put enought time in to the game", considering i had very good gear. But yeah, we all belive in fairy tales and hope that they will fix the game in matter of days.

Not going to happend, they will probably make it better. But thats not in the next patch.
    "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit." - Vidar the Collector

Number 1 DH in Crit dmg @ World. Working for NR 1 in life aswell!
    Question: Poe or D3 ?
    Answer: This is a Diablo 3 forum I am answering on, isn't it?

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

PoE by far! Its not even a contest.
    after 2 days of open beta I'd go with PoE, I seriously didn't expect it to be that good

also and as a competitive player I cannot stand blizzard's policy of doing everything for "less skilled players", in fact in PoE there is no facerolling even in PvE which is veeery pleasing
    PoE is pretty good but people are vastly overrating it.

The currency situation is simply retarded, quite possibly one of the stupidest ideas I've seen in an otherwise well constructed game.

In terms of combat it is probably on the lower end in terms of any ARPG I have ever played. Its extremely lackluster. I kept thinking it would eventually get better but it never did.

Passives I think have potential but its almost like they made those as bland as possible, and its way too much for any new player, no matter how used to ARPGs they are. It takes you out of the experience when you have to pause and do theorycrafting every few minutes at the very start of the game.

Overall its a good game. Just has very little game feel and is overall lackluster in most aspects. Not saying it is bad. The game is very well done, especially considering its still in beta and the size of the team and everything. I just feel that the difference between the two games is that the problems in D3 are way easier to fix (though they might actually take more time to implement) but with PoE they just did a lackluster job with the basics, and its really hard to fix that type of thing without nearly redoing the game. I didn't really understand just how well combat was done in Diablo 3, the game feel is just amazing, and I didn't even notice till I started playing other ARPGs after playing D3. I hadn't been playing as much lately but playing PoE has really made me appreciate the positives of D3 and I've been playing a lot since then.

I will continue to play PoE casually, which I think is its main strength being F2P, and I really, really hope the game is successful and that people enjoy it. It is a good game and I hope they don't change it to be something it isn't but just fix the issues and improve on what they have. Diversity is a good thing and I hope D3 doesn't drastically change and try to copy PoE if it becomes really successful.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes