You Decide PoE or D3?

Made a Quick mock up about D3 Vs PoE :)

why no poll about it? but i dare to say they both have their positives aswell as negatives. which of them is more appealing to one is their own choice. personally i like PoE a bit better. Also if we are talking ARPG here you should take Torchlight 2 into consideration aswell not just D3 and PoE.

Just my 2 cents
    I think the way you should compare it is that d3 would be a regular lego set with instructions and poe is like having to build some of the more dificult lego stuff without a guide.
    Poe would be AMAZING if it wasn't so unforgiving for new people. Having to plan out ur spec from the getgo and basicly have researched the game before u can play cause u don't know what spells to get (this is a minor thing) and more importantly what level you want them to reach but as most importantly as said earlier figure out 100% how ur going to spec cause else it's expensive as fuck to respec (ingame currency).

I stopped playing d3 and honnestly stick with sc2 now and then other games on and off and would play poe (have a beta key) a shitton if it wasn't so nasty when it comes to the play atitude I have that is learn while playing (theory crafting and stuff is fine and I apreciate stuff like elitist jerks for wow and the likes but that is endgame not while learning and leveling to begin with). I approve of hardcore games but I prefer the starcraft aproach where u need to put time in to avoid being shait but if u are chilling for a while it won't force u to start over completely (lategame fine but having to relevel at like lvl 20 then lvl 50 or so when u realise how to play abit and then over and over again from there)
    Quote from POI5ON

Made a Quick mock up about D3 Vs PoE :)

Quote from Setharial

why no poll about it? but i dare to say they both have their positives aswell as negatives. which of them is more appealing to one is their own choice. personally i like PoE a bit better. Also if we are talking ARPG here you should take Torchlight 2 into consideration aswell not just D3 and PoE.

Just my 2 cents

lol. why? torchlight 2 is like diablo 3 and path of exiles retarded, slow and ugly son.

d3 does the visual and combat part insanly well, path of exile does items and leveling really well, torchlight 2 does all of em halfassed.
    In a perfect world PoE would run on diablo's engine
    Quote from seraphim4

lol. why? torchlight 2 is like diablo 3 and path of exiles retarded, slow and ugly son.

d3 does the visual and combat part insanly well, path of exile does items and leveling really well, torchlight 2 does all of em halfassed.

As someone who has likely played both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 much longer than you, I completely disagree.

D3 only has its combat going for it (ignoring the parts of it that are terrible like massive hit boxes). PoE and TL2 both trump it in leveling, itemization and end game, with PoE being more customizable and TL2 being more thematic.
    Quote from seraphim4
    torchlight 2 does all of em halfassed.

Diablo3 isnt done halfassed ?

Rares suck.
    most Legendarys still suck.
    Crafting sucks.
    Paragon without Ladder sucks.
    Ubers suck (once you got your ring).
    Mob Density sucks.
    Skill Diversity sucks.
    Lore is boring, spoonfed, and it sucks.

the whole Diablo3 Framework is staged on Lies, false promises and lots of hot air.
    Yeah its true D3 and PoE need to have a baby and then we would all be happy lol
    Quote from ProzaicMuze

Quote from seraphim4

As someone who has likely played both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 much longer than you, I completely disagree.

D3 only has its combat going for it (ignoring the parts of it that are terrible like massive hit boxes). PoE and TL2 both trump it in leveling, itemization and end game, with PoE being more customizable and TL2 being more thematic.

you may have played more torchlight 2 than me, dont think ive logged more than maybe 12h in that game, i might play some more if i am ever in a situation where i lack an internet connection, but if im given the choice between d3, poe and t2. its gonna be d3 and poe 100% of the time seeing as they are just better games.

t2 just feels low budget and halfassed as i mentioned.

also, ive got about 1100h played in d3 so if you have played more than me, i think you need to find a girlfriend, i know i sure do :P
    TL2 is going to feel very boring at first. This is something most people agree with, but the moment the uniques start dropping and you get multiple tier bonuses on your abilities, the game blossoms. I also don't think you can say that D3 and PoE are better games than TL2 with only 12 hours played. That's simply not fair given that you KNOW it's the kind of game that requires much more time than that to get to its core. Some people spent an entire month before they reached Inferno and to them D3 was the best game ever. Then they started Inferno and an entire month of positivity was changed by a single night of gaming.

As far as hours, I wasn't talking about total hours. My bad for not being specific. I've played Diablo 3 from day one of the beta (I was let in with press wave) and day one of the TL2 beta (same thing). As such I'm saying that I have seen both games change considerably over that time and Diablo 3 actually got worse while Torchlight 2 only got better. I don't really care about hours played, but I have 680 hours in D3 and 300+ in TL2 if you're interested.
    Here is my two cents on the D3 vs PoE debate.

Diablo 3:

Pros:

Graphics are pretty good, The combat is smooth, Easy To pick up,
    Lore isn't to bad, Paragon levels, Not much of a learning curve.

Cons:

Repetitive, 99% of the loot you find is worthless, Lack of Content,
    To Easy to hit the level cap, AH makes it to easy to gear up, No PvP, Cookie cutter specs.

PoE:

Pros:

Insane Skill Tree, Long grind to level cap (100), No AH, No Gold as currency,
    Set around a dark theme, Helpful community, Has PvP, Has Ladders,
    Awesome skill design, Innovative game play, F2P, Interesting flask system.

Cons:

Slightly outdated graphics, Lack of key binds, Cant customize the UI, Not very user friendly, Steep learning curve, Group play can be a pain to setup. Loss of XP when you die.
    i dont get it. You like airplanes? or you like legos? which one? decide and play with it.
    Quote from POI5ON

Long grind to level cap (100), No AH, No Gold as currency,
    Set around a dark theme, Helpful community,

I don't get how a "long grind to 100" is a pro. That totally seems like a con to me and is essentially the same as paragon levels.

Also, I think Diablo 3 has a pretty helpful community too (look at all the build guides and budget character build guides floating around). There's just a TON of negativity that makes the D3 community look bad.

Then again, I haven't played PoE; just seen it on stream.
    Quote from seraphim4

Quote from Setharial

Just my 2 cents

TL2 is the most fast paced of the 3. PoE is way overhyped for nothing in my opinion; skill tree is a 99% of boring passives, skills are very limited and shallow in the end, so does interactions, and graphics are bland to say the least. We all know how d3 did...
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from Krowz

I prefer PoE's engine & graphics. D3's looks good, but it feels too much like it's painted. You can go into the woods in Act 1 and you'll see - the trees and everything are stationary and don't move. Most of the areas aren't randomized, so it's like coming back and looking at the same painting over and over. Sure it looks good, but it gets old fast.
    I don't see why we have to pick one, 2 great games. Each have their faults but overall pretty fun
    diablo 3 wins, RMAH.. need i say more ? made over 4k euros on d3, with minimal effort (playing AH like 2h/day),. cant make money on PoE, once ppl hit max lvl in PoE there is nothing left to do, in d3 when u hit that sweet paragon 100, u farm and make money off of it. to sum it up, PoE might be better than d3 for about 1-2 months, after that everyone will get back on d3 horse.
    Quote from Krowz

In a perfect world, an ARPG would have the Diablo dev team circa 1997 and the Blizzard money (and pick of industry talent with it) circa now.

Alas, we do not live in a perfect world, and none of this generation of ARPGs come close to the D/D2/LoD as the complete package.
    Quote from killer625

...after that everyone will get back on d3 horse.

Because everyone wants a minimum-wage job when they play a PC game, right, bro?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes